Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How PFF Sees our Current Roster
Reply/Quote
PFF's analytics have really gone downhill this year. Can't play 12 guys on defense.
Reply/Quote
I assume Mixon's agent works for PFF
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 12:49 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: PFF's analytics have really gone downhill this year. Can't play 12 guys on defense.

when did we switch to a base 3-4
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 04:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I assume Mixon's agent works for PFF

Mixon looked really good catching all those swing passes... everything else meh.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 04:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Mixon looked really good catching all those swing passes... everything else meh.

Supposedly that's where his grade came from, that and the Bengals just not even bothering to pretend he could pass block anymore, so less opportunities to put bad grades up = higher grades?

I do wonder, though. Won't basically any RB with semi-competent hands look good catching swing passes from Burrow? Perine set back-to-back career highs in receiving yards with Burrow, same as Mixon.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think the pff grades are fairly accurate.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 08:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the pff grades are fairly accurate.

accurate as a blind man spun around three times trying to hit the Bullseye on a dart board.....sure
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 12:49 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: PFF's analytics have really gone downhill this year. Can't play 12 guys on defense.

PFF does this for pretty much every team.
Sometimes Reader is swapped out and another DL comes in his place, so they added Carter on there to show who they think the sub will be in 3rd down situations. Or sometimes they'll run 5 DL and 2 LB with just 4 DBs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 04:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: when did we switch to a base 3-4

It's obvious here that we have switched to a 3-5-2-2............

Reply/Quote
Browns our best OL …
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2023, 04:46 AM)SladeX Wrote: Browns our best OL …

True because the run blocking is being factored in.
Karras and Cappa both had 70+ grades on pass blocking, right behind Brown's 76.8.
For run blocking, the only two guys who had grades above 60 with the Bengals last year in this chart are Cappa (62.3) and Collins (73.5).

I'm fully expecting Brown's PFF overall grade to drop some now that he's in the Bengals scheme because the Bengals as a whole are just not good running the ball.
Hopefully though the performance of the OL as a whole goes up, especially in pass blocking.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2023, 04:46 AM)SladeX Wrote: Browns our best OL …

Was his best years on the Left or Right?
Reply/Quote
Why is Collins plugged in at RT? He won't be healthy enough to start the year. Is PFF assuming Williams is traded? Because of thats the case, then theres a hole at RT to start the year...

Also, DL depth is still needed. We need another body inside.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2023, 11:00 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why is Collins plugged in at RT? He won't be healthy enough to start the year. Is PFF assuming Williams is traded? Because of thats the case, then theres a hole at RT to start the year...

Also, DL depth is still needed. We need another body inside.

They may very well add another DL in the draft, but I don't think it changes what's in this picture.

Either the draft pick will back up Reader, in which case he wouldn't be in this picture, or it'd be a 3T, but there's no guarantee he'd bump out Carter this year.
People are too quick to want to push out a rookie after just 1 year of play.

I also think we could see more of Hubbard/Sample inside on passing downs with Ossai playing the edge.
In his first year of play, he put up 3.5 sacks, which is decent. That's about to be expected of any rotational player, especially a young one coming off a year-long injury.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 05:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Supposedly that's where his grade came from, that and the Bengals just not even bothering to pretend he could pass block anymore, so less opportunities to put bad grades up = higher grades?

I do wonder, though. Won't basically any RB with semi-competent hands look good catching swing passes from Burrow? Perine set back-to-back career highs in receiving yards with Burrow, same as Mixon.

Yes. And honestly if that positions main role is gonna be catching those passes i see no reason not to just get a guy that does just that. Why do we care if he’s a between the tackle runner if we know his main thing will be catching checkdowns. I’d rather just target a guy known for taking checkdowns to the house .
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2023, 12:02 PM)Housh Wrote: Yes. And honestly if that positions main role is gonna be catching those passes i see no reason not to just get a guy that does just that. Why do we care if he’s a between the tackle runner if we know his main thing will be catching checkdowns. I’d rather just target a guy known for taking checkdowns to the house .

I would imagine so it's not as telegraphed when the dude is in the game, and/or only being used in certain situations.
I don't mind a RBBC if the guys are pretty interchangeable. What I'm not as much of a fan of is each guy having a specific role that only he is really equipped to do.

If the Bengals are really looking for a Perine replacement as RB2, I like Hunter Luepke from NDSU. He's big (236 lb), can pound the rock, can catch, and block. He's faster than Perine too.
Problem with taking a smaller guy is can they block well enough. Gio found a way to do it, but most just get bullied.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Think Hubbard is underrated and Mixon is overrated in this chart imho

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2023, 01:03 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Think Hubbard is underrated and Mixon is overrated in this chart imho

I think that a lot of folks are getting worked up over a chart put together for entertainment purposes by an organization that earns money by selling stats and memberships to get access to subjective opinions.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2023, 10:44 AM)ochocincos Wrote: True because the run blocking is being factored in.
Karras and Cappa both had 70+ grades on pass blocking, right behind Brown's 76.8.
For run blocking, the only two guys who had grades above 60 with the Bengals last year in this chart are Cappa (62.3) and Collins (73.5).

I'm fully expecting Brown's PFF overall grade to drop some now that he's in the Bengals scheme because the Bengals as a whole are just not good running the ball.
Hopefully though the performance of the OL as a whole goes up, especially in pass blocking.

In theory, that shouldn't effect him. How he grades is just a reflection of how he does, irrespective of what others do around him. Intersting note; KC has been heavy zone the last 2 years and he was good but his best year was 2020 where the Ravens are uber heavy Gap. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote