Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about that safety play so far?
Two games in. Williams, Bates and Fej; 33 tackles, 1 sack, 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery, 2 interceptions and a touchdown.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 12:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Two games in. Williams, Bates and Fej; 33 tackles, 1 sack, 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery, 2 interceptions and a touchdown.

I think Bates can become a top ball hawking safety in the league. This kid will make mistakes but he is always by the ball with a chance to make the play. As long as his tackling holds up he has a chance to be a big time get.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 12:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Two games in. Williams, Bates and Fej; 33 tackles, 1 sack, 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery, 2 interceptions and a touchdown.

Wow, just wow.

Shocked

Bates is going to be a stud and Shawn looked like another player last night and took away my thoughts of giving
Fej a chance to start. Fej is a great backup up to have though. Have to give Austin and Darone Jones some props.
Reply/Quote
I was blown away last night watching these guys. Great players clicking and playing fundamental football.

Reply/Quote
Safety trio has looked good. Bates should have added another INT to the totals last night, but it went through his hands. Very nice work.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: Safety trio has looked good.  Bates should have added another INT to the totals last night, but it went through his hands.  Very nice work.....

When I saw the ball go through Bats hands, I LAUGHED. OMG, 3 BENGALS around the receiver and Bates Misses... JUST DAMN...

THEY look GREAT at Safety. 

GO BENGALS!
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: Safety trio has looked good.  Bates should have added another INT to the totals last night, but it went through his hands.  Very nice work.....

How Brown caught that, is still mess'in with my head! Add the fact that, how Bates didn't intercept it or deflect it....
Reply/Quote
Bates looks like the prototype free safety we have needed that last 3 years. He’s gonna be a good one. That’s for sure.
Reply/Quote

Yeah, I think they call that "gettin it done." These guys are serious. Different fire in their bellies this year. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
What people don't remember about Bates missing that int is the fact he was even able to get there and dive in front to attempt a play on the ball is impressive. Watch the video of how much ground he covered to get there.
Reply/Quote
The ThunderCats
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 02:01 PM)jwayne Wrote: When I saw the ball go through Bats hands, I LAUGHED. OMG, 3 BENGALS around the receiver and Bates Misses... JUST DAMN...

THEY look GREAT at Safety. 

GO BENGALS!

Yeah....just bad luck for us, good for them on that play.

(09-14-2018, 02:20 PM)sandwedge Wrote: How Brown caught that, is still mess'in with my head! Add the fact that, how Bates didn't intercept it or deflect it....

No doubt man...just crazy that it went right into his arms after a bit of a deflection.  Nice play, which leads to....

(09-14-2018, 03:18 PM)Au165 Wrote: What people don't remember about Bates missing that int is the fact he was even able to get there and dive in front to attempt a play on the ball is impressive. Watch the video of how much ground he covered to get there.

Oh, I remember that part well.  He's got a shit ton of range out there.  Just a freak play that he didn't at least break that pass up.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 03:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The ThunderCats

[Image: latest?cb=20130714001611]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 03:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: [Image: latest?cb=20130714001611]

Thunder, thunder, thunder....hooooooooooooooooo
Reply/Quote
This might be just high off the moment but that might have been the best game I’ve seen Shawn Williams play he really made a difference out there especially on the strip sack. I know ‘los caused the int but still Shawn looked sharp even tho he still makes tackles as if it were 1986 nfl rules again
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
I'm surprised that they've done this well this early. Communication in the defensive backfield has been dicey here since Reggie Nelson left. I really didn't expect a rookie to come in and fix it right out of the gate. Impressed.
Reply/Quote
Back to back weeks with some standout safety play. Fej with a very solid game last week. William's with possibly his best/most impactful game this week. And Bate living up to to some of the hype hes gotten this offseason making me not think the cutting of iloka was a bad decision.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Superb performance by both safeties. An absolute joy to watch those guys wreck havoc all over the field.
Reply/Quote

Bates reminds me of Reggie Nelson in terms of ball skills, but he seems more intense out there.

Reply/Quote

Our DEs and DTs might not be getting a ton of stats as of yet, but they are sure harassing opposing QBs.  That is helping lead to the INTs as well, like Dunlap's hit on Flacco's arm that had Williams (who I was sure was going to drop it) waiting so long on his INT to come down that he almost waived for a fair catch.

It is synergy.  They are all helping each other.  Notice, too, that thus far no one is attacking us deep and challenging Jackson or Dre.  It is all nickel and dime.  Burfict's return, the rotation on the defensive line (and they are starting to get their hands up better if they don't have time to get home) and the experience gained from the likes of Willis, Lawson, and Hubbard is going to really provide a lethal combination if they can stay healthy.
Reply/Quote