Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about popular movies you just don't like
There's a few out there for me.

Pulp Fiction...I just don't get the attraction.

Grease...not a fan of musicals

Jerry Maguire...maybe it was due toi the ridiculous hype, but I just kept waiting for the good part.

I'm sure I have more to add.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Grease for sure....the only "musical" I ever dug was the Blues Brothers.

The Lord of the Rings.....just can't do many flicks in that genre.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
You know I think some of the iconic super heroes, Batman and Superman, have been blah movies.
Reply/Quote
All of the Fast and Furious movies. Rented the first one when it came out, watched about half of it, and haven't seen any of the other ones.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 07:08 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: All of the Fast and Furious movies.  Rented the first one when it came out, watched about half of it, and haven't seen any of the other ones.

No need to watch any of the others....just slightly different iterations of the first one...and it sucked.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 03:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: The Lord of the Rings.....just can't do many flicks in that genre.

I'm also very "meh" on these. 

When the third one came out two of my buddies really wanted to see it opening night, which was a Wednesday, I believe. Anyway, we get to the theater around 7 and every showing is sold out until 11ish. They still wanted to see it, but the guy who drove didn't want to drive home then drive back. So we killed about 3 hours when the other non-driver asked "where can we get a drink?". We hit up a bar and had 3 double Jack & Cokes and 2 layered shots in 40ish minutes. I passed out 10 minutes into the movie. Woke up with 15 minutes left. 

Never got around to seeing the rest of it. I wasn't that impressed with what I caught  Ninja
Reply/Quote
The 'Saw' movies. Can't stand them.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 10:00 PM)Donnyho Wrote: I'm also very "meh" on these. 

When the third one came out two of my buddies really wanted to see it opening night, which was a Wednesday, I believe. Anyway, we get to the theater around 7 and every showing is sold out until 11ish. They still wanted to see it, but the guy who drove didn't want to drive home then drive back. So we killed about 3 hours when the other non-driver asked "where can we get a drink?". We hit up a bar and had 3 double Jack & Cokes and 2 layered shots in 40ish minutes. I passed out 10 minutes into the movie. Woke up with 15 minutes left. 

Never got around to seeing the rest of it. I wasn't that impressed with what I caught  Ninja

You didn't miss anything.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 03:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: Grease for sure....the only "musical" I ever dug was the Blues Brothers.

The Lord of the Rings.....just can't do many flicks in that genre.

I almost had a panic attack during the third Lord of the Rings.  I kept thinking it was over and a new scene would pop up.  I started getting fidgety and hot because it would not end.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 09:36 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I almost had a panic attack during the third Lord of the Rings.  I kept thinking it was over and a new scene would pop up.  I started getting fidgety and hot because it would not end.

LOL....I would have been forced to leave at that point!

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 12:59 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You didn't miss anything.

3rd one had a lot of cool battle moments.   LOTR is a long affair if your not vested in it its 3 hours long. For me I was ready for movie 2 as soon as the first one ended...   the movies are excellent if your a fan of the books.    they really did a good job of bringing the books to the screen with minimal cuts of relevant content.

For me..  I don't like the godfather movies.. they put me to sleep most boring things ive ever tried to watch.  And many mob like movies all fall in the same boat for me.
don't like the Halloween movies Nothing past the first 1 was any good including the remake.   To me they are the worst slasher films.

Ohh...   EVERY SINGLE MARVEL SUPERHERO MOVIE.... = Dislike.  cool graphics but storys are complete crap.
Reply/Quote
I was surprised to learn that a lot of people actually like V for Vendetta.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 12:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: don't like the Halloween movies Nothing past the first 1 was any good including the remake.   To me they are the worst slasher films

Off topic, but have you seen "Halloween 3: Season of the Witch"? Micheal Meyers isn't the main character (he only has a weird cameo in a tv commercial). It's also terrble. Nothing about it is good (besides the score). But it's by far my favorite movie in the franchise. Everything is so over the top crazy that I love it.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 02:51 PM)Donnyho Wrote: Off topic, but have you seen "Halloween 3: Season of the Witch"? Micheal Meyers isn't the main character (he only has a weird cameo in a tv commercial). It's also terrble. Nothing about it is good (besides the score). But it's by far my favorite movie in the franchise. Everything is so over the top crazy that I love it.

Yeah, killer masks....lol.  "Happy, happy halloween, halloween, halloween.... happy, happy halloween....Sil---ve---rrr Shamrock". LOL

Reply/Quote
I know it's not a movie...  but The Big Bang Theory and Mad Men are two shows that I tried to watch on more than one occasion and thought they were terrible.

For some reason people really love these two shows.

Mad Men = Bore-a-thon

TBBT = Weak ass nerd humor
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 08:53 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I know it's not a movie...  but The Big Bang Theory and Mad Men are two shows that I tried to watch on more than one occasion and thought they were terrible.

For some reason people really love these two shows.

Mad Men = Bore-a-thon

TBBT = Weak ass nerd humor

I've noticed with "Mad Men" people either think it's amazing or boring. Nothing in between. I've never heard someone say "Mad Men? It's ok".

Spot on analysis of the Big Bang Theory.
Reply/Quote