Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Power Does ZT Have?
(09-06-2019, 04:20 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: No one said it was okay, but provided the context for it. Is that so wrong? 

When you don't want to hear why something happened and you don't think humans can improve with experience...yes.  Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 04:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...seems like McVay did considerably better than 123rd ranked offense:

On January 14, 2014, McVay was promoted to offensive coordinator by new Redskins head coach Jay Gruden.[15] In his first year as offensive coordinator, he turned the team's offense into the 12th-ranked pass offense in the NFL—averaging 268.4 passing yards per game with third-year quarterback, Kirk Cousins—the 17th-ranked rush offense, with 97.9 rushing yards per game, and the 10th ranked total offense in the NFL (a year after the team's offense finished ranked 25th in total offense), averaging 24.3 points per game and 353.8 total yards per game.[16] In 2016, the passing offense ranked third best in the NFL with 297.4 yards per game, while the rushing offense ranked 20th, averaging 106.0 rushing yards per game. The 2016 offense finished 3rd overall in total yards and 11th in points, averaging 403.4 total yards per game and 24.8 points per game.[17] 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_McVay

...and you've completely missed the point again. Big shock.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 04:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...all because I don't think having the 123rd ranked offense out of 128 in college football is bad.

And your post borders on personal attack. But, I guess that's what you do when you are on the losing side of an argument. Hilarious  Because, there's no way to explain how producing the 123rd ranked offense in college football is ok.

Taylor himself said it wasn't acceptable! 

No, because you refuse to acknowledge or actually refute any of the mountains of evidence presented in this very thread to keep repeating the same thing ad nauseum, truth be damned. You refuse to be educated or to learn anything and you're clearly not interested in actually getting any perspective on your claims, you just want to complain.

Cry me a river, too. You've had your butt handed to you throughout this thread, you're just too daft to realize it so now you're gonna scream "wahhhh personal attack" because you can't actually respond with anything of value. Has anybody actually agreed with anything you've said in the last 5 pages of this thread?

Good for Taylor for taking the blame and not making excuses. Doesn't mean they weren't valid, it just means he's a professional and has the class not to put the blame on a bunch of college freshmen and sophomores.
Reply/Quote
If you are trying too defend Marvin over Taylor. What was Marvin known for LB's which is the same unit that was the worst unit in the NFL last year. besides for when we had Zimmer our defenses were garbage.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 05:32 PM)NKURyan Wrote: No, because you refuse to acknowledge or actually refute any of the mountains of evidence presented in this very thread to keep repeating the same thing ad nauseum, truth be damned. You refuse to be educated or to learn anything and you're clearly not interested in actually getting any perspective on your claims, you just want to complain.

Cry me a river, too. You've had your butt handed to you throughout this thread, you're just too daft to realize it so now you're gonna scream "wahhhh personal attack" because you can't actually respond with anything of value. Has anybody actually agreed with anything you've said in the last 5 pages of this thread?

Good for Taylor for taking the blame and not making excuses. Doesn't mean they weren't valid, it just means he's a professional and has the class not to put the blame on a bunch of college freshmen and sophomores.

You all have not made 1 valid point. You blamed players and basically everybody but ZT. It's on coaches to innovate, develop players, and put in a scheme that maximizes talent. He FAILED to do that at UC. He FAILED to do that with the Dolphins.

Taylor even admits that he underperformed and needs to do better. No matter how you slice it, it falls on the OC for having the 123rd ranked offense in college football. OC's are responsible for developing players.

Interesting you all tried to discredit Sean McVay to prove he was a bad OC too (which he wasn't.) The old 'Look McVay was a bad OC so there's hope for ZT strategy.'
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 05:39 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If you are trying too defend Marvin over Taylor. What was Marvin known for LB's which is the same unit that was the worst unit in the NFL last year. besides for when we had Zimmer  our defenses were garbage.

Didn't you always predict big things for the Bengals EVERY year with Marvin? Now he leaves and he was terrible.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 02:21 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: 2014, Redskins were 4-12 and had the 26th out of 32 ranked offense. Average 18.8 points a game. You know who the OC was? Sean Mcvay.  Matter of fact, when he was OC they never won more than 9 games, and he cracked the top 10 (10) offense one time in 4 years. You would think as good of a head coach he is, you know taking his team to the superbowl, he would have have at least a top rated offense all four years if it all is on the back of the OC, right?

Maybe we should have given Zampese a shot at HC.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 06:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Didn't you always predict big things for the Bengals EVERY year with Marvin? Now he leaves and he was terrible.

ive been saying Marvin was terrible and needed to go for last 5 or 6 years. I wanted him fired after playoff loss too Steelers. I thought we had enough talent too potentially win in spite of Marvin
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 06:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You all have not made 1 valid point. 

Bullshit.

You're dismissed.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 06:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bullshit.

You're dismissed.

Excuse after excuse after excuse. It's the players. It's the HC not letting him play good players.

When you're the OC, you innovate and put in a scheme to have players produce.

This isn't controversial. Taylor basically said he didn't get the job done! You're arguing with him too.

Please stop arguing with ZT!
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 06:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe we should have given Zampese a shot at HC.

And if we did, people on here would explain away his issues as Marvin, injuries, ownership, etc.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 06:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Didn't you always predict big things for the Bengals EVERY year with Marvin? Now he leaves and he was terrible.

You even agreed with me that it was asinine that we didn't take advantage of the "free play" when dlineman jumps offsides that every other team in the NFL did long before we did. Aaron Rodgers would have been mediocre here. He's made a hall of fame career out of the "free play" alone
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 06:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Excuse after excuse after excuse. It's the players. It's the HC not letting him play good players.

When you're the OC, you innovate and put in a scheme to have players produce.

This isn't controversial. Taylor basically said he didn't get the job done! You're arguing with him too.

Please stop arguing with ZT!

5 games and 12 games.

Plenty of time to implement your system with your guys and develop your offense.

lol. How much more ridiculous can it get?

Bye Felicia

P.S. I'm sad you can't see how truly bad your stance is.
P.P.S. No i'm not.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 06:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You all have not made 1 valid point. You blamed players and basically everybody but ZT. It's on coaches to innovate, develop players, and put in a scheme that maximizes talent. He FAILED to do that at UC. He FAILED to do that with the Dolphins.

Taylor even admits that he underperformed and needs to do better. No matter how you slice it, it falls on the OC for having the 123rd ranked offense in college football. OC's are responsible for developing players.
Interesting you all tried to discredit Sean McVay to prove he was a bad OC too (which he wasn't.) The old 'Look McVay was a bad OC so there's hope for ZT strategy.'

No discrediting or saying he was bad. I really like McVay. Just using your method to see if it works and you just proved your method is biased and negligent. His first year as an OC in Washington (comparable to Taylor's first year as OC at UC) was bad in terms of Points per game which is what you are basing your 123/128 on, or thata all you are pointing to by saying 19ppg or whatever you kept rambling on about. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 06:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 5 games and 12 games.

Plenty of time to implement your system with your guys and develop your offense.

lol. How much more ridiculous can it get?

Bye Felicia

P.S. I'm sad you can't see how truly bad your stance is.
P.P.S. No i'm not.

He's just the guy standing there with his fingers in his ears going "lalalalalalalala I can't hear you". Don't actually acknowledge or repeat any of the mounds of counterpoints, because that would involve having an actual discussion, instead just repeat the same thing ad nauseum regardless and then wonder why everyone is laughing at you.

Has anyone actually agreed with anything he's said? Shouldn't that tell him something? Instead, just play the victim card instead and chalk that up as a victory. Pathetic.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 05:39 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote:  besides for when we had Zimmer  our defenses were garbage.

This fact may seem meaningless in the firestorm this thread has turned into, but since Zimmer left our defense has ranked in the top half of the league 3 of 4 years including two years in the top 8.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 06:20 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: You even agreed with me that it was asinine that we didn't take advantage of the "free play" when dlineman jumps offsides that every other team in the NFL did long before we did. Aaron Rodgers would have been mediocre here. He's made a hall of fame career out of the "free play" alone

Oh the Bengals needed change and yes, probably most teams change coaches after the Steelers playoff loss. It's just who they hired and also th staff they surrounded him with.

I feel like a better OC and DC choice was needed. Especially DC to make up for ZT's inexperience.

Time will tell.

We're an extreme outlier in the NFL for playoff success and it's bound to happen at some point. Maybe under Taylor? Time will tell.
Reply/Quote
Here's a nice article from the Miami Herald titled: Miami Dolphins coordinators didn’t improve units

Lou Anarumo and Zac Taylor walked to the podium inside the Dolphins media room on Thursday, neither coach having any idea if this was the last time in their lives that they will hold news conferences as coordinators (or in Taylor’s case, de facto coordinator) of an NFL defense and offense.

If they hold those positions again after Sunday, it likely will be elsewhere.

Both men had a chance to impress Dolphins management as in-season replacements, hand-picked by interim coach Dan Campbell.

And though players shoulder much of the blame for the 5-10 record, the Dolphins statistically displayed little or no improvement on either side of the ball after changing coordinators.

The Dolphins allowed 25.2 points per game under Kevin Coyle through four games. They have relinquished 25.3 per game in 11 games with Anarumo as coordinator.

Offensively, the Dolphins generally have regressed, at least statistically, since Bill Lazor was replaced by Taylor, who doesn’t have the coordinator title but calls the plays.

The Dolphins averaged 20.4 points per game under Lazor, ranking in the bottom third of the league. They’re averaged 16.2 in four games under Taylor.

“Nothing is the way we want it or we wouldn’t be sitting where we’re at, [but] I can’t say I regret those moves,” Campbell said of his coordinator decisions. “Lou has done a hell of a job. Statistically, it’s not good enough. [But] schematically, I don’t regret that.

“Zac — what I’m pleased is he’s committed to the run game. I feel like he’s trying … to run it more the way I think we should play the game. It protects our offensive line, helps the quarterback with the play-action pass.”

Days after he was named interim coach, Campbell promoted Anarumo to replace Coyle, even though he had been a defensive coordinator only once before, with the U.S. Merchant Marines from 1992 to 1994.

Anarumo made subtle changes, including simplifying the defense and moving Ndamukong Suh around more.

But the Dolphins’ rush defense remained among the worst in the league (opponents are averaging 130 yards per game on the ground against Miami, which ranks 30th) and the pass defense is allowing a 98.8 opponent passer rating, which is 25th.

So how could a defense add Suh and be statistically worse in run defense?

“You can’t be 30 out of 35 [plays],” Anarumo said. “You have to be 35 out of 35. That has been our Achilles’ heel this year. You stop them for 30 plays and three of them get out for big runs. That’s my fault. I haven’t done a good enough job to get them to eliminate those long runs.”

Offensively, Lazor was fired partly because Campbell wanted to run the ball more. The Dolphins have averaged 23 rushing attempts per game under Taylor, compared with 19.8 under Lazor.

But the Dolphins have scored only seven touchdowns in four games under Taylor, who had never called plays before.

So is there anything the two replacement coordinators would have done differently?

Taylor indicated he regretted not getting the ball to Jarvis Landry more in the first three quarters against Indianapolis.

Anarumo said he wouldn’t have done anything differently with player usage because “we played kind of the hand the way it was dealt.”

As for strategy, “there are certain things I certainly could have done better.”
Reply/Quote
taking over a job midseason is always difficult. campbell has to bear some responsibility for Miami as well. not too mention the offenses they played probably included pats twice. jets had a nasty defense at that time as well. Also people can learn and improve
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 08:55 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: taking over a job midseason is always difficult. campbell has to bear some responsibility for Miami as well. not too mention the offenses they played probably included pats twice. jets had a nasty defense at that time as well. Also people can learn and improve

First time ever as an OC, taking over midseason with someone else's offense, running the ball more as per the HC, playing a top 10 defense more often and a bottom half defense less often than the previous OC, and, yet, somehow in 5 games he's supposed to install his own, better schemes and develop players. Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote