Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about this guy for OC?
He comes from the Scott Linehan "coaching tree" and seems capable of scheming a running game, not to mention he has experience with AJ McCarron, who is likely gone this season anyway.

I think he is an interesting candidate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Nussmeier
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can't be worse
Reply/Quote
I would take Doug E Doug over Zamp in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
How about "special consultant" Sam Wyche?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:51 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: How about "special consultant" Sam Wyche?

You make me get my hopes up too much SHRacer. Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 01:42 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Can't be worse

Clearly you did not see Florida play this year.

Their offense sucked ass.  117 out of 128 BCS schools.

Bengals rank 11th in yards and 23rd in points out of 32 NFL teams.
Reply/Quote
Sadly, I foresee zero coaching changes coming, unless someone plucks a member of our staff.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 08:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sadly, I foresee zero coaching changes coming, unless someone plucks a member of our staff.

Ain't nobody plucking nobody.  All their resumes took a hit this season.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
No rhyme or reason...case and point: Miami Dolphins

BY ADAM H. BEASLEY
abeasley@miamiherald.com
LINKEDIN
GOOGLE+
PINTEREST
REDDIT
PRINT
ORDER REPRINT OF THIS STORY
The best sign that something special is happening in Miami?

Even Dolphins offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen can’t explain their success.

Yes, the Dolphins’ defensive stats are historically bad.

But a team can overcome that if its offense is otherworldly.

That hasn’t been the case here.

The Dolphins rank 31st in first downs (236), 29th in third-down conversions (35.2 percent), 22nd in yards (336.3) and 16th in scoring (23.3).

And yet they’re 10-5.

“It’s interesting to look at our numbers,” Christensen said Thursday. “You really don’t see an explanation.”

Christensen added: “I don’t know how we do it. We just keep throwing blows, seeing what’s happening. That’s kind of been our deal. It hasn’t been the conventional way. It hasn’t been the way any of us have been used to.”

Here’s an explanation as good as any: No team has had more offensive big plays than Miami this season.

The Dolphins’ 20 plays of 40 or more yards are tied with Atlanta for the most in football.

They have 15 40-plus pass plays, good for third. They have five 40-plus run plays, which is tied for first.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article123645049.html#storylink=cpy

When you have nothing to lose, hang it out on the line...take chances, stop being so conservative....

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 08:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Clearly you did not see Florida play this year.

Their offense sucked ass.  117 out of 128 BCS schools.

Bengals rank 11th in yards and 23rd in points out of 32 NFL teams.

Yet, he took a team that had a backup QB and an offensive line in shambles from the Muschamp's regime, to an 8-4 record in the SEC in his first year.  

Why, I wonder, did you only look at this year of his coaching experience?

Could it be you were....Cherry picking?   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 11:53 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: No rhyme or reason...case and point: Miami Dolphins

BY ADAM H. BEASLEY
abeasley@miamiherald.com
LINKEDIN
GOOGLE+
PINTEREST
REDDIT
PRINT
ORDER REPRINT OF THIS STORY
The best sign that something special is happening in Miami?

Even Dolphins offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen can’t explain their success.

Yes, the Dolphins’ defensive stats are historically bad.

But a team can overcome that if its offense is otherworldly.

That hasn’t been the case here.

The Dolphins rank 31st in first downs (236), 29th in third-down conversions (35.2 percent), 22nd in yards (336.3) and 16th in scoring (23.3).

And yet they’re 10-5.

“It’s interesting to look at our numbers,” Christensen said Thursday. “You really don’t see an explanation.”

Christensen added: “I don’t know how we do it. We just keep throwing blows, seeing what’s happening. That’s kind of been our deal. It hasn’t been the conventional way. It hasn’t been the way any of us have been used to.”

Here’s an explanation as good as any: No team has had more offensive big plays than Miami this season.

The Dolphins’ 20 plays of 40 or more yards are tied with Atlanta for the most in football.

They have 15 40-plus pass plays, good for third. They have five 40-plus run plays, which is tied for first.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article123645049.html#storylink=cpy

When you have nothing to lose, hang it out on the line...take chances, stop being so conservative....

This might just be Post of the Year, one day before the deadline.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 07:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Why, I wonder, did you only look at this year of his coaching experience?

Could it be you were....Cherry picking?   Hilarious

The only cherry picking going on here is ignoring the rest of his career as an OC except the year he was at Bama and had the best talent in the country.

Florida has ranked 117th and 83rd with him as OC

He was OC at Michigan in 2014 and they finished 115th.

He was OC as Washington '09-'11 and they ranked 74th, 69th, and 38th

He sucks.
Reply/Quote
Hire this guy [Image: Ydxzk0X5.jpeg]
 then pay off these guys[Image: images_1.jpg] the same way the big teams do it. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 12:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The only cherry picking going on here is ignoring the rest of his career as an OC except the year he was at Bama and had the best talent in the country.

Florida has ranked 117th and 83rd with him as OC

He was OC at Michigan in 2014 and they finished 115th.

He was OC as Washington '09-'11 and they ranked 74th, 69th, and 38th

He sucks.

Really?  Here is an excerpt from an article.  Just because he hasn't turned Florida around while transitioning from a spread offense to a pro-style doesn't mean he "sucks":

Nussmeier has been instrumental in the development of quarterbacks during his coaching career, mentoring Alabama's AJ McCarron, Washington's Jake Locker (Tennessee Titans) and Keith Price, Michigan State's Drew Stanton and Jeff Smoker and the St. Louis Rams' Marc Bulger.

Meanwhile, in his six seasons as an offensive coordinator, Nussmeier's offenses also have managed to produce six 1,000-yard running backs.
During Nussmeier's two seasons at Alabama, the Crimson Tide offense was one of the most balanced units in the country and set school records in most offensive categories.
Alabama set records for rushing and passing touchdowns, total points scored and total offense during the 2012 national championship season. In addition, the Crimson Tide led the nation in pass efficiency. The 2012 campaign marked the first time in school history that Alabama rushed and passed for 3,000 yards each in a single season.
The Crimson Tide continued their offensive efficiency in 2013. Alabama was seventh nationally in pass efficiency and 17th in both scoring offense and third down percentage. The Tide averaged over 200 yards on the ground and through the air. McCarron was eighth in pass efficiency after leading the nation the previous year, and in two seasons under Nussmeier, he passed for 5,996 yards, 58 touchdowns and only 10 interceptions, while completing over 67 percent of his passes.
The Washington Huskies offensive unit improved statistically in each of Nussmeier's three seasons. The offense doubled its scoring output during his first season (2009), led by the passing of Locker and running of Chris Polk. The production was better in 2010, with a balanced attack that gained 2,238 rushing yards and 2,475 passing yards. Polk gained 1,415 rushing yards, the second-best total in school history, and Locker completed his career ranked first or second in every major passing category. Locker was the eighth overall pick of the 2011 NFL Draft.
In his final season at Washington, the offense scored 57 touchdowns and 434 points to finish with the second highest totals in school history; behind only the 1991 national championship team. Nussmeier coached first-year starter Price, who set school records for passing TDs, completion percentage and pass efficiency. Price was seventh nationally in pass efficiency and Polk ranked 16th nationally in rushing.
Nussmeier was the offensive coordinator at Fresno State during the 2008 season. Prior to joining the Bulldogs staff, Nussmeier was the quarterbacks coach for the St. Louis Rams. He mentored Bulger, who led the Rams to the league's fourth-rated passing offense in both 2006 and 2007. Bulger was named to the Pro Bowl in 2006, finishing the year with 4,301 passing yards, 24 TDs and only eight interceptions.
Before his coaching stint with the Rams, Nussmeier was the quarterbacks coach at Michigan State for three seasons (2003-05). Stanton threw for a then school record 3,415 yards in 2005, breaking the record of Smoker, who threw for 3,395 yards in 2003. Both signal callers were tutored by Nussmeier.
Reply/Quote
I don't know. That'd be a lot of letters to type if I wanted to complain about him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 03:52 PM)McC Wrote: I don't know. That'd be a lot of letters to type if I wanted to complain about him.

Just call him Nuss or Doug. Mellow
Reply/Quote
BTW, why not Urban our WR's coach for OC?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 03:52 PM)McC Wrote: I don't know. That'd be a lot of letters to type if I wanted to complain about him.

(12-31-2016, 05:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just call him Nuss or Doug. Mellow

People who can't spell Ogbuehi type a nickname that is actually longer than his real name.

I understood when people referred to Houshmandzadeh as "Housh", but it would have been silly to call him Hoshmandezedahaha
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 08:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sadly, I foresee zero coaching changes coming, unless someone plucks a member of our staff.

Yep, they're gonna stand pat on everything I'm afraid. The coaching staff will remain intact. And all the past practices will also remain.

Can't hardly wait to see if the 15th times a charm ?  Ninja Ninja Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 05:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep, they're gonna stand pat on everything I'm afraid. The coaching staff will remain intact. And all the past practices will also remain.

What do you mean?  We replaced 4 coaches just last year.  That is a pretty big turnover.
Reply/Quote