Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about some love for Marvin and the coaches.
Great halftime adjustments.

Won a crucial challenge to start the second half.

Aggressive on fourth down.

Are the people who have been crying about these things in the past going to give credit when credit is due?
Reply/Quote
:heart: Wub Yes Wub :heart:
Reply/Quote
Who-Dey!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 11:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Great halftime adjustments.

Are the people who have been crying about these things in the past going to give credit when credit is due?

The adjustments at halftime were not good.....................they were great!

Some fans need to move on from the past, any employee in any business should strive to be better tomorrow than they were today. ML has done this now for many years and is now one of the best coaches in the NFL in my opinion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 11:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Great halftime adjustments.

Why should people have to do that when there is a portion of the fanbase that "cried" and "squealed" that there were no halftime adjustment issues when there clearly were in the past?

WTS, great to see that times are a changin'. Who dey to Marvin and co!
Reply/Quote
Yes. Something is different this year.....

They don't sit on the lead.
They don't choke when mistakes are made (no more snowball effect).
They fight back viciously when falling behind instead of just giving up or stepping all over themselves.
Dalton is no longer floating passes.
Stupid penalties are down.
Aggressive play-calling and near-perfect halftime adjustments.

It feels like a different team - not the Bungles we've all come to know and hate......
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The adjustments we made on defense were crucial. Forcing Manziel out of the pocket and letting him do things he's comfortable doing was killing us. He's not a pocket passer, so keeping him in the pocket made the most sense.
Reply/Quote
I'm really loving Marvin Lewis as our coach now and honestly hope he never leaves :)
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I've always contended that Lewis was the best thing for Cincinnati and that it was Mike Brown holding him back. Ever since Lewis gave him the ultimatum of "Let me coach or let me leave" it has been mostly sunshine. The man knows how to bring in quality staff and draft quality players for the most part. Now we just need to get over that playoff hump. I have faith the team and coaches will make it happen this year.

Great adjustments to Johnny Football in the second half. I knew we weren't going to keep him scoreless, but I wasn't convinced it would only be 1 TD.

Also, on a personal opinion note, more Gio Bernard please. At least until Hill comes off whatever sophomore slump he's stuck in.
Reply/Quote
Props to Marv and Company!
Reply/Quote
I've been very critical of Marvin. I'll admit that he has a huge part in us being undefeated right now. Keep proving me wrong Marv! I love it! Here's hoping he proves me wrong in the playoffs too ThumbsUp
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Got to improve on that 0-6 playoff record.

But honestly 108-90 career record is alright. In 13 seasons here, the team has a losing record but 3 times.
Reply/Quote
Yup.....I'll throw 'em a bone! Wub

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The adjustments were nice for a change. That said, I can't believe they didn't know to do that going into the game. Billick was on Mike and Mike that morning saying to not let the guy get out of the pocket and to bench the DEs who let him do it.

Glad they figured it out in the second half though. Probably the most obvious case of successful adjustments in the Lewis era.
Reply/Quote
The most successfull accomplishment of this staff is the number of draftees we have in the roster.

Winning like that is huge.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 12:42 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: The adjustments were nice for a change.  That said, I can't believe they didn't know to do that going into the game.  Billick was on Mike and Mike that morning saying to not let the guy get out of the pocket and to bench the DEs who let him do it.

Glad they figured it out in the second half though.  Probably the most obvious case of successful adjustments in the Lewis era.

^This^

That said they've done a great job thus far.
Reply/Quote
I've always felt that towards the staff, as I stated in another thread.

This family like unselfishness attitude Lewis instills will carry them way beyond football, making them better in ALL they do if they embrace it.
Reply/Quote
I would like to praise the coaches in general for doing such a great job drafting the last 6-7 years. We are right up there with some of the great teams of all time drafting and retaining the good players. Not to mention coaching up the players to their maximum potential.
Reply/Quote