Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Power Does ZT Have?
Every move that's made, I see some people say 'Trust ZT':

But, apparently Marvin Lewis didn't even get to decide who was active on gameday until 2011! Yeah that's really hard to believe isn't it?

'I bet you didn’t know that until 2011, Marvin Lewis didn’t even get to pick who would be active on gameday! If you don’t believe me, read this.' (This quote was from thegruelingtruth.com.)
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/1/5/1916318/mike-brown-press-conference-with-marvin-lewis-didnt-win-any-fans

https://thegruelingtruth.com/football/nfl/mike-brown-is-making-fools-out-of-cincinnati-bengals-fans-and-the-city-of-cincinnati/

So how much power would MB give a coach who was a QB coach last year and an Assistant WR Coach the year before?
Reply/Quote
I don't think Zach would have taken the job if he couldn't get to pick who was active on game day at the very least. Also I don't think this is Mike's team as much as Dukes team and I think that transition has been going on for a while. I also think that's why Marvin left and lost Interest.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Hard to say...this off-season we've credited all sorts of people for making various decisions and all we can do is guess. Did Mike Brown relent? Did Katie take over? What about Troy? Is Mike Brown still doing stuff? Is ZT a GM?

The way I see it, ZT is the golden child at the moment so if stuff goes well it's going to be because he is in control and it's a NEW DEY and if things don't go well it's going to be clear that Mike Brown is getting in the way of progress again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 10:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Every move that's made, I see some people say 'Trust ZT':

But, apparently Marvin Lewis didn't even get to decide who was active on gameday until 2011! Yeah that's really hard to believe isn't it?

'I bet you didn’t know that until 2011, Marvin Lewis didn’t even get to pick who would be active on gameday! If you don’t believe me, read this.' (This quote was from thegruelingtruth.com.)
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/1/5/1916318/mike-brown-press-conference-with-marvin-lewis-didnt-win-any-fans

https://thegruelingtruth.com/football/nfl/mike-brown-is-making-fools-out-of-cincinnati-bengals-fans-and-the-city-of-cincinnati/

So how much power would MB give a coach who was a QB coach last year and an Assistant WR Coach the year before?
I think he's got exactly as much power as he wants.  I think they handed him the keys.    That doesn't mean he took or even wanted to take all the keys.   The first thing he did when he got here was have the place rebuilt.  What more needs to be said?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 10:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Every move that's made, I see some people say 'Trust ZT':

Does anyone really think Price would be riding the pine if Taylor didn't have control?
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 11:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: Does anyone really think Price would be riding the pine if Taylor didn't have control?

This.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 11:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: Does anyone really think Price would be riding the pine if Taylor didn't have control?

(09-02-2019, 11:35 PM)NKURyan Wrote: This.  ThumbsUp

Not sure what your point is.

When was the last tiem Mike Brown stopped a Bengal head coach from keeping a first round pick on the bench?
Reply/Quote
So much power that I would give Zac Taylor a year or two to turn the franchise around if/when Tobin is fired. The guy who hired him and is calling all the shots.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 11:00 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I don't think Zach would have taken the job if he couldn't get to pick who was active on game day at the very least. Also I don't think this is Mike's team as much as Dukes team and I think that transition has been going on for a while.  I also think that's why Marvin left and lost Interest.

When you say "Marvin left" do you mean "Marvin was fired?"
Reply/Quote
I truly believe the Bengals Front Office realized they needed to change their archaic ways of doing business moving forward.

Having Marvin as a puppet clearly didn't work and Troy and Katie have taken the keys to daddys Cadillac.

Look at the little things Zac has done in a short time:
1. New Revamped Player Entrance
2. Clocks on the practice field'
3. Players lining up on the white line for the National Anthem

This was stuff that Marvin overlooked or didn't carry a big enough "stick" to get done.

I truly believe Zac has carte blanche for whatever he wants and needs to do
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 08:58 AM)corpjet Wrote: I truly believe the Bengals Front Office realized they needed to change their archaic ways of doing business moving forward.

Having Marvin as a puppet clearly didn't work and Troy and Katie have taken the keys to daddys Cadillac.

1.  New Revamped Player Entrance
2.  Clocks on the practice field'
3.  Players lining up on the white line for the National Anthem

This was stuff that Marvin overlooked or didn't carry a big enough "stick" to get done.

IF that's the case, then his selections in free agency were underwhelming. And many of them had ties to him or one of his coaches in the past...so they likely were his.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 08:58 AM)corpjet Wrote: I truly believe the Bengals Front Office realized they needed to change their archaic ways of doing business moving forward.

1.  New Revamped Player Entrance
2.  Clocks on the practice field'
3.  Players lining up on the white line for the National Anthem

Right, because clearly the reason Marvin did not have clocks on the practice field was because Mike Brown opposed them. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
I thought maybe ZT had some new power, but the last couple days and seeing how the FO is setting ZT up for failure by no attempt to upgrade a roster that looks as though it is woefully understaffed in certain spots makes me think otherwise. ZT shouldn't be blamed for the season we are about to have. The FO did nothing to help him win.

I think we've gone backwards from the Marvin power wins. Far better moves (FA signings, pre season/53 man roster trades) under Marvin.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 12:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Not sure what your point is.

When was the last tiem Mike Brown stopped a Bengal head coach from keeping a first round pick on the bench?

Which is a fair point, but Marvin kept 1st rounders on the bench prior to 2011.  Are we expected to believe that Marvin had the power to bench first round picks, but didn't have power over the active gameday roster as the cited article claims?
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 09:32 AM)Whatever Wrote: Which is a fair point, but Marvin kept 1st rounders on the bench prior to 2011.  Are we expected to believe that Marvin had the power to bench first round picks, but didn't have power over the active gameday roster as the cited article claims?

I seem to remember Keith Rivers, Rey Maualuga, Rashaad Jenty, Jonathan Joseph and many, many others all starting as rookies.  Might want to look up some past rosters, to see for yourself. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 10:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/1/5/1916318/mike-brown-press-conference-with-marvin-lewis-didnt-win-any-fans

What epic examples of out-of-control crybaby articles.  Wonder why anyone would keep those bookmarked?

Guess someone felt all that whining was wasted because they preceded a string of five straight playoff appearances.
Reply/Quote
I believe ZT has been granted a lot of leeway. They handed him the keys on the field and said we'll support your decisions. I doubt he would have taken the job otherwise.

How much further they let him drive ? we'll see
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 10:27 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe ZT has been granted a lot of leeway. They handed him the keys on the field and said we'll support your decisions. I doubt he would have taken the job otherwise.

How much further they let him drive ? we'll see

I think we'd like to believe that.

Reality is he was an Assistant WR coach 2 years ago and a QB Coach last year. Most teams would not hire a guy that inexperienced as a HC. So it's not like he had a ton of leverage.

It was a weird coaching search this year for all of the vacancies. Usually 2-3 teams compete to hire the same guy. This year, it seems like all of the teams had different targets.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 10:33 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think we'd like to believe that.

Reality is he was an Assistant WR coach 2 years ago and a QB Coach last year. Most teams would not hire a guy that inexperienced as a HC. So it's not like he had a ton of leverage.

It was a weird coaching search this year for all of the vacancies. Usually 2-3 teams compete to hire the same guy. This year, it seems like all of the teams had different targets.

How long are you gonna beat that drum ? You've posted that line a hundred times. You do understand that every single HC ever was a HC for the first time once don't you ?

None of us not one, have any idea what's going to happen down the road with how well or bad this team will do under ZT. But I'm not going to place that much emphasis on what he was the last few years. He seems to have a good football mind, he knows where he wants to go. Just look at the roster compared to years past. The cuts, the guys retained.

The change in practice, the time clock during practice and on and on. Am I saying ZT is the bomb ? No

But I'm willing to give the guy a chance
Reply/Quote
It must be true, I read an article on it!!! LMAO I guess any shmuck can write something and a few lemmings will believe it.....
Reply/Quote