Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
How about AJ McCarron
(01-18-2016, 02:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Now consider the weather condtions they played in.

When have you ever made or accepted excuses for Dalton? 

Look, nobody hates the kid. People hate double standards, bias, and when people try to polish a turd. We're seeing plenty of that here. 

Just because McCarron had a good 4th quarter (instead of say, a 1st or 2nd quarter like Dalton), and the defense only allowed 15 points, doesn't make the overall performance a good one.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 12:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: When have you ever made or accepted excuses for Dalton? 

Look, nobody hates the kid. People hate double standards, bias, and when people try to polish a turd. We're seeing plenty of that here. 

Just because McCarron had a good 4th quarter (instead of say, a 1st or 2nd quarter like Dalton), and the defense only allowed 15 points, doesn't make the overall performance a good one.

Playoff game against the Colts. Andy did the best he could with limited weapons; pretty sure I gave him credit for the effort. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Like them both but the offense had the defense winded, gasping, and grasping for the oxygen masks on sideline in first 3 quarters with all those 3 and outs.

Still like the kid though, but also love what I saw from Dalton this year as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 01:43 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Still like the kid though, but also love what I saw from Dalton this year as well.

That's where I'm at. It wasn't a good playoff performance overall, but I was encouraged that he did eventually pull it together. I think it's our best backup situation since Kitna. He did all you could reasonably expect this season.

I was also thrilled with the leap Dalton took last year. We should all be thrilled with our QB situation. Just wish we could get a playoff win out of the way to erase all doubts.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 03:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Did you just do cap lock, bold font, enlarged font, and underline all in just one word? Impressive.

Really have no idea what that has to do with folks trying to diminish AJ's performance.

No excuses for AJ, he kept us in the game until the end. 

But yeah, Andy is the future of this team

But he didn't have a good performance. He had 2 turnovers within the Steelers 30 yard line. Completed 0 passes on the Bengals first TD drive. Fumbled the ball 3 times. Lost one.

McCarron didn't have a good game. He had one good series.

Ask any non-Bengals fan about that game and they will agree that McCarron did not look good in that game.

One good series does not wipe out a subpar performance.

It rained, yes. But it also rained for Ben. You didn't see him fumble the ball and he was sacked as many times as McCarron.

The Bengals hit the QB 9 times. The Steelers hit the QB 7 times.

Fact of the matter is, we are out of the playoffs and some of that fault also lies on McCarron. Not all of it, but he is still deserving of fault.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote