Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about those second half adjustments.
(10-12-2015, 01:41 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Did they dream up that disastrous reverse to Burkhead during half time?

That is actually not a bad play schematically. A majority of Dlineman in the NFL are not going to make that play imo. What I think doomed us was that we didn't run it up the gut with that set before doing the end around. There was no reason for the Dlineman to hesitate therefor he just shot upfield.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:03 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You wanna clock on 4th down? :s

Why not? Rutgers used that bold strategy on Saturday.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: According The Enquirer....Pacman was chewin' some ass! (see the thread here)

The guy's the leader of the defense.  And it seems like we're finally getting guys not losing their composure and exhorting their teammates to a higher level.

It doesn't hurt that they're both backing it up on the field.

When Rodney Harrison says (to his amazement) that the Bengals are mentally tough I get excited.  LOT of players deserved that game ball yesterday.

I was one of those who voted the game ball for Adam Jones.   His heart is on fire.  I love the guy!

Wait till Tez gets back...
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 05:18 PM)3wt Wrote: The guy's the leader of the defense.  And it seems like we're finally getting guys not losing their composure and exhorting their teammates to a higher level.

It doesn't hurt that they're both backing it up on the field.

When Rodney Harrison says (to his amazement) that the Bengals are mentally tough I get excited.  LOT of players deserved that game ball yesterday.

I was one of those who voted the game ball for Adam Jones.   His heart is on fire.  I love the guy!

Wait till Tez gets back...

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked   Holy Shit!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Sooooooo

When we get blown out and embarrassed in the second half, it's the players just not executing and not much to do with Marvin.

When we win, it's because Marvin is so good?

It must be nice to live in a world where you play the sides where you can never be wrong.
Reply/Quote
4th quarter adjustments were great. The Defense just took over and Dalton and the fellas were great.

Especially Eifert, Mo and Gio. Great way to respond, cannot say i have seen a game like this from us for a long time.

Loved Dalton's QB sneak. BADGER!

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Marvin is a very good NFL coach; regardless what some around here think

Wish he was a good playoff coach.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 06:42 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Wish he was a good playoff coach.

Same here.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:26 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Yeah, but, Bennett went in totally unblocked. Talk about the LAST person you want to not block.

I think the counter fake by the RB was supposed to cause the DT (Bennett) tohesitate for a split second, which would have put Burkhead past him. On the replay you could see that Zeitler let him go to get to the second level. Problem was, Bennett didnt bite and hesitate, he came straight through and made the play. He hesitates, even for a split second, and Burkhead is beyond him with blockers out front for a potential long gain.
Reply/Quote
The wasted time outs infuriate me. Clock management is AWFUL between both AD and ML.

We are VERY lucky we got that FG off in time.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 11:45 PM)Joelist Wrote: Second half was a roller coaster.

Third quarter was 14-0 Seahags and we looked terrible.

Fourth quarter was 17-0 Bengals and they looked completely different.

Makes one wonder if someone like Whit finally pulled the O linemen aside and
"exhorted" them to get their act together.
The Bengals always look bad in 3rd quarter. That's why I am not giving kudos to half-time adjustments Sick
A great finish in spite of less than stellar management at end of regulation. Oh well, Marvy is as Marvy does.
Nugent is going to cause me a heart attack before this season is over Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 08:42 PM)Whacked Wrote: The wasted time outs infuriate me. Clock management is AWFUL between both AD and ML.

We are VERY lucky we got that FG off in time.
Clock management was absolutely perfect. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 06:16 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Sooooooo

When we get blown out and embarrassed in the second half, it's the players just not executing and not much to do with Marvin.

When we win, it's because Marvin is so good?

It must be nice to live in a world where you play the sides where you can never be wrong.

What are you talking about?

Who said anything like this?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 09:18 PM)Derrick Wrote: The Bengals always look bad in 3rd quarter. That's why I am not giving kudos to half-time adjustments Sick

Last two season the Bengals have finished 7th and 11th in points scored in the third quarter.  So we make better halftime adjustments than most other teams in the league.
Reply/Quote