Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How Soon Will They Make Plays?
(09-09-2015, 11:58 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I think you're just taking what people are saying the wrong way.

Nobody is saying "I hope Greg Little doesn't play because I hope he is terrible". Nobody hates Greg Little. People don't want to see him play because some combination of that meaning our other guys are likely injured and/or they don't find Little to be a very good WR.

I don't think Domata Peko is a good NT, but I don't hate him and I hope he lights it up this year. I don't think Margus Hunt is a good DE, but I don't hate him and I hope he lights it up this year as well.

People need to comprehend this kind of stuff before going on and on about people wishing our guys to fail or whatever the narrative is exactly.

Sure, I get that too. But I still hope he has a great season. It's the same every year. Some guys will never live up to expectations, but occasionally one guy who has always been on the bubble steps up and has the once in a lifetime season. Some develop a bit later.
I was hoping JJ Hoover wouldn't pitch this year, but he did put up some pretty good numbers. 2.25 era after being Mr 9th inning homerun the previous year.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 07:22 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Ummm, you do realize that sometimes the Bengals use a 4 or 5 WR set on offense, right?

Seriously? Little probably won't even be active on Sundays. 
You do realize that he's about the 8th target, right?

AJ
Jones
Sanu
Eifert
Hill
Gio
Burkhead
Kroft 
Little

But yeah, I'm sure he will see a ton of PT.  Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 03:34 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Seriously? Little probably won't even be active on Sundays. 
You do realize that he's about the 8th target, right?

AJ
Jones
Sanu
Eifert
Hill
Gio
Burkhead
Kroft 
Little

But yeah, I'm sure he will see a ton of PT.  Rolleyes

He may be, but you realize he is the only true #1 WR (skill set) on the roster other than the same AJ Green that missed all or parts of 6 games in 2015

As for a guy like Kroft, he will likely be a blocker first and a catching TE 2nd so his contributions may be harder to notice, but if he can block well then up to 50% of the plays he may factor in the success of failure of the play
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Chris Carter - I think Carter will get some snaps, but not as many as people think he will. I'm expecting only a few sacks for him this year.

PJD - It's going to take some for Dawson to get significant snaps on the field. I believe Hobson has written about Dawson not having the best practices. No matter how good Dawson looked on the field, the coaches are very adamant about practicing well in order to get playing time. I think we'll see something around midseason.

Greg Little - I'm really hoping we see very little of Little. That means that AJ, Jones, Sanu, Eifert, Hill, Rex, and Bernard are playing well enough that he doesn't see too many snaps on O.

Fisher - I believe we'll see more of Fisher than people expect. Strictly as the famous "#74 has reported as eligible" 6th OL role. I think Fisher plays that role the whole season as long as the other OL remain healthy.

Kroft - I'm not sure what to make of Kroft. I know he was our #1 rated TE, but that means very little considering how weak this year's TE class was. We've heard/seen his highlight plays during TC, but he showed his growing pains in the preseason. I'm not expecting him to light up the defenders across from him.

Alford - At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he's inactive for a while. This team gave Tate the most return opportunities in the preseason. Clearly that wasn't for a potential trade.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 04:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He may be, but you realize he is the only true #1 WR (skill set) on the roster other than the same AJ Green that missed all or parts of 6 games in 2015

As for a guy like Kroft, he will likely be a blocker first and a catching TE 2nd so his contributions may be harder to notice, but if he can block well then up to 50% of the plays he may factor in the success of failure of the play

He doesn't have #1 Skill sets. What? WHAT?
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 01:55 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He's the fourth WR
I hope he never has to see the field. If he does, it means AJ, Sanu or Jones is hurt or not playing for some reason.

You would prefer that?

Or is this just typical bfine bfine'ing? 

You do realize he plays Special Teams?

Receivers are rotated out for a number of reasons. Who knows maybe Sanu throws a TD to Little.

I would hope to see that
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 05:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You do realize he plays Special Teams?

Receivers are rotated out for a number of reasons. Who knows maybe Sanu throws a TD to Little.

I would hope to see that

I don't he's even going to be active. 

And yes, I see you are nitpicking down to ST and bfine'ing it
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 05:41 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He doesn't have #1 Skill sets. What? WHAT?

I disagree

He has speed
He has height and Size
He has the ability to play all 3 positions

I did not say he was an AJ Green (all pro and maybe HOF WR), I said he has the skill set other less talented #1 receivers in my opinion where as Jones, Sanu, Tate and Alford do not for various reasons
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 06:50 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I disagree

He has speed
He has height and Size
He has the ability to play all 3 positions

I did not say he was an AJ Green (all pro and maybe HOF WR), I said he has the skill set other less talented #1 receivers in my opinion where as Jones, Sanu, Tate and Alford do not for various reasons

Historically cant run routes
Historically cant catch passes

More important than those 3 things when talking about #1 skill set
Reply/Quote
Carter - immediately. He can be a 6 sack guy on nickel snaps

Dawson - After the team realizes Hawk is not good

Little - Never. Never ever ever ever ever ever ever

Fisher - The second an injury happens anywhere but C. He'll get goalline snaps and I wouldn't be surprised if he had a TD this year.

Kroft - Immediate. He's like the 6th option in the offense but he'll get his catch a week. He might even have a couple of catches in run heavy weeks with more 2 TE formations.

Alford - When the team realizes Little will still be terrible and he has higher reward factor in him being activated
Reply/Quote