Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ref from last weeks game was coach's brother?
Buddy Horton was also the ref that ruled TD for the Bryant Non-catch.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 07:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To be fair, Ray Horton has pretty deep Bengal ties.

No doubt.  The younger segment on here may not know that Ray played here.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 07:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Pretty deep and more recent Joey Porter ties, though. He coached on two teams Porter played on, both well after being with the Bengals. Plus he probably has a bit closer ties to the team he got a SB ring with in '05.

Not sure I buy the proper conspiracy angle, but it does cause you to continue to wonder why the NFL chose the same crappy officiating crew from the previous game.

Out of all the refs in the league, they couldnt find another one to ref the Bengals game? Even if it is all just fluff, why take the chance? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 07:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, the field judge Buddy Horton, is Ray Horton's brother.

And I think he is the guy that threw both flags, the 1st on Burfict and the 2nd on Jones.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 08:35 PM)Earendil Wrote: Welcome to my ignore list.

Amen
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 07:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Lapham said the ref that threw the flag on Pacman is the brother of Ray Horton. That same ref threw the flag for the DPI on AJ Green in the 4th quarter right before the Bengals 1st touchdown.

Nothing to see here.
NOthing to see here, and fans just wanting to blame the refs for what were very stupid penalties by our Bengals to give Steelers 30 extra yards and the game winning field goal. Big Ben mounted no drive, we just gave them 30 stupid yards. ......and did the ref fumble the ball also ?.......The Bengals came back and took the lead and made the interception and no way Bengals should lose that game. ...but Hill immediatly fumbled, so we got no extra field goal being near field goal range, we ate no clock and Steelers kept their 3 time outs. ...Even at that, we should have won. ...With 20 some seconds left, to move the Steelers from a 65 yard field goal in the rain to a 35 yeard field goal due to back to back unsportsmanlike conduct penalties was just BONEHEADED by the Bengals. ...I repeat, Boneheaded.....and did the ref fumble the ball or was that Hill ????....Heck, with all the rain, I even considered 3 kneel downs to make Steelers use their time outs, and punt. THat may be weak play calling, but the fumble in the rain was the worst thing that could have happened, and it did indeed happen.

Oh yes, we had trouble running out the clock all year, and clock management and time out management has been a weak area for Bengals for many years, not just this one game. Hill fumbles the ball a lot, and Gio not much better. BOth have long reputations for the butter fingers, even in college. Maybe the guy to have had in there was Burkhead. Maybe we need to carry one guy that doesn't fumble next year, just to run out the games.

People are grasping at straws trying to blame anybody but the Bengals, but the fact is the Bengals had the game won and blew it, nobody to blame but the Bengals themselves.....I have seen the enemy, and it am us....The only way Bengals could have lost that late in the game was if they played stupid and beat themselves, and that is exactly what they did. The STeelers didn't beat us, The Bengals beat themselves......instead of running the last 2 minutes off the clock, they fumbled on 1st down to let Steelers keep all 3 time outs, and then they just gave Steelers 30 yards in penalties for game winning kick with 20 some seconds left. Had they not done that, maybe Steelers don't score from 65 yards away with 20 seconds left. ....Bengals can only blame themselves....Even if it had just been the penalty on Burfict, it is still a 50 yard FG in the rain and cold, but no, Jones had to bump into or push a ref, which you can not do in any sport, and here Steelers...we will just move the ball from a 65 yard FG to a 35 yard FG for you. Why would we want to win a play-off game in Cincinnati.....I wish I could blame the refs, but THe Bungles beat THe Bengals.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
No matter what no way these guys should be working games like this.
Reply/Quote