Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get Mad at Me Mock
Here's a mock of players I think could help in loosely reasonable spots throughout the draft. Some is wishful thinking, some is reach.

1: AJ Brown, Wr Mississippi
The Bengals WR corps is lacking after Boyd and Green, and both are due big paydays. Taylor is a new, offensive minded HC and it wouldn't shock me to see them give him a new toy to charge up the group. Green/Boyd/Brown would be a nice group to put up against Beckham/Landry/Callaway. If he pans out and health prevails, you have arguably the best receiving corps in the league.

2: Vosean Joseph, LB Florida
This is my dude. He's an aggressive, fast linebacker that can run and had good instincts. We need this kind of player badly. Might be a reach here. but I doubted he'd make it to 3. I like him better than Bush, to be honest.

3: Yodny Cajuste, OT, West Virginia
Big, athletic tackle. Nice backup swing candidate that could be groomed for a starting spot in a year or two.

4: Lonnie Johnson, CB, Kentucky
Corner with size and good press cover potential. Good depth and a nice player to groom.

5: Zach Gentry, TE Michigan
Nice blocking TE to round out the position group.

6: Te'von Coney, LB Notre Dame
Nice depth at Mike and Will. Scrub the roster of bums that we have for backups now and get some depth with a higher ceiling.
6: Martez Ivey, OT Florida
The other Florida OT. Gets some time to be groomed as a backup, but had a lot of time as a starter at LT in the SEC. Might be a solid backup.

6,6,7: Whoever falls, I have no idea who's left at that point.

At the end of the day, I think free agency has shown us that the Bengals believe that their starters are mostly in place already. I think that this is a huge mistake, but with a draft like this one, the depth on the roster would be much stronger. In time, many of these players could play a big role in making the team viable again.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 02:26 AM)samhain Wrote: Here's a mock of players I think could help in loosely reasonable spots throughout the draft.  Some is wishful thinking, some is reach.

1: AJ Brown, Wr Mississippi
The Bengals WR corps is lacking after Boyd and Green, and both are due big paydays.  Taylor is a new, offensive minded HC and it wouldn't shock me to see them give him a new toy to charge up the group.  Green/Boyd/Brown would be a nice group to put up against Beckham/Landry/Callaway.  If he pans out and health prevails, you have arguably the best receiving corps in the league.

2: Vosean Joseph, LB Florida
This is my dude.  He's an aggressive, fast linebacker that can run and had good instincts.  We need this kind of player badly.  Might be a reach here. but I doubted he'd make it to 3.  I like him better than Bush, to be honest.  

3: Yodny Cajuste, OT, West Virginia
Big, athletic tackle.  Nice backup swing candidate that could be groomed for a starting spot in a year or two.  

4: Lonnie Johnson, CB, Kentucky
Corner with size and good press cover potential.  Good depth and a nice player to groom.

5: Zach Gentry, TE Michigan
Nice blocking TE to round out the position group.

6: Te'von Coney, LB Notre Dame
Nice depth at Mike and Will.  Scrub the roster of bums that we have for backups now and get some depth with a higher ceiling.
6: Martez Ivey, OT Florida
The other Florida OT.  Gets some time to be groomed as a backup, but had a lot of time as a starter at LT in the SEC.  Might be a solid backup.  

6,6,7:  Whoever falls, I have no idea who's left at that point.

At the end of the day, I think free agency has shown us that the Bengals believe that their starters are mostly in place already.  I think that this is a huge mistake, but with a draft like this one, the depth on the roster would be much stronger.  In time, many of these players could play a big role in making the team viable again.

If the Bengals trade AJ Green or plan not to extend his contract this would work.  I like Coney and I think Joseph is a beast in the right situation.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Taylor has plenty of toys to play with already - Mixon, Gio, Green, Boyd, Eifert, Uzomah and most importantly ROSS.

If he can't figure out a way to get Ross to affect defenses, then Taylor is going to be a bust as an offensive coach.

If you want to give him some "toys" better get him a toy box - an OT and OG that can actually protect the toys we already have.
Reply/Quote