Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Power Does ZT Have?
On November 30, 2015, he was promoted to the team's interim offensive coordinator, after the firing of the previous offensive coordinator, Bill Lazor. During the five games Taylor served as OC, the Dolphins went 2-3 and averaged 17 points per game,[9] a slight regress from their per-game average under Lazor, though Interim Coach Dan Campbell still had positive things to say of Taylor's performance.
Reply/Quote
Interesting Tidbit...Jim Turner is how ZT got hired at U of Cincy:

On January 2016, Taylor was hired by University of Cincinnati Bearcats head coach Tommy Tuberville to be the Bearcats' offensive coordinator. According to Taylor, Jim Turner, who had been an offensive line coach for the Dolphins, was the one who connected him with Tuberville.[11]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 09:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Interesting Tidbit...Jim Turner is how ZT got hired at U of Cincy:

On January 2016, Taylor was hired by University of Cincinnati Bearcats head coach Tommy Tuberville to be the Bearcats' offensive coordinator. According to Taylor, Jim Turner, who had been an offensive line coach for the Dolphins, was the one who connected him with Tuberville.[11]

Yiou've got a whole lot out here in black and white about the new HC.  It'll be interesting to see how right or wrong you are about him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Look at ZT at U of Cincy as OC:

He spent 2016 running a Cincinnati Bearcats offense that ranked 123rd (out of 128 Division I-FBS teams) with 19.3 points per game for a 4-8 team.
Reply/Quote
To summarize:

Lazor gets fired as OC in Miami because his offense is bad and ZT takes over and makes it WORSE.

Then at U of Cincy, he produces the 123rd ranked offense out of 128 teams.

And a bunch of people on the board think that Marvin was the problem with this team and that ZT is some coaching genius who is an obvious upgrade.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 09:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: To summarize:

Lazor gets fired as OC in Miami because his offense is bad and ZT takes over and makes it WORSE.

Then at U of Cincy, he produces the 123rd ranked offense out of 128 teams.

And a bunch of people on the board think that Marvin was the problem with this team and that ZT is some coaching genius who is an obvious upgrade.

Like I said, lotta stuff out there in black and white before his team has played a single down of regular season football.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 09:25 PM)McC Wrote: Yiou've got a whole lot out here in black and white about the new HC.  It'll be interesting to see how right or wrong you are about him.

I'm posting things that already happened. 100% chance I'm right!

You apparently don't like reading about ZT's failures because it contradicts the narrative on the board that he's some coaching genius that will improve the team after inept coaching.

The reality is that at U of Cincy he had the 123rd ranked offense in the country!
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 09:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Look at ZT at U of Cincy as OC:

He spent 2016 running a Cincinnati Bearcats offense that ranked 123rd (out of 128 Division I-FBS teams) with 19.3 points per game for a 4-8 team.

Do you know anything about that team?  Other than what you googled, that is?

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 09:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm posting things that already happened. 100% chance I'm right!

You apparently don't like reading about ZT's failures because it contradicts the narrative on the board that he's some coaching genius that will improve the team after inept coaching.

The reality is that at U of Cincy he had the 123rd ranked offense in the country!

No, what you're doing and have been doing, is predicting what will happen.  Anybody can see that.  You and Fred, the campaign against. Funny you use the word narrative, as you are the narrative king.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 09:21 PM)McC Wrote: I know you're rooting against him.  I won't waste any more breath.

This line of BS from you is getting kind of old.

This discussion was about how much power Taylor had, not how good of a coach he will be.  It got thrown off the tracks because your hyper-sensitive snowflake ass could not handle anyone suggesting that Zac Taylor was not the all-powerful godhead of the Bengals organization.  So you called me a FOOL for not seeing that it was Zac's decision to do NOTHING in free agency to improve the talent level of this roster. 

Like I said before, "Lighten up, Francis".  This may come as a huge shock to your ego, but it is actually possible for someone to be rooting for the Bengals while NOT believing all of your delusional folderol about how much power Taylor has.

No coach in his right mind would be satisfied with what the Bengals did in free agency after finishing dead last in the league in defense and 26th in offense.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 09:31 PM)McC Wrote: Do you know anything about that team?  Other than what you googled, that is?

What would you like me to know about it? And why does it matter?

The narrative on the board is that ZT is a great coach who will come in here and turn around underperforming players like Ross, Westerman, Jefferson, etc.

If you're about to tell me that U of Cincy had no talent...then producing the 123rd ranked offense shows he didn't improve those guys with his system. I also doubt that if you ranked the offensive personnel from all 128 college football teams that U of Cincy had the 123rd best personnel. They underperformed.

College football is the ultimate proving grounds for innovative coaches to come up with a scheme that masks poor personnel. Heck, that's what the spread offense is basically.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 09:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What would you like me to know about it? And why does it matter?

The narrative on the board is that ZT is a great coach who will come in here and turn around underperforming players like Ross, Westerman, Jefferson, etc.

If you're about to tell me that U of Cincy had no talent...then producing the 123rd ranked offense shows he didn't improve those guys with his system. I also doubt that if you ranked the offensive personnel from all 128 college football teams that U of Cincy had the 123rd best personnel. They underperformed.

College football is the ultimate proving grounds for innovative coaches to come up with a scheme that masks poor personnel. Heck, that's what the spread offense is basically.

Nothing happens in a vacuum.  Intelligent people know that.  Ask a UC fan about that season.  Oops, never mind, won't fit your narrative.

That's alright.  Judgment day is not far away and then we'll see about your narrative, won't we?

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 09:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This line of BS from you is getting kind of old.

This discussion was about how much power Taylor had, not how good of a coach he will be.  It got thrown off the tracks because your hyper-sensitive snowflake ass could not handle anyone suggesting that Zac Taylor was not the all-powerful godhead of the Bengals organization.  So you called me a FOOL for not seeing that it was Zac's decision to do NOTHING in free agency to improve the talent level of this roster. 

Like I said before, "Lighten up, Francis".  This may come as a huge shock to your ego, but it is actually possible for someone to be rooting for the Bengals while NOT believing all of your delusional folderol about how much power Taylor has.

No coach in his right mind would be satisfied with what the Bengals did in free agency after finishing dead last in the league in defense and 26th in offense.

Yep. I really do hope that the Bengals win this year. Heck, I'd be happy with 9-7.

But, ZT definitely doesn't seem to squeeze potential out of average talented rosters based on his track record. I really wish the Bengals signed 2-3 upgrades for the roster. But, they didn't.

So health and coaching change is what we have to look forward to. So far health has been bad with Williams likely out for the year and Boling retiring. Plus, Green and Ross injured.

So that leaves coaching as the sole way to improve on 6 wins from last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 09:25 PM)McC Wrote: Yiou've got a whole lot out here in black and white about the new HC.  It'll be interesting to see how right or wrong you are about him.

You have put a lot out there also.

It will be interesting to see if there really were no better free agent values on the market than Bobby Hart, John Miller, John Jerry, Andre Smith, and B.W. Webb.

As for how good of a coach Taylor will be please tell me what I have predicted.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 09:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This line of BS from you is getting kind of old.

Show me exactly where I called you a fool or STFU.

You live in fear that he will prove just how bad your sweetheart actually was at the end.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 09:37 PM)McC Wrote: Nothing happens in a vacuum.  Intelligent people know that.  Ask a UC fan about that season.  Oops, never mind, won't fit your narrative.

That's alright.  Judgment day is not far away and then we'll see about your narrative, won't we?

So what do you want me to know about that season?

123rd in offense. 123rd! I feel like if you put McVay as the OC on that UC team that he'd have that offense being MUCH BETTER.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 09:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. I really do hope that the Bengals win this year. Heck, I'd be happy with 9-7.

But, ZT definitely doesn't seem to squeeze potential out of average talented rosters based on his track record. I really wish the Bengals signed 2-3 upgrades for the roster. But, they didn't.

So health and coaching change is what we have to look forward to. So far health has been bad with Williams likely out for the year and Boling retiring. Plus, Green and Ross injured.

So that leaves coaching as the sole way to improve on 6 wins from last year.

I'm sorry but I don't believe that's even remotely true.  I'm not sure I've ever seen you saying a single positive thing about the entire orgnization or anyone in it.  Talk about a narrative.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 09:40 PM)McC Wrote: Show me exactly where I called you a fool or STFU.

You live in fear that he will prove just how bad your sweetheart actually was at the end.

Right. So ZT will show how bad Marvin was...

Except Lazor gets fired in Miami and ZT takes over and the offense gets WORSE.

And he produces the 123rd ranked offense at U of Cincy...but apparently I don't realize things about the circumstances. ie Why he underperformed and was fired.

ZT has done NOTHING except ride the McVay hype train. Maybe he develops into a good coach? But, I'd say the odds are stacked against him, plus he has to deal with Bengals Management.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 09:40 PM)McC Wrote: Show me exactly where I called you a fool or STFU.

k

(09-03-2019, 11:04 AM)McC Wrote: Miami did.  The Bears did.  The Rams did.  The Packers did.  The Cardinals hired a guy who was a loser in college.  The Browns did.  Every HC was a new HC at one time or another. 

All you have to do is look at how different things are this year.  He got here and immediately renovated all the offices.  He let most of last year's staff go.  Mike Brown paying two coaching staffs?  The hell you say.  He has the largest coaching staff ever for a Bengals team. 

Practices are very different.  Listen to the players.  They know way better than any of us.  Most everything is different. 

Allow me to quote, or, at least, paraphrase Lap on ZT's interview--He blew them away.  BLEW THEM AWAY.  That's why he got the job, because he knew exactly how he wanted to do things and that is exactly how things are being done.  That speaks directly to how much power he has.  Any fool can connect those dots  

(09-03-2019, 12:47 PM)McC Wrote: He didn't just paint the walls.  They tore it all down and redid it.

He gutted the coaching staff, including many still under contract. 

Look, I know how your bizarre Mervin man love works.  But ZT changed pretty much everything.  That is not a shot at Merv, so put your goofy little radar away.

But any fool can see the changes, unless, of course, they refuse to.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 09:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Right. So ZT will show how bad Marvin was...

Except Lazor gets fired in Miami and ZT takes over and the offense gets WORSE.

And he produces the 123rd ranked offense at U of Cincy...but apparently I don't realize things about the circumstances. ie Why he underperformed and was fired.

ZT has done NOTHING except ride the McVay hype train. Maybe he develops into a good coach? But, I'd say the odds are stacked against him, plus he has to deal with Bengals Management.

We're done here.  I get it.  123.  123.  123.  123.  123. 123.  123.  123.  Has it been repeated enough for you yet?  Judgment Day--Sunday,
4:15-ish.

Reply/Quote