Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williams to be back sooner than later?
At first glance, Williams suffered what looked like a season ending injury to his elbow, in last weeks game vs. the Chiefs. Now, they're saying no surgery needed, and he could possibly play in the opener.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/8/25/16202914/bengals-injury-news-shawn-williams-recovering-opener-ravens

Quote:Jim Owczarski

@JimOwczarski
#Bengals HC Marvin Lewis says things looking up for Shawn Williams. Elbow reacted well in night/day after injury. No surgery needed.
12:06 PM - Aug 25, 2017
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 09:04 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: At first glance, Williams suffered what looked like a season ending injury to his elbow, in last weeks game vs. the Chiefs.  Now, they're saying no surgery needed, and he could possibly play in the opener.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/8/25/16202914/bengals-injury-news-shawn-williams-recovering-opener-ravens

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Lewis-kids-you-not-Pro-Bowl-test-on-edge-Shawn-Williams-could-Pack-it-in/533f7aac-3204-4bfd-8e22-d31f18870373

Interesting article from Bengals.com that also says he might be back as early as the Packers, although I would hope to be 2-0 and not have to rush the guy.  Fej is going to step up and make me buy his jersey  Ninja

This article also discussed the Bengal's youth movement and how Mike Brown would usually prefer the younger players, but Marv has the final say.  That will bust some folks bubble.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 09:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Lewis-kids-you-not-Pro-Bowl-test-on-edge-Shawn-Williams-could-Pack-it-in/533f7aac-3204-4bfd-8e22-d31f18870373

Interesting article from Bengals.com that also says he might be back as early as the Packers, although I would hope to be 2-0 and not have to rush the guy.  Fej is going to step up and make me buy his jersey  Ninja

This article also discussed the Bengal's youth movement and how Mike Brown would usually prefer the younger players, but Marv has the final say.  That will bust some folks bubble.  Whatever

Facing Aaron Rodgers on the road will take the entire defense to have a good day, to pull off the win in Lambeau.

That is interesting about Brown/Lewis having differing opinions on the youth vs. experience argument.  For some reason, popular opinion always had us to believe that Lewis just toed the Brown company line.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 09:25 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Facing Aaron Rodgers on the road will take the entire defense to have a good day, to pull off the win in Lambeau.

That is interesting about Brown/Lewis having differing opinions on the youth vs. experience argument.  For some reason, popular opinion always had us to believe that Lewis just toed the Brown company line.

I have said for some time:  It is Marv, Katie, and Troy.  Mike is not much more than a figure head at this point.  I really hope the trio can win us a Super Bowl and then Mike and Marv would likely retire.  

I don't want to get carried away, but I would just love to see the Bengals with the Lombardi and Mike Brown say:  "Dad, you had to wait a long time, but this one's for you".
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 09:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have said for some time:  It is Marv, Katie, and Troy.  Mike is not much more than a figure head at this point.  I really hope the trio can win us a Super Bowl and then Mike and Marv would likely retire.  

I don't want to get carried away, but I would just love to see the Bengals with the Lombardi and Mike Brown say:  "Dad, you had to wait a long time, but this one's for you".

Yeah, fairy tale endings are always nice.   LMAO

Mike Brown, the Bengals have just won the Super Bowl, "What are you going to do, now?". "I'm going to Disney World!".

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 09:39 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, fairy tale endings are always nice.   LMAO

Mike Brown, the Bengals have just won the Super Bowl, "What are you going to do, now?".  "I'm going to Disney World!".

For once I would like them to be honest...What am I gonna do know? "I'm gonna drink champagne out of the Lombardi until I puke!"
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Great news ! Seeing his bone ready to break thru the skin I woulda bet he'd miss most if not all this season.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 11:05 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Great news ! Seeing his bone ready to break thru the skin I woulda bet he'd miss most if not all this season.

Yes, very encouraging.  Amazing that there was no serious tendon or ligament damage.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 09:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Lewis-kids-you-not-Pro-Bowl-test-on-edge-Shawn-Williams-could-Pack-it-in/533f7aac-3204-4bfd-8e22-d31f18870373

(08-26-2017, 09:25 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Facing Aaron Rodgers on the road will take the entire defense to have a good day, to pull off the win in Lambeau.

The cynic in me says it's because Mike Brown knows young players are cheap. "Who wants to spend 1yr/$4m on Eric Decker when you can get Tyler Boyd for 4yr/$4.25m? Then we can roll over the cap savings for a decade, pretending it's being saved for extensions."

(08-26-2017, 10:09 AM)Synric Wrote: For once I would like them to be honest...What am I gonna do know? "I'm gonna drink champagne out of the Lombardi until I puke!"

They get a ton of endorsement money for saying Disney World. It's why Peyton Manning mentioned drinking a Budweiser in his.  $$$

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 11:16 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They get a ton of endorsement money for saying Disney World. It's why Peyton Manning mentioned drinking a Budweiser in his.  $$$

Lol yea I get that but I bet they do fill it and pass it around the locker room lol.

PS. I do love my budweiser.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Williams should go buy a lottery ticket while he's at it. The injury looked gruesome on TV. I'm stunned that no serious damage came of it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Good news on Williams. I'm happy about it, but part of me thinks it would have been nice to give one of the young safeties some time to see what we have.

As for the younger players, I agree with @TheLeonardLeap that of course Brown loves the younger players because they're cheap. However, that could just be the cynic and Brown hater in me. I think this might actually support some of the "Lewis doesn't like to play rookies" narrative. Lewis admitted as much.
Reply/Quote
Great news on Shawn, that looked ugly just like the game.

Thought he would be put on the PUP. He better watch it though. I like all of our Safeties if they can stay healthy.

Derron, Fej and Cox.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 03:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great news on Shawn, that looked ugly just like the game.

Thought he would be put on the PUP. He better watch it though. I like all of our Safeties if they can stay healthy.

Derron, Fej and Cox.

He would not have been eligible for PUP since he had practiced during the preseason.  If he was lost for a significant number of games he could have gone on the IR and been designated for return.

Dislocations are ugly but surprisingly quick to recover from if the soft tissue remains intact.   Once the initial swelling is past you can start rehabbing pretty quickly. Eifert tore the capsule when he dislocated his elbow and coupled with his pre existing shoulder issue, he was never able to rehab properly leading to the lost season.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Crazy. I hope none of the doctors that work for the Reds even thought about looking at it.

Shouldn't be a reoccurring issue i dont think there are too many opportunities for an elbow to dislocate.

Dodged a bullet its looking like
Reply/Quote
This is good news. I friggin hate injuries to anyone.

EDIT: We'll, except Steelers. Hate to admit it but I hope they all step on a rusty nail coming out of the tunnel in game 1!

Reply/Quote