Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Scared of Terrorism Should You Be?
(11-19-2015, 04:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: It makes a difference because he keeps changing his mind on how many, who and if the "sacre" him or not.

Before I offer my opinion, could you come up with some more recent, relevant statistics about American victims of terrorism?  That 5 year old article just seems a bit dated, considering all of the events that have transpired since then. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(11-19-2015, 04:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Before I offer my opinion, could you come up with some more recent, relevant statistics about American victims of terrorism?  That 5 year old article just seems a bit dated, considering all of the events that have transpired since then. 

https://reason.com/archives/2015/07/02/dont-be-terrorized-by-your-government-th

Quote:The current spate of terrorism warnings certainly sounds scary in light of the recent terror attacks in Kuwait, Tunisia, and France. Islamic radicals linked with ISIS and Al Qaeda no doubt hope to carry out or inspire attacks in the United States. I was as horrified any other American by the September 11, 2001, atrocities. But we all need to keep in mind that terror only works if you let it.

The plain fact is that terrorism does not remotely threaten the existence of the United States. Even more importantly, it does not materially threaten you or your family. According to the Global Terrorism Database at the University of Maryland, only 68 Americans have died in terror attacks since 9/11, and that includes the 13 who died in the Fort Hood rampage by military psychiatrist Nidal Malik Hasan.
That's an average of just under 5 people per year. An additional 260 Americans were injured, including 132 in the Boston Marathon bombing, yielding an average of about 19 people wounded annually. So since 2001, your annual chances of dying or being injured in a terrorist attack have been 1 in 62 million and 1 in 16 million, respectively. For some context, note that an average of 335 people drown in their bathtubs annually, a rate of just over 1 in 900,000. Americans are 69 times more likely to die taking a bath than from terrorism.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-19-2015, 04:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Before I offer my opinion, could you come up with some more recent, relevant statistics about American victims of terrorism?  That 5 year old article just seems a bit dated, considering all of the events that have transpired since then. 

That article actually leaves out a few as well, like the Beltway Sniper. Evidence showed jihadist support there. 10 died in those attacks.

33 have been killed in what could be broadly defined as terrorist attacks in this country since the list in the article, not including the suspects/perpetrators.
(11-19-2015, 04:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: So you are back to letting NO ONE in?  You said 2%.  Which is it now?

Where did I say 0? The Rest of the world can roll at 2% of foreign born citizens from that country.

Except for Central America and they Middle East.  Which makes sense considering the unrest in the ME and the fact we are already currently overran by the Central Americans.
(11-19-2015, 06:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Where did I say 0?  The Rest of the world can roll at 2% of foreign born citizens from that country.  

Except for Central America and they Middle East.  Which makes sense considering the unrest in the ME and the fact we are already currently overran by the Central Americans.

Post #8, but I'm assuming that would be your ideal and in the spirit of working together, your willing to go to 2% ?
(11-19-2015, 07:54 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Post #8, but I'm assuming that would be your ideal and in the spirit of working together, your willing to go to 2% ?

He doesn't even pay attention to what he posts because he doesn't know which time he trying to troll.
Here ya go Lucy!

I throw ya bone...you can support this guy for President now.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/carson-likens-worry-about-syrian-refugees-fear-mad-dogs-n466466

Quote:Carson Likens Worry About Syrian Refugees to Fear of 'Mad Dogs'
by CARRIE DANN

Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson on Thursday suggested that concerns about Syrian refugees in the United States are akin to a parent's concerns about "mad dogs."

"If there's a rabid dog running around in your neighborhood, you're probably not going to assume something good about that dog, and you're probably going to put your children out of the way," he said during remarks in Mobile, Alabama. "[It] doesn't mean that you hate all dogs, by any stretch of the imagination, but you're putting your intellect into motion and you're thinking 'How do I protect my children? At the same time, I love dogs and I'm gonna call the humane society and hopefully they can come take this dog away and create a safe environment once again.'"

"We have to have in place screening mechanisms that allow us to determine who the mad dogs are, quite frankly," he added. "Who are the people that want to come in here and hurt us and want to destroy us? Until we know how to do that, just like it would be foolish to put your child out in the neighborhood knowing that that was going on."

Facebook Twitter Google Plus Embed
Ben Carson Mentions 'Rabid Dog' While Addressing Refugee Topic 1:24
Several 2016 presidential candidates and a host of governors nationwide have called for a halt to a program allowing migrants from the war-torn nation into the U.S. amid worries that terrorists could enter the country as refugees.

Carson also said Thursday that ISIS poses a "much greater" threat to the United States than al Qaeda did before 2001 because the September 11 attacks "really didn't require a great deal of sophistication."

"You had to be able to fly some planes and get a couple of people in here. That's going to be a lot more difficult now," he said.
(11-19-2015, 07:54 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Post #8, but I'm assuming that would be your ideal and in the spirit of working together, your willing to go to 2% ?

(11-19-2015, 10:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: He doesn't even pay attention to what he posts because he doesn't know which time he trying to troll.

No #8 was accurate .

Zero refugees.....   2% per country for legal immigration.  

The 2% was me going into detail on why I think we need to say no to refugees and limit immigrants.    Dino was attempting to act like I had no compassion.  But accepting people just doesn't make sense from an economic standpoint.     Which my 2% immigrant limits would help us get this unemployment down without having to rig the numbers.
(11-19-2015, 10:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Here ya go Lucy!

I throw ya bone...you can support this guy for President now.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/carson-likens-worry-about-syrian-refugees-fear-mad-dogs-n466466
No thanks this is more what I want

(11-19-2015, 11:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No #8 was accurate .

Zero refugees.....   2% per country for legal immigration.  

The 2% was me going into detail on why I think we need to say no to refugees and limit immigrants.    Dino was attempting to act like I had no compassion.  But accepting people just doesn't make sense from an economic standpoint.     Which my 2% immigrant limits would help us get this unemployment down without having to rig the numbers.

You have as much compassion as Kojak had hair.

Rock On
(11-19-2015, 11:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: You have as much compassion as Kojak had hair.

Rock On

Lol sorry if the blunt truth isn't always cozy. But it's still the truth.
(11-19-2015, 11:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol sorry if the blunt truth isn't always cozy.   But it's still the truth.

Yeah...the only truth is you don't understand what "compassion" mean.

Oh and you ignore when you are caught in a lie.

And then there's that entire part where you just ignore facts.

"Truth".  Indeed.

Rock On
(11-19-2015, 11:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yeah...the only truth is you don't understand what "compassion" mean.

Oh and you ignore when you are caught in a lie.

And then there's that entire part where you just ignore facts.

"Truth".  Indeed.

Rock On

Then show me what compassion is and take in some refugees to casa de Dino.

Couple of these gems should fit in nicely

Not scared for my own safety, but am worried for the Americans and Europeans that could be murdered or lamed if ISIS continues with massacres like last week. Their end game is death, and that is pretty scary as they believe they will get whatever fantasies they have in their heads.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-20-2015, 12:17 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Not scared for my own safety, but am worried for the Americans and Europeans that could be murdered or lamed if ISIS continues with massacres like last week. Their end game is death, and that is pretty scary as they believe they will get whatever fantasies they have in their heads.

You can never, NEVER stop all killing or terrorism.

But what is being sold IS fear.  Fear of something that you can't control so that people can have more power of your life while getting your votes.
(11-20-2015, 12:28 AM)GMDino Wrote: You can never, NEVER stop all killing or terrorism.

But what is being sold IS fear.  Fear of something that you can't control so that people can have more power of your life while getting your votes.

Tom cotton was trying this:

Any of you old enough to remember when we had to fight the communists in Vietnam or else we would have to fight them in the streets of America?

Or when GWB won the '04 election because a majority of U.S. citizens thought Saddam Hussein was involved in the 9/11 attacks?

Fear is a basic tool to control the masses.
(11-20-2015, 02:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Any of you old enough to remember when we had to fight the communists in Vietnam or else we would have to fight them in the streets of America?

Or when GWB won the '04 election because a majority of U.S. citizens thought Saddam Hussein was involved in the 9/11 attacks?

Fear is a basic tool to control the masses.

Had Woodrow wilson not mettled into WW1 we wouldn't have had to fight communism in Asia. Then FDR doubled down and made it a certain when cut off Japan in favor of China.

Having Japan as a power there would be a lot better than the mess we have today with China.

Basically I do agree with you. It's a shame they try and scare everyone into giving up their rights.

We do need massive overhauls on how we track visitors and refugees here.
(11-20-2015, 03:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Had Woodrow wilson not mettled into WW1 we wouldn't have had to fight communism in Asia.  

Way to miss my point.  We didn't have to fight communism in Vietnam.  

But thanks for proving my point about how easily people can be brainwashed by fear.
(11-20-2015, 03:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Way to miss my point.  We didn't have to fight communism in Vietnam.  

But thanks for proving my point about how easily people can be brainwashed by fear.

Oh I got your point. Just not going to miss a chance to slam wilson.