Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Serious is the Iloka injury?
http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/17441/bengals-margus-hunt-george-iloka-still-out-return-when-ready

Marvin says Hunt and Iloka will be ready "when they are ready." When he gets all mysterious about injuries, it's usually a bad sign. He also seemed to say Hunt would be ready for training camp, but he did not say that about Iloka. Just a tiny bit worried about this. We would be a lot weaker at safety without Iloka to start the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Oh no

Man I hope it's not bad, like you say when Marvin starts getting mysterious it's usually not good.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully nothing serious. Luckily it's only June. Minicamps will tell you a little more about where he is at. If he misses then you know it's probably more than they are letting on.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
What is the injury to Iloka? To Hunt?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't believe anything Mr. Bone Bruise has to say about injuries. Ever.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 08:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I wouldn't believe anything Mr. Bone Bruise has to say about injuries. Ever.

Good point. We have to have some of the worst team docs and trainers in the league based on our hx with injuries.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 08:51 PM)xxlt Wrote: Good point. We have to have some of the worst team docs and trainers in the league based on our hx with injuries.

Ahem.

http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-Injuries
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 08:51 PM)xxlt Wrote: Good point. We have to have some of the worst team docs and trainers in the league based on our hx with injuries.

That wasn't my point. Marvin has been lying to the fans about injuries since he told us Braham's tibial plateau fracture was a bruise and thus establishing unrealistic expectations given the severity of the true injury. 
Reply/Quote
Its June no need to rush anyone back at this point.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'll tell you how serious it is: not serious at all, because Iloka sucks.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 09:18 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I'll tell you how serious it is: not serious at all, because Iloka sucks.

Iloka is solid safety. What you smoking?
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
Tiger I wish that ML would do away with the Belichek ploy. Its OTA's for crap sake, the season's not on the line.

Just tell us what is hurt/injured and how long you expect them out. This isn't national security. It's almost like they are being punished for something.

I can't stand ML's condescending manner... Bang Head
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 09:18 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I'll tell you how serious it is: not serious at all, because Iloka sucks.

Actually, he doesn't. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Is it a confirmed injury? Because I would imagine he wants to get paiiiid
Reply/Quote

You're like a breath of fresh air on a cool Sunday morning.  I bet you kick puppies, eh?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote

Found the troll guys. No rations for you.
Reply/Quote
It's serious enough to keep him out of the rest of OTAs (precautionary), but the expectation is for him to be back at the start of camp. I get the consternation over past injuries, but we can only go with what we know.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
probably IR knowing our training staff. :)
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Sigh...Iloka really surprised me last year. There's still plenty of time though. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

If it is, we have a young guy with starting experience in Shiloh Keo.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

[Image: failure-demotivational-poster-12442.jpg]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote