Poll: How much faith do you have in Lewis as the DC
I Believe
No Faith
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Faith Do You Have In Lewis As DC This Season?
How much faith do you have in Lewis as the DC for remainder of this season in turning this defense around?

He has the reputation of being a great Defensive Coordinator which obviously landed him the HC here in Cincy, will he get this defense turned around this season?
Reply/Quote
You need a third option...
"Cautiously optimistic"
Reply/Quote
I'd be surprised to see us get any worse. I'm cautiously optimistic the change will be drastic enough to become a legit playoff team. But I hope it is.
Reply/Quote
It has nowhere to go but up, but I don't think the talent itself is there for us to see any substantial turnaround.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 03:34 PM)Tomkat Wrote: You need a third option...
"Cautiously optimistic"

Then it wouldn't be as fun.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I completely believe that he can get those guys to play better than they have been. Honestly? The past 4 games have been worse than what we endured in the 90's.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 03:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I completely believe that he can get those guys to play better than they have been.  Honestly?  The past 4 games have been worse than what we endured in the 90's.

and that's quite a statement! The 90s... 

when you mention that to Bengal fans they don't think of grunge music!!!
Reply/Quote
Marvin cant be any worse than Teryl Austin, I hope. But a move had to be made and whether it works out or not, old Bungles would not have fired Austin mid-season (which was the right move).
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 03:40 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It has nowhere to go but up, but I don't think the talent itself is there for us to see any substantial turnaround.

You think losing Iloka and Minter is why we have dropped from the top half of the league last year to dead last?
Reply/Quote
The poll is missing an entry - "has to be better than Austin".
Reply/Quote
Wait... I thought it was about the Jimmies and Joes not the X's and O's?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
It doesn’t really matter.

The point is they off loaded what wasn’t working. Our defense as it’s been stated numerous times is historically bad so it’s not as if it could get worse. Even if if it did it hardly matters cause it wasn’t getting better with Austin steering the D ship.

Perhaps we finish the season with Lewis and they wait till the off season to find someone new.

I’m ok with that. If we’re being honest this team isn’t out of the playoffs yet but even if we get in we’ll probably get bumped anyways. I think getting Austin out gives us better odds no matter who replaces him at this point.

Preferably they will dump Marvin at seasons end also but he’s here till death do us part.
Reply/Quote
I know this is cliche to say but it certainly can't get worse than it is now, and I prefer Marvin to call the defense than Haslett. I expect the pass rush to be more productive and the corners to get more opportunities to create turnovers.

As far as I'm concerned, the focus needs to be on the offense. John Ross ran a nice route in the end zone for the touchdown then the rest of the game you only have him run go routes? It's like Lazor adjusted nothing during the bye week after AJ was ruled out. Every week I always see average receivers on other teams find a way to get open yet our offense stalls because our #1 is getting doubled? I don't buy it. Use your players in any way you can instead of running the same crap as if AJ is still out there. Mixon is still being massively underused but I don't think I need to point that out.
Reply/Quote
I think the offense gave up late in the first half when we realized we had no chance of stopping the saints. Lazor , Dalton and company gave up at that point. The defense was so abyssmal basically the offense said whats the point?
Reply/Quote
Superbowl!!! Merv turns this into the 2000 ravens
Reply/Quote
I honestly don't think there will be much of a change. My reason is this, why didn't Merv step in earlier and say this "safe" crap isn't working? I'm not saying he should have fired him earlier, just maybe have a private conversation telling Austin that we need to do something different, better than what is on the field....
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 03:34 PM)Tomkat Wrote: You need a third option...
"Cautiously optimistic"

Agreed. This is where I’m at right now.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 03:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You think losing Iloka and Minter is why we have dropped from the top half of the league last year to dead last?

We miss Iloka guy did the little things that go in noticed back there. Also we are currently missing 4 other starers Lawson, Vigil, Vontaz, and Dennard.  During this 4 game stretch of hell.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think Lewis is a better DC than HC.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 04:55 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Superbowl!!! Merv turns this into the 2000 ravens

Who turns Andy into Trent Dilfer?   
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote