Poll: How Much have you been thinking about the Bengals this offseason?
A Lot
Some
Some What Sorta
Basically None
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Time have You thought about the Bengals this Off-Season?
How much have you been thinking about the Bengals this offseason? Also what have you been doing besides thinking about the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
I voted somewhat, and that's only because of my time spent here.

The NBA has been great this year, the Reds are off to a hot start, and I've had some new video games to keep me entertained.

As well as my son's new dirt bike, which I've "borrowed" a few times. Smirk
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I am not sure of the difference between "some" and "somewhat sorta", so I voted some. My thoughts have mainly been when I see something about free agency or the draft on television/print and the time I should be working, but have spent on here.

I find myself getting more and more apathetic about this organization. Mike and Marvin's comments about Pacman, and them keeping him, don't sit well with me. I feel like I might be looking for something to get excited about before moving on.
Reply/Quote
Xavier making the elite 8 kept me occupied
Reply/Quote
Well I have to confess that I haven't actually been logging my Bengals thoughts this off season. Usually I keep meticulous records of these things and put it all in a spread sheet to account for every second of every thought that comes across my mind.. 
For example..today I saw the cat walking across the driveway and that little incident normally would have had at least 9 pages dedicated to it. This year not so much.. I didn't log my thoughts about the activities of the cat.. 
Ok, I lied. I don't keep these anal retention types of records. I'm lucky if I remember where I left the tape measure in my work shop. I do think about the Bengals from time to time but I really don't keep records about it. I voted SOME witch could be anywhere from 2 seconds a day to 9 hours 13 minutes and 47 seconds a day.  It's open to interpretation. 
Final analysis...I spent way too much time just writing this gibberish.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I put a lot. I keep up with most sports but the NFL is my favorite. I frequent so many sites every day to keep up to date on everything around the NFL.

But when I'm not thinking about the Bengals I'm keeping up with the Pacers, the Reds, the Blue Jackets, March Madness, the Masters... everything sports!!
Reply/Quote
Bengals sucked, then got worse in offseason.

Meanwhile Reds had spring training and now are off to a good start at least.
FC Cincinnati isn't off to a good start, but their season started.
UC MBB had a pretty exciting regular season, though a letdown in the tournament.
UC FB is having a pretty exciting offseason with Luke Fickell.

If it weren't for these forums, I think I would have barely thought about the Bengals at all this offseason with the exception of the first couple of days of FA and probably the few days leading up to the draft.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I can't help it, the Bengals are the only team that I really follow. I root for the Reds/Cavaliers/OSU but I don't obsess over them like I do my Bengals!!!

Idk i used to be into MLB a lot back when i was younger but after HS and i stopped playing baseball I just got bored of watching it tbh. Football is way more exciting/entertaining in my opinion.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I voted a lot. Should have a category "More than I should"
Reply/Quote
Last 2 years I didn't post at all. I got a desk job and have a lot of free time to do nothing so I end up posting on here a lot. But job or not if Marvin Lewis is extended im done with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
A lot because a lot has happened to this team and most of things have​ has not been good.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 12:36 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: How much have you been thinking about the Bengals this offseason?  Also what have you been doing besides thinking about the Bengals?

I think I have spent 37 minutes thinking about the Bengals. Is that too much?
Reply/Quote
More than I should have per the mostly bad moves made and trying to decide how much longer to buy seats.

But always have family time with some new members being recently added.

Always love following my Louisville Cardinals as well especially because they are competitive in all sports.

Baseball team is ranked #2 in the nation and is free to attend. Will also be hosting the ACC tournament this year. They charge for tourney though.

Football team sporting a returning Heisman Trophy winner and signed a solid class. Spring practices are going on presently. Missed the open practices but will go to spring game.

Basketball team sputtered some but beat the cats and it is said if Donovan Mitchell does not go pro they will be ranked preseason #1 with really good incoming class. Believe he will go personally but he had a bad last 5 or so games. So who knows.

Soccer team is ranked #6, do not really follow much though.

Women basketball had a subpar year for them yet had injuries and expect them to bounce back with vengeance.

Seen a few really good shows, Blackberry Smoke with Whiskey Myers, The Last Waltz 40th anniversary concert, and the next greatest guitarist, blues rocker 21 year old Marcus King.

Worked a bunch as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
You should have made "Too Much" one of the options.

I have a great family I like spending time with. Otherwise, work, work, work, which means thinking and writing and teaching about the psychopathatic bags of filth who are pushing us into extinction via global warming and by driving us into a nuclear confrontation with Russia and China. The Bengals are a nice break.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
They are my escape, and they are my #1 sports team hands-down. The Reds, who I also love, are a distant second. I really, really love how this team is put together with just a few exceptions and I am very excited for what this draft can mean in the future.

I look forward to my morning coffee over the message board, and any time I just want a little Bengal fix...

The NFL draft is one of my favorite weekends of the entire year. With 11 picks and a top 10 pick for the first time in what seems like forever, it is incredibly exciting.
Reply/Quote
Some, and like others have said if it weren't for this website it would be much less.

I've lost a lot of the passion I had a few seasons ago for the Bengals. Mike and Marvin's running of the team kill it a little more every game. If this season goes as I'm expecting I doubt I'll be watching much pro football this season.

Hell I'm not even sure I'll be watching at all !
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 12:36 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: How much have you been thinking about the Bengals this offseason?  Also what have you been doing besides thinking about the Bengals?

For me, it's a lot every offseason because I love the period leading up to the draft. I really enjoy researching different prospects rated across all rounds, and I typically start even as early as September and go up to the draft.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 12:38 AM)Go Cards Wrote: More than I should have per the mostly bad moves made and trying to decide how much longer to buy seats.

But always have family time with some new members being added.

Always love following my Louisville Cardinals as well especially because they are competitive in all sports.

Baseball team is ranked #2 in the nation and is free to attend. Will also be hosting the ACC tournament this year. They charge for tourney though.

Football team sporting a returning  Heisman Trophy winner and signed a solid class. Spring practices are going on presently. Missed the open practices but will go to spring game.  

Basketball team sputtered some but beat the cats and it is said if Donovan Mitchell does not go pro they will be ranked preseason #1 with really good incoming class. Believe he will go personally but he had a bad last 5 or so games. So who knows.

Soccer team is ranked #6, do not really follow much though.

Women basketball had a subpar year for them yet had injuries and expect them to bounce back with vengeance.

Seen a few really good shows, Blackberry Smoke with Whiskey Myers, The Last Waltz 40th anniversary concert, and the next greatest guitarist, blues rocker 21 year old Marcus King.  

Worked a bunch as well.

Love some Blackberry Smoke Rock On
Reply/Quote
I think about the Bengals a lot. I like the Bengals. Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 12:05 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Love some Blackberry Smoke Rock On

Me too and buying tickets next Friday to an outdoor show here in Louisville at Iroquis Amphitheater  featuring Blackberry Smoke and Gov't Mule. 

It is going to be epic I already know. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote