Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Serious is the Iloka injury?
(06-02-2015, 08:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I wouldn't believe anything Mr. Bone Bruise has to say about injuries. Ever.

No kidding!!!!  Braham's bone bruise!!! 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 09:18 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I'll tell you how serious it is: not serious at all, because Iloka sucks.

Yeah, you haven't got a clue.  
Reply/Quote
That's what I was thinking. Maybe it's a holdout disguised as an injury.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 09:47 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Iloka is solid safety. What you smoking?

Not even worth responding to as he is very obviously just a troll.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 06:00 AM)OSUfan Wrote: Not even worth responding to as he is very obviously just a troll.

I guess we're legit now cause we have our first troll.
Reply/Quote
Let him set. No sense in taking any chances whatsoever. Long time till the season starts.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 09:01 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Ahem.

http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-Injuries

Well, that is encouraging. It is also 2 years of data. The post I was replying too referenced a bone bruise from much longer ago and I would be surprised if a decade or more of data showed Bengals consistently in the top half of that chart and not the bottom third...
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 09:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That wasn't my point. Marvin has been lying to the fans about injuries since he told us Braham's tibial plateau fracture was a bruise and thus establishing unrealistic expectations given the severity of the true injury. 

You really think the medical staff diagnosed it right and Marvin chose to lie about it? Seems much more likely they got it wrong and he reported what he was told. And a lot of players have bitched over the years about the treatment they got at the hands of team docs, not just the fans bitching. But, maybe we are all delusional, players and fans

And, then again, Marvin is Black Jesus and nobody likes Black Jesus. Cause black people are not trustworthy, even Black Jesus. Ninja
Insert "that's racist" meme here, even though I am just being Tongue
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 08:43 AM)xxlt Wrote: You really think the medical staff diagnosed it right and Marvin chose to lie about it? Seems much more likely they got it wrong and he reported what he was told. And a lot of players have bitched over the years about the treatment they got at the hands of team docs, not just the fans bitching. But, maybe we are all delusional, players and fans

And, then again, Marvin is Black Jesus and nobody likes Black Jesus. Cause black people are not trustworthy, even Black Jesus. Ninja
Insert "that's racist" meme here, even though I am just being Tongue
I read Braham's quote after he retired. They knew what the injury was and Braham was quoted that Marvin technically didn't lie because his leg was bruised due to the fracture. 

"Coach Lewis was technically right when he said it was a bruise.  He just didn't put the broken bone part in."

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/298537-bengals-center-rich-braham-retires/

Scroll down toward the end of the article. 
Reply/Quote
How could you say that Iloka sucks. He has started to come into his own as a safety and he is one of our more consistent defensive players. I liked him at Boise State and I was happy that we were able to draft him. I know that Reggie Nelson has been very solid for us also but I feel that if we had to choose to keep one or the other after the season I think we need to keep Iloka because he is getting better every play that he is on the field and another plus is his age too. Don't get me wrong I hope that we can keep both but I feel that we will not be able too. As for his injury I hope it is minor but like most are saying when Marvin acts like it is minor the injury tends to be worse.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 09:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That wasn't my point. Marvin has been lying to the fans about injuries since he told us Braham's tibial plateau fracture was a bruise and thus establishing unrealistic expectations given the severity of the true injury. 

I'll never forget that... Such a d*** move. If Iloka is done I hope Keo or that kid from USC is ready to step up.
Reply/Quote
Iloka is a tough kid, i'm not too worried, I have faith he will be back ready to go.

He played a whole season with a broken forearm. I'm guessing holding him out of OTA's is just precautionary.
Reply/Quote
I won't play doctor, but I will mention that he's terribly important to the defense. Until the pass rush takes the next step they'll need quality play at both spots. They drafted potential that should be eased in situationally, but they'll need a 3rd safety to step up if Iloka misses any games. They have a lot of raw or box types as backups, I could see them scouting re waiver wire if needed.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 06:04 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I guess we're legit now cause we have our first troll.

Now that OSUfan is here to call people names (which he would never lower himself to such childish behavior) it's like we have been officially christened, too.

[Image: 1206574.JPG]
Reply/Quote