Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How Much Will You Lose?
When Republicans crash the economy.

In recent years we have weathered supply chain issues. Fossil fuel price gouging. A pandemic. Probably the biggest fraud in history the PPP Covid money trump handed out. Skyrocketing interest rates. High inflation. And a banking crisis.

Economy is still chugging along. To the republicans dismay.

Next up. The US hitting a debt ceiling and defaulting. Because you haven’t gone through enough in recent years the Republican leadership thinks it’s a good time to see what happens when the USA can’t pay its bills.

Will you lose your job? Life savings? Maybe even worse?
Reply/Quote
A third of the country will still blame the Democrats even though it's the Republican lead house crashing the economy.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 10:16 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: When Republicans crash the economy.

In recent years we have weathered supply chain issues. Fossil fuel price gouging. A pandemic. Probably the biggest fraud in history the PPP Covid money trump handed out. Skyrocketing interest rates. High inflation. And a banking crisis.

Economy is still chugging along. To the republicans dismay.

Next up. The US hitting a debt ceiling and defaulting. Because you haven’t gone through enough in recent years the Republican leadership thinks it’s a good time to see what happens when the USA can’t pay its bills.

Will you lose your job? Life savings? Maybe even worse?

I always told my employees to destroy excuses. Our economy was great under Trump. It is great here in Florida under a Republican governor who chose to reopen the state while Biden and Democrats wanted to shut it down. Everything bolded is an excuse. Trump had our country energy independent, now Biden policies have us buying dirtier oil products from foreign countries and dipping into oil reserves. It amazes me how bad democrats manage money.

Democratic states and cities tax their residents to death and then waste the money on BS initiatives. There is a reason there is a massive exit from NY, California, NJ and other Democratic states, it is called bad tax policy, soft on crime and fear of being killed walking down the street. Please explain to us all why regardless of the party in power, these states continue to lose tax payers.

As far as the debt ceiling, GOP has a proposal. It is Biden who fails to negotiate and has no plan. I hope we default, if so it is on Joe Biden and Democrats.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 12:21 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I always told my employees to destroy excuses. Our economy was great under Trump. It is great here in Florida under a Republican governor who chose to reopen the state while Biden and Democrats wanted to shut it down. Everything bolded is an excuse. Trump had our country energy independent, now Biden policies have us buying dirtier oil products from foreign countries and dipping into oil reserves. It amazes me how bad democrats manage money.

Democratic states and cities tax their residents to death and then waste the money on BS initiatives. There is a reason there is a massive exit from NY, California, NJ and other Democratic states, it is called bad tax policy, soft on crime and fear of being killed walking down the street. Please explain to us all why regardless of the party in power, these states continue to lose tax payers.

As far as the debt ceiling, GOP has a proposal. It is Biden who fails to negotiate and has no plan. I hope we default, if so it is on Joe Biden and Democrats.

McCarthy and the republicans voted three times during trumps tenure to raise the debt ceiling.

What’s changed?

Ok here is my proposal to cut off 2 of the fingers on your right hand. If you don’t accept we cut off the whole hand. And if you don’t accept even though it’s our proposal, the outcome is your fault. Makes sense if your living in the twilight zone.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 12:21 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I always told my employees to destroy excuses. Our economy was great under Trump. It is great here in Florida under a Republican governor who chose to reopen the state while Biden and Democrats wanted to shut it down. Everything bolded is an excuse. Trump had our country energy independent, now Biden policies have us buying dirtier oil products from foreign countries and dipping into oil reserves. It amazes me how bad democrats manage money.

You're calling democrats bad money managers and then in the same post suggesting we destroy the full faith and credit of our country to make them look bad. Either you don't understand how big of a deal it will be to not fulfill our financial obligations or you're a republican first and an American second. Which is it?
Reply/Quote

I always love (yeah right) seeing how every a Trump supporter totally ignores 2020 when assessing his Presidency.but let’s address a few points starting with the negative GDP growth in the pre pandemic 4th QTR of 2019.

1) unemployment went as high as 13% ending the year at over 6%.
2) he failed to LEAD as a virulent deadly pandemic took hold
3) supermarket shelves were empty.
4) the supply chain grew to a halt
5) oil companies stopped producing BECAUSE THERE WAS NO DEMAND. Gas prices plumented with the lack of demand
6) continually undermined the American electoral system with his BASELESS lies simply because HE LOST
7) Sat back while his supporters attempted to ransack the Capitol and threatened to murder his political opponents and his own Vice President

And I shall remind you yet again. The US has never ever been energy independent. What we are and have been since the Obama (not Trump) administration is a net exporter of energy. Which means we send out more than we bring in. That has not changed under Biden

There are many reasons for the current inflation most of which stem from world wide decisions made in 2020. Oil producers were slow to ramp up the demand from the earlier shut. Add the Russian invasion into major energy producer Ukraine and there remains a strain on the energy sector. Energy producers continue to supply low in order to keep making record profit. The drive for these record profits has had a trickle down effect on any sector that utilizes shipping.
The massive supply chain backlog is easing as Asia emerges from their years long COVID issues. The Infrastructure and CHIPS Acts will help prevent some future issues by improving and making more efficient ports, freight transport systems, and bringing essential manufacturing back on shore.
The problems with regional banks stem directly from relaxing of regulations by the Trump administration. Regulations put into place after the last bank meltdown to help prevent exactly what is happening now.

Republicans have voted multiple times in clean bills to raise the debt ceiling under the previous administration. Now they are simply playing politics with no concern about what will happen to not only the US economy but the worldwide economy. All in an attempt to destroy Joe Biden’s presidency. And you won’t be safe down there in the People’s Republic of Florida. Your dictator with his rubber stamping legislature is so busy fighting the culture wars to fuel his presidential hopes that he has paid no attention to the consequences of his choices.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

To the bolded, no, the U.S. was not energy independent under Trump. The U.S. hasn't been energy independent in nearly 70 years. You're thinking of the incorrect claim that Trump made around this during his presidency. The U.S. was producing more oil than we consumed. However, there are different types of oil and they are all used for various things, some non-energy related. The U.S. did not produce enough oil to satisfy our energy demands, and we continued importing foreign oil to do so. 

Finally, to the second bolded sentence, that is a really disappointing thing to see an American say. Defaulting would have absolutely catastrophic consequences for millions and millions of Americans. Likely you as well. Wanting to go through that because you want the political opposition to fail should be a non-American view as it actively weakens the U.S. 
Reply/Quote
Hoping his own country defaults sounds a lot America first !

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
So Dems, per the last election, don't have a majority, or enough votes, and might have to negotiate. This is NOT FAIR...lol.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 11:10 AM)Goalpost Wrote: So Dems, per the last election, don't have a majority, or enough votes,  and might have to negotiate.  This is NOT FAIR...lol.

The problem with this logic is it can be turned right back around: Republicans didn't win enough seats to push their legislative agenda through so they're going to hold to economy hostage to make it happen instead.
Reply/Quote

I believe the shutdowns were under trump if I'm not mistaken. Also we had been on a steady trend toward energy independence since the early 2000s and we only hit energy independence during those shutdowns of 2020 when our oil usage dropped. But we were also still energy independent for 2021 as a whole. 

I do have a question though. Republicans or at least the ones I know want to say that the main stream media is biased. But then they go and only take in media that is clearly biased. Do you ever stop and second guess the news that your getting because it fits so neatly into the Democrats are terrible box. I'm just curious. I've watched some of MSNBC and even though I didn't necessarily disagree with what they were saying I still thought they were going beyond the story and adding they're own opinions. So I stopped watching. I'm going to have my own natural bias but I don't want someone giving me a skewed opinionated side of the news. I just want the facts and I'll decided for myself how I feel. You may say that you don't watch biased news but again all the Republicans I know say the exact same issues with the exact same points of view. Almost like they're is one media presence that is brain washing the conservative side of the country.
Reply/Quote
Well I guess if you are active duty military you may just lose a paycheck for an unknown amount of time..

That should do wonders for troop morale. Hell, and the struggling recruitment battle.

Notice how the GOP is the one driving the bus straight off the cliff. Bunch of party over country fake patriots.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2023, 08:31 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Well I guess if you are active duty military you may just lose a paycheck for an unknown amount of time..

That should do wonders for troop morale. Hell, and the struggling recruitment battle.

Notice how the GOP is the one driving the bus straight off the cliff. Bunch of party over country fake patriots.

https://apnews.com/article/debt-ceiling-deficit-biden-taxes-mccarthy-poll-5411d1772c8e1c26acc187850999cb8e

Here is the latest poll.  63 percent want the debt ceiling raised along with reductions to the deficit.  Both...

The majority of people just aren't on the Democratic side on this one.
Reply/Quote
I've known Republican lies were bullshit from the time I was a kid when I heard them make the claim that the very rich simply work harder than everyone else. That's right folks. if you're not a billionaire you only need to start working about 500,000,000 times harder than you currently do. I'll never become a billionaire because if I work even twice as hard as I currently do it's gonna kill me from slamming into walls and the floor so fast.. 500,000,000 times? Well, let's just say I'll have invented human invisibility.  It's literally impossible to work that much harder to earn a billion dollars. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2023, 09:20 PM)Goalpost Wrote: https://apnews.com/article/debt-ceiling-deficit-biden-taxes-mccarthy-poll-5411d1772c8e1c26acc187850999cb8e

Here is the latest poll.  63 percent want the debt ceiling raised along with reductions to the deficit.  Both...

The majority of people just aren't on the Democratic side on this one.

There is definitely a need for deficit reduction and a time and place for that debate. Driving the country off a fiscal cliff and creating a catastrophe isn't the right way to do it. For example a good time for that discussion would be before handing out permanent tax cuts for the wealthy and big business when the money is already appropriated and having no plan to fill the void.

I saw all I needed to see out of this congress when I saw HR1 from the 118th congress. Written by oil lobbyist probably.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/1?s=9&r=3554

And now even though they only control congress republicans are holding the country hostage to get their way. It's little punk ass kid type dbaggery.
Reply/Quote