Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How SHOULD Chase be used in the offense?
If all else fails, you can use him as a decoy as some suggested when Ross was here. lol
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 09:09 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: If all else fails, you can use him as a decoy as some suggested when Ross was here. lol

I know that you're not implying it, but those who are comparing Ja'Marr Chase to John Ross are gonna sound pretty foolish. Admittedly he's looked awful in his limited preseason, but this guy is the real deal. That opt out is blowing up in his face, but I firmly believe he will right the ship. John Ross was a reach, and not half the prospect that Chase is.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 09:14 PM)jason Wrote: I know that you're not implying it, but those who are comparing Ja'Marr Chase to John Ross are gonna sound pretty foolish. Admittedly he's looked awful in his limited preseason, but this guy is the real deal. That opt out is blowing up in his face, but I firmly believe he will right the ship. John Ross was a reach, and not half the prospect that Chase is.

I agree with you. Things look much better for Chase and I also think he'll show it once the season gets going.
Reply/Quote
Chase is fine. Let him get in the flow of the game. He should've played more in pre season though. I don't like how Zack handled that at all...
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 02:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Deep outs, fades, post routes. Then throw in a Slant and a WR screen once in awhile. Vanilla preseason just to get his feet wet and 
feel what its like to about to get his was all this Preseason was for him. Been awhile since he heard footsteps, he will get it down.

What is so nice about Chase is you can use him in so many ways, Sluggos, Seam routes and contrary to what some believe he is a 
very good Slant runner, he just needs to get the stuff out of his head. It will come, immense talent is Ja'Marr Chase.

Need to bump as the idgits just ignore me....
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2021, 09:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Need to bump as the idgits just ignore me....

I think Chase will have to let the game come to.him
He needs to have a short memory
Execute the play call onto.the next play.repeat.
He needs to understand the passing windows 
Close faster at the NFL level. 
He is so worried about getting lit.up he is forgetting
To secure the ball
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2021, 09:55 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I think Chase will have to let the game come to.him
To secure the ball

You know it. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2021, 09:55 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I think Chase will have to let the game come to.him
To secure the ball

Ok...for some reason i read this in the voice of Maya Angelou.  Nervous

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
In the long run I think Chase will be pretty average in the dropped passes category. The only question is whether he will rise to the NFL level and run the route tree consistently. If so, he'll have some good games. If he doesn't catch over the middle he'll be defended as such and will be far less effective.

How should we use him? He just needs to do his job on each play.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2021, 09:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Need to bump as the idgits just ignore me....

I saw this cool play where Boyd and Chase both did this out and in move into a double cross. I want to see some of that in a game. Confuse the defense by having Boyd as the technician and chase using his raw ability to make a defender freeze.
Reply/Quote
As a Wide Receiver

I haven’t read the post.. I’m only answering the title question ?‍♂️
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 12:23 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I saw this cool play where Boyd and Chase both did this out and in move into a double cross. I want to see some of that in a game. Confuse the defense by having Boyd as the technician and chase using his raw ability to make a defender freeze.

Yeah, that is a good way to use both those guys. Boyd will be getting the most attention early this year I am sure. Use it.
Reply/Quote
I hope they use him as a wide receiver.

Unless he's show a high potential at an offensive line position.

My assumption is he hasn't so I'm still hoping wide receiver
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 08:11 PM)motoarch Wrote: I hope they use him as a wide receiver.

Unless he's show a high potential at an offensive line position.

My assumption is he hasn't so I'm still hoping wide receiver

This made me laugh.

But really, those complaining about him not getting enough reps in preseason would also be torching zac for keeping him in if he got lit up and injured. With a player like chase, you absolutely know what you have. And because of that you just want to get to the season with him healthy. He’s a gamer and a study/film freak. I also wanted to see more of him in preseason game three, so I do understand that. But I also understand exactly why we didn’t.
Reply/Quote
I think we should use him as a running back.... I'll let myself out
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 09:20 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: This made me laugh.

But really, those complaining about him not getting enough reps in preseason would also be torching zac for keeping him in if he got lit up and injured. With a player like chase, you absolutely know what you have. And because of that you just want to get to the season with him healthy. He’s a gamer and a study/film freak. I also wanted to see more of him in preseason game three, so I do understand that. But I also understand exactly why we didn’t.

He's gotta make a catch to get lit up... I like Ja'Marr, bit I couldn't resist.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Jamarr should be used as trade bait, but if anyone was interested he probably wouldn't catch wind.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 09:35 PM)Tony Wrote: Chase is fine. Let him get in the flow of the game. He should've played more in pre season though. I don't like how Zack handled that at all...

Not the biggest fan of how Chase handled it
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
He'll be used as a deep threat/jump ball receiver.

I also envision him as an elite YAC guy, so quick slants, WR screens, end arounds and curls should also be his bread and butter.

I hope they get him going early and often with high percentage passes so he can show off his tackle breaking ability, and then when the CBs get used to him cutting routes short, he stacks them for a touchdown.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 09:20 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: This made me laugh.

But really, those complaining about him not getting enough reps in preseason would also be torching zac for keeping him in if he got lit up and injured. With a player like chase, you absolutely know what you have. And because of that you just want to get to the season with him healthy. He’s a gamer and a study/film freak.  I also wanted to see more of him in preseason game three, so I do understand that. But I also understand exactly why we didn’t.
I don't know if you know all you need to know from any rookie. If Chase is struggling mentally with the speed of the game then he could've used some playing time. 
Reply/Quote