Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Scared of Terrorism Should You Be?
(11-22-2015, 12:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What makes you think she is?

Typical "answer". 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-22-2015, 12:13 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Fair enough.   Forefathers also didn't have gov benefits to pay for either.   Nor an income tax to raise to pay for them.  

I am ok opening borders if we go back to no gov benefits and no income tax again.  

I advocate a restricted border so we can balance out the current illegals here .

I'm all for stricter borders myself. Gov benefits should be tightly monitored also everyone goes to the illegals are taking our jobs that wouldn't be true, if people where willing to work. It's to easy for people to survive on government hand outs so they the mentality why work when state will provide it. Purely my outlook on it
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
(11-22-2015, 12:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Typical "answer". 

It worked, didn't it?
(11-22-2015, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It worked, didn't it?

I suppose it depends on what one considers "worked"

If the intent was to reply with information to a question posed: then it did not work.

If the intention was to avoid substantiating a claim made when called on it: then it worked.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-22-2015, 10:57 AM)GMDino Wrote: Where were the 9/11 terrorists from?

Relevence to my point about the moronic premise?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-22-2015, 02:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Relevence to my point about the moronic premise?

Where were they from? How did they get here?

If the argument you want to make is "It happened once!  It can happen again!  We can't ignore it!" therefore we can't allow any refugees in than I want to know how those terrorists got int he country.

Clearly we have stepped up the methods we use to stop terrorists in this country which is why the phrase "since 9/11" is used.  

Also, just as clearly, even with 9/11 your odds are still extraordinarily low for being the victim of a terrorist attack.

Which goes with what I have said over and over:  You are being sold fear.  Not reality.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-22-2015, 01:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose it depends on what one considers "worked"

If the intent was to reply with information to a question posed: then it did not work.

If the intention was to avoid substantiating a claim made when called on it: then it worked.  

It proved the point that I was making.  Lucie had no response to my claim other than to ask a question.

So, yeah, it worked.
(11-22-2015, 08:29 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: C'mon.... the woman has to be a Saint to have the sympathy and mercy to marry Lucie,  right ?

Wink

She has a special kind of patience and understanding haha
(11-22-2015, 02:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: Where were they from? How did they get here?

If the argument you want to make is "It happened once!  It can happen again!  We can't ignore it!" therefore we can't allow any refugees in than I want to know how those terrorists got int he country.

Clearly we have stepped up the methods we use to stop terrorists in this country which is why the phrase "since 9/11" is used.  

Also, just as clearly, even with 9/11 your odds are still extraordinarily low for being the victim of a terrorist attack.

Which goes with what I have said over and over:  You are being sold fear.  Not reality.

Quit the fear thing.  Global climate warming change anyone?  I don't have to be the one personally in danger for me to not want people to get killed.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-23-2015, 10:14 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Quit the fear thing.  Global climate warming change anyone?  I don't have to be the one personally in danger for me to not want people to get killed.  

And yet there is a better chance of global warming than a terrorist refugee.  You can cite actual scientific studies about the warming of the planet.  And yet even with that its not 100% guaranteed because of all the variables we may not even understand yet.  Which is why studies continue.  But people just accept that because the refugees are Muslim there will be terrorists sneaking in to kill us. 

Global warming / Climate change is just that: Global.

They are are talking about protecting everyone...and the planet we share.  The equivalent of going to war with ISIS to try and stop them from spreading.

The fear that one or ten terrorists are just waiting to come to America and kill us all is irrational fear.
(11-23-2015, 10:30 AM)GMDino Wrote: And yet there is a better chance of global warming than a terrorist refugee.  You can cite actual scientific studies about the warming of the planet.  And yet even with that its not 100% guaranteed because of all the variables we may not even understand yet.  Which is why studies continue.  But people just accept that because the refugees are Muslim there will be terrorists sneaking in to kill us. 

They are are talking about protecting everyone...and the planet we share.  The equivalent of going to war with ISIS to try and stop them from spreading.

The fear that one or ten terrorists are just waiting to come to America and kill us all is irrational fear.

Deaths due to terrorism vs deaths due to global warming?  Why is it irrational to think terrorists would come in as refugees?

(11-23-2015, 10:51 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Deaths due to terrorism vs deaths due to global warming?  Why is it irrational to think terrorists would come in as refugees?

The deaths due to climate change will be much greater than the deaths by terrorism.

It is irrational because even if one gets through your chances of being affected, or anyone being affected, is virtually nil compared to every other way you can die in America.  And because of that fear we are refusing to help the refugees. And that just means the terrorists win.
(11-23-2015, 11:12 AM)GMDino Wrote: The deaths due to climate change will be much greater than the deaths by terrorism.

It is irrational because even if one gets through your chances of being affected, or anyone being affected, is virtually nil compared to every other way you can die in America.  And because of that fear we are refusing to help the refugees. And that just means the terrorists win.

Will be much greater.  Two 100 story building collapse, a giant hole in the Pentagon, a plane lying in a field, thousands of people die.  Irrational.

Scientists guessing what will happen based on computers guessing what will happen.  Totally real.

(11-23-2015, 12:57 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Will be much greater.  Two 100 story building collapse, a giant hole in the Pentagon, a plane lying in a field, thousands of people die.  Irrational.

Scientists guessing what will happen based on computers guessing what will happen.  Totally real.

I said there is more proof...and that it could change because they keep looking and researching.

There is zero doubt of global warming.  Zero.  Does that mean we are doomed?  Not necessarily.  Does that mean we can just ignore it and hope it goes away?  No.

You are still afraid because of one attack 14 years ago.  That is the terrorists winning.

Were you this afraid after the Oklahoma City Bombing?  Do you still want white men to not be able to buy fertilizer? 

Global vs localized.

War vs fear.

America used to stand up and say "come and get it"...now we say we better keep all foreigners out so we can be "safe" while you have a better chance of drowing in your own tub than being a victim of a terrorist.

That is selling fear.  For votes and your rights.

I am not afraid of climate change or terrorism.  I am aware of both and what we can do to prepare and / or change the chances of either one occurring close to home.
(11-23-2015, 01:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: I said there is more proof...and that it could change because they keep looking and researching.

There is zero doubt of global warming.  Zero.  Does that mean we are doomed?  Not necessarily.  Does that mean we can just ignore it and hope it goes away?  No.

You are still afraid because of one attack 14 years ago.  That is the terrorists winning.

Were you this afraid after the Oklahoma City Bombing?  Do you still want white men to not be able to buy fertilizer? 

Global vs localized.

War vs fear.

America used to stand up and say "come and get it"...now we say we better keep all foreigners out so we can be "safe" while you have a better chance of drowing in your own tub than being a victim of a terrorist.

That is selling fear.  For votes and your rights.

I am not afraid of climate change or terrorism.  I am aware of both and what we can do to prepare and / or change the chances of either one occurring close to home.

And yet on another thread you are complaining about these non-existent terrorists that we shouldn't be concerned about being able to buy weapons.  I still don't follow why one is fear and one is precaution.

And you can't buy large amounts of fertilizer without it being reported.  

(11-23-2015, 01:58 PM)michaelsean Wrote: And yet on another thread you are complaining about these non-existent terrorists that we shouldn't be concerned about being able to buy weapons.  I still don't follow why one is fear and one is precaution.

And you can't buy large amounts of fertilizer without it being reported.  

The other thread is about people on the terror-watch list.  This is about people who will be vetted and assuming they do not end up on that list they should be allowed in.

As to the fertilizer...are you afraid of that?
(11-22-2015, 12:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry, but this means we are going to have to kick out your wife.

She is not close to the best of the best in anything.

Poor taste.
(11-23-2015, 02:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: The other thread is about people on the terror-watch list.  This is about people who will be vetted and assuming they do not end up on that list they should be allowed in.

As to the fertilizer...are you afraid of that?

I'm not sure what you are asking about the fertilizer.  You asked if people should be restricted from buying fertilizer and I answered that they already are.

(11-23-2015, 10:30 AM)GMDino Wrote: And yet there is a better chance of global warming than a terrorist refugee.  You can cite actual scientific studies about the warming of the planet.  And yet even with that its not 100% guaranteed because of all the variables we may not even understand yet.  Which is why studies continue.  But people just accept that because the refugees are Muslim there will be terrorists sneaking in to kill us. 

People don't understand the "Vetting" Process, and it's kinda hard to trust our Government to get something right these days.
In a worst case scenario with global warming, yea, it would mean many more people dying.

But, are we even close to that?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]