Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Will My Crippled Swimsuit Calendar Do?
When I'm presenting and kids ask me what I do for a living, I always say "I go around to schools and colleges and places and do this sort of thing and then I'm also a part-time speedo model."

It always gets lots of laughs, but, lately, I figured why not make a swimsuit calendar of disabled people? It could have their pictures, along with their stories, and then just something about them that's interesting.

At the very least, I figured that I could sell it to hospitals and rehabilitation centers, as well as in local stores because people in the area LOVE the idea and have already offered their help and many people have said they'll buy it.

Is it a good idea? I think normalizing something like people in wheelchairs and swimsuits could draw a lot of interest because it would help to remove the stigma and just show crippled people hanging out like everyone else (I obviously won't be able to use the word "crippled" because so many people are offended by it).

And then I thought "why stop there?" and so I decided that I'm going to try to make one with army vets that are missing limbs because I think it will also help just show them as more normal people (don't get me wrong: I'm NOWHERE NEAR as big of a bad-ass as a vet).

I'd obviously like to give the models a little something for participating, but then I'd like to donate most of the proceeds to charities (helping vets with the money from that one, obviously).

Do you think this idea is a good one? Do you think it could do well? Do you think it could go big, like nationwide?
Reply/Quote
You're so late to the game, Brad. Strongman and Crossfit have events for disabled people, most of them tend to be wounded warriors missing limbs.

For example, just last week I watched a video of a veteran who lost both of his legs in battle. The guy was doing pullups with his wheelchair strapped to him, then muscle ups, and finally a handstand above the bar. (wheelchair included)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 08:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The guy was doing pullups with his wheelchair strapped to him, then muscle ups, and finally a handstand above the bar. (wheelchair included)

That was Ryan shazier.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 08:40 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: That was Ryan shazier.

Lol, funny.  But actually, it was a White soldier.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 08:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You're so late to the game, Brad.  Strongman and Crossfit have events for disabled people, most of them tend to be wounded warriors missing limbs.

For example, just last week I watched a video of a veteran who lost both of his legs in battle.  The guy was doing pullups with his wheelchair strapped to him, then muscle ups, and finally a handstand above the bar. (wheelchair included)

Did you even read my post?!

My idea isn't an event..........  it's a calendar of crippled people!
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 09:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Did you even read my post?!

My idea isn't an event..........  it's a calendar of crippled people!

Some of those people might be willing to participate, so long as you're paying them..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 09:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Some of those people might be willing to participate, so long as you're paying them..

I obviously would and even thought about paying them more depending on how many get sold.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 08:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You're so late to the game, Brad.  Strongman and Crossfit have events for disabled people, most of them tend to be wounded warriors missing limbs.

For example, just last week I watched a video of a veteran who lost both of his legs in battle.  The guy was doing pullups with his wheelchair strapped to him, then muscle ups, and finally a handstand above the bar. (wheelchair included)

Wounded Warriors softball team is awesome to watch. So inspiring, love them guys. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
If the calendar has hot crippled chicks it will sell big.

Either way it can not hurt to try.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a fine idea Brad.
Instead of the dreaded c word , perhaps " differently capable "may be used.
Uncertain if any one thought you were more "badass" than trained military vets .
j/k Bro you are the " Chuck Norris " of this generation.
Reply/Quote
As long as your smart enough Not to assign someone without legs or in a wheelchair to February during leap year it might have a chance?

Reply/Quote
only if there is chicks in bikinis in it.  because, sex sells you know.  and, no....we don't want to see you Brad in a bikini or a banana hammock.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
"Big Brad's Hot Stub Posse"

I'd buy it.
Reply/Quote
I dunno .not too long ago using the word crippled was a big no-no.. I'm sure there's some social justice warrior just waiting to bounce and declare you as a new meme for using out of date terminology. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 01:32 PM)grampahol Wrote: I dunno .not too long ago using the word crippled was a big no-no.. I'm sure there's some social justice warrior just waiting to bounce and declare you as a new meme for using out of date terminology. 

I obviously wouldn’t use the word crippled in the calendar.
Reply/Quote