Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about our Defense
3 playoff games we gave up 59 , less than 20 pts a game... that is playoff football...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Championship ball.
Reply/Quote
It just doesn't make any sense

Chiefs four drives in first half
84 yds
75 yds
72 yds
80 yds

Chiefs next 5 drives
16 yds
17 yds
7 yds
(-2) yds
(-4) yds

Just insane.
Reply/Quote
OT... we are not the Bills.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:17 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: OT...  we are not the Bills.

I'm wondering if the OT game vs the Bills wore on them a bit.  
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It just doesn't make any sense

84 yds
75 yds
72 yds
80 yds

Chiefs next 5 drives
16 yds
17 yds
7 yds
(-2) yds
(-4) yds

Just insane.

2nd half they started holding more, not even being funny. They realized the refs weren’t going to call it and they started mugging the receivers and it worked. Other thing here, they dropped 8 into coverage and were doubling Hill and Kelce on some big downs forcing Mahomes to hold the ball. They couldn’t do that int he 1st half because they had too many 3rd and shorts but second half the longer 3rd downs made a huge difference.

Funny enough, people laughed at me before the first game when I literally said “cheat, hold as much as you can get away with”.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:20 AM)Au165 Wrote: 2nd half they started holding more, not even being funny. They realized the refs weren’t going to call it and they started mugging the receivers and it worked. Other thing here, they dropped 8 into coverage and were doubling Hill and Kelce on some big downs forcing Mahomes to hold the ball. They couldn’t do that int he 1st half because they had too many 3rd and shorts but second half the longer 3rd downs made a huge difference.

Funny enough, people laughed at me before the first game when I literally said “cheat, hold as much as you can get away with”.

Kobe always talked about knowing the refs. The chiefs definitely knew, they held Chase all game. Bengals are good, and when they learn those intricacies...

That ref crew was famous for the lowest holds called all year and I think the head dude had zero roughing the passer penalties all year.

Refs want to be a part of the game, use them to your advantage.
Reply/Quote

84 yds
75 yds
72 yds
80 yds

Chiefs next 5 drives
16 yds
17 yds
7 yds
(-2) yds
(-4) yds

Just insane.

I wonder how Week 17 went, seemed like we sat that ***** on the sideline then too.
Reply/Quote
Offense sells tickets but defense wins championships!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:20 AM)Au165 Wrote: 2nd half they started holding more, not even being funny. They realized the refs weren’t going to call it and they started mugging the receivers and it worked. Other thing here, they dropped 8 into coverage and were doubling Hill and Kelce on some big downs forcing Mahomes to hold the ball. They couldn’t do that int he 1st half because they had too many 3rd and shorts but second half the longer 3rd downs made a huge difference.

Absolutely correct on this. I just wasn't sure the Bengals, the least penalized team in the league, who had only four defensive holdings calls all season, could change their stripes.

But at some point it was as if they realized: the refs are just not going to call defensive holding. So, they adjusted and started holding as well. it was really quite an adjustment to the game (ref) conditions.
Reply/Quote

84 yds
75 yds
72 yds
80 yds

Chiefs next 5 drives
16 yds
17 yds
7 yds
(-2) yds
(-4) yds

Just insane.

That is why they play 4 quarters 
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:40 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: That is why they play 4 quarters 

And sometimes 4.25-4.5!
Reply/Quote
Congrats to the defense. Watching ESPN after both games and the question was "All due respect to the Bengals defense, but how did Mahomes play so bad at the end of the half and the second half?" Keep disrespecting our defense so we win Superbowl 56!!!
Reply/Quote

84 yds
75 yds
72 yds
80 yds

Chiefs next 5 drives
16 yds
17 yds
7 yds
(-2) yds
(-4) yds

Just insane.

Did they strike while the iron is hot? LOL
Reply/Quote

In all honesty that's what wins in January. Referees tend to let DBs be extra physical in January. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Keith Vance has actually been on a hammer in 2nd halves only given up 19 total points in the 3 playoff games I believe only 9 points in the 4th quarter that is definitely winning football
Reply/Quote