Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Power Does ZT Have?
(10-09-2019, 11:19 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I also recall taking Sample in the 2nd being called a great move and evidence ZT had a lot of influence in the draft.  

Sample may one day become a decent TE, but it's impossible to tell if that could be the case with him sitting behind two other players and the reduced targeting of TEs in this offense so far.

We'd have gotten a lot more use out of any number of WRs available at that point in the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 11:07 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Sample may one day become a decent TE, but it's impossible to tell if that could be the case with him sitting behind two other players and the reduced targeting of TEs in this offense so far.

We'd have gotten a lot more use out of any number of WRs available at that point in the draft.

I thought Sample did okay in the preseason.  I do not know if he has dropped a pass but it blows my mind that the offense cannot use TE against a Cardinal team that struggles against TE.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 11:07 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Sample may one day become a decent TE, but it's impossible to tell if that could be the case with him sitting behind two other players and the reduced targeting of TEs in this offense so far.

I'm not ragging on Sample and I have faith he will be pretty good.  I'm commenting on how we picked him in the 2nd and we were like "Who is that????  Errr...I mean HOLY CRAP what a great pick!  Zac Taylor is obviously the GM of this team!"
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 01:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not ragging on Sample and I have faith he will be pretty good.  I'm commenting on how we picked him in the 2nd and we were like "Who is that????  Errr...I mean HOLY CRAP what a great pick!  Zac Taylor is obviously the GM of this team!"

Much like when we made the playoffs for 5 years in a row there was rampant speculation that Mike Brown gave control of the team to Katie and that her and Tobin were making great moves.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 08:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So anyone want to flip their stance on Taylors failures as OC in Miami and at UC after seeing what happened here so far?

We've also seen in other threads that basically the entire roster has regressed.

Also, we've seen that our defense has given up the most yards in franchise history 5 games in.

Anyone want to flip their stance and declare that Taylor is a bad coach at this point? (Maybe he'll improve. Maybe not.)

No. It's his first year. He may be making mistakes but IT'S HIS FIRST YEAR. IF there's been no major improvements by the end of his 2nd season, then sure, get a new HC. Until then, why not just see if he can grow into a good, if not great, HC.

With your mindset, we'd constantly be turning over the coaching staff and roster after starting poorly not realizing that not all rookies start off great.

Bill Belichick went 0-4 in his first season as Patriots HC. Good thing the GM didn't think like you and fire him.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 04:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No. It's his first year. He may be making mistakes but IT'S HIS FIRST YEAR. IF there's been no major improvements by the end of his 2nd season, then sure, get a new HC. Until then, why not just see if he can grow into a good, if not great, HC.

With your mindset, we'd constantly be turning over the coaching staff and roster after starting poorly not realizing that not all rookies start off great.

Bill Belichick went 0-4 in his first season as Patriots HC. Good thing the GM didn't think like you and fire him.

I'm more focused on him being a bad OC than bad HC.

I think they likely need to hire an OC.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 04:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm more focused on him being a bad OC than bad HC.

I think they likely need to hire an OC.

Same thing still applies, though. Yeah, he's not been great as an OC, but there've been moments. You still can't judge him until after his 2nd year. Even as an OC.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote