Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are the Steeler faithful coping?
I mean, y'all aren't exactly used to 30 point beat downs, yet one is happening, again.. I mean, when was the last time you saw the Steelers getting absolutely housed by 30 points on TV? Wait, it was just the week before Thanksgiving, when the Bengals last whooped that ass!

Merry Christmas Steeler Nation, and oh, by the way, Who Dey!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Going to get to a point the refs step in and start letting them come back.

Reply/Quote
KC is breaking their foot off in em.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: KC is breaking their foot off in em.

Give it time

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Give it time

Nah, that look on Ben's face, after that sack/strip, made the entire game worth watching.  Cool

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
And CBS just bailed on the game because it’s not interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:55 PM)bjf123 Wrote: And CBS just bailed on the game because it’s not interesting.

They haven't here, yet..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They haven't here, yet..

They did in Cincinnati. Guess it depends on the market.

Reply/Quote
They're laying low and are going to catch people by surprise in the playoffs. By the time the rest of the league figures them out, they'll be champs again. Just you watch  Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 09:34 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: They're laying low and are going to catch people by surprise in the playoffs. By the time the rest of the league figures them out, they'll be champs again. Just you watch  Wink

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 01:41 PM)Stewy Wrote:

Laugh now, cause when they beat the Browns and then the Ravens while Cincinnati Bungles their last two against KC and Cleveland, you'll be on the outside looking in while the Steelers will be perfectly positioned at 9-7-1 to go on an epic tear. Shades of 2005.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 03:39 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Laugh now, cause when they beat the Browns and then the Ravens while Cincinnati Bungles their last two against KC and Cleveland, you'll be on the outside looking in while the Steelers will be perfectly positioned at 9-7-1 to go on an epic tear. Shades of 2005.  Tongue

That's a cute sentiment, but reality seems to be painting a completely different picture.  From another perspective it might seem like the only epic tear that the Steelers are on, is to shatter their all time record for 1st half futility.  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 03:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's a cute sentiment, but reality seems to be painting a completely different picture.  From another perspective it might seem like the only epic tear that the Steelers are on, is to shatter their all time record for 1st half futility.  Ninja

It's hard to watch. I just laugh at it anymore. Yesterday they played the first half twice. 
Reply/Quote
Same way I have for several years now...just fine.

The team has many problems that never get addressed.  Top to bottom.

Add in that a bad stretch is inevitable and I'm more than okay.

I'd like them to win more but more importantly I want them to play better in all aspects of the game.  Not going to happen with current leadership.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 03:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: Same way I have for several years now...just fine.

I'd like them to win more but more importantly I want them to play better in all aspects of the game.  Not going to happen with current leadership.

In 15 years as HC, Tomlin has led the Steelers to 9 playoff appearances, 2 AFC titles, and a Superbowl Championship.

Are you sure it's the leadership??

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
As much as it pains me to say, I won’t be surprised to see the Steelers win the division.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 03:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: Same way I have for several years now...just fine.

Shame on you, your current leadership has brought you multiple SB runs[including an NFL Championship], many playoff runs, never repeat never an under .500 season. 

The issue with the Steelers is their top talent leaving them aka Bell, Brown, etc. 

The best thing the Steelers have is coach Tomlin squeezing enough from that talentless squad to survive till at least week 17.

Aside from the above two streaks are on the line the next weeks. 

1. I don't believe Tomlin has lost a MNF game at home.
2. Tomlin has to win 1 out of 2 to never go under .500.

Again your team is still in consideration into 2022 with a chance to win division or enter playoffs. 

Since this is Smack Talk, shame on you have a Bengal fan speaking up for you.  Smack

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In 15 years as HC, Tomlin has led the Steelers to 9 playoff appearances, 2 AFC titles, and a Superbowl Championship.

Are you sure it's the leadership??

100% sure.

Either Colbert or Tomlin  (or a combination) decided that this group was the best to draft/play.  Tomlin is the HC he oversees the coordinators he chose.  Let's not pretend that the same problems this year, lack of offensive creativity, defensive collapses, etc, were not there last year too.

Coach T knows he has no pressure on him other than the fans and he can just ignore them.

Think the Brown family when Bengals fans were complaining about how cheap they were.

(12-28-2021, 03:10 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Shame on you, your current leadership has brought you multiple SB runs[including an NFL Championship], many playoff runs, never repeat never an under .500 season. 

The issue with the Steelers is their top talent leaving them aka Bell, Brown, etc. 

The best thing the Steelers have is coach Tomlin squeezing enough from that talentless squad to survive till at least week 17.

Aside from the above two streaks are on the line the next weeks. 

1. I don't believe Tomlin has lost a MNF game at home.
2. Tomlin has to win 1 out of 2 to never go under .500.

Again your team is still in consideration into 2022 with a chance to win division or enter playoffs. 

Since this is Smack Talk, shame on you have a Bengal fan speaking up for you.  Smack

Tomlin's playoff record is abysmal.  And sure, there are those who will call me a spoiled Steelers fan and say how fans of other teams would kill to have won two playoff games in the last ten years.  Mellow

[Image: ErbTs0EXcAAryVp?format=png&name=900x900]

I want the Steelers to win, obviously, but I want them to play well too.  To me it's not "a win is a win" if the team plays awful and the other team plays worse.  That's not a recipe for success IF you make the playoffs.

I've been on this for a few years now.  Back to a win against the Chargers on a Monday night when Bell scored on a last second, second effort lunge for the end zone and after the Game Tomlin said he thought there was time for two plays there.  

Spoiler alert: There wasn't.

Slow starts and Ben comebacks are what made his record what it is.  Having a QB like Ben and the Defense he's had other years has carried him more than any great game planning or in game adjustments.  Playing the Browns and Bengals twice a year used to also help pad that record.  Not anymore.

And like I said above he picks his coordinators (or at least has the most say in it) and you don't see them being highly sought after by other teams.  They just fired or "retired".

I'd add, and this part is my opinion only, you don't see great coordinators and assistants coming into the system because then there is talk of if they could replace Tomlin.  We saw it was Munchak and Grimm before Tomlin was hired.  

There is no pressure on Tomlin and there should be.

All that said I'm old enough to know that every team goes through dry stretches (some longer than others) and I'm just not going to get upset if the Steelers do the same.  Can't win every time all the time.  But if they continue to be average/mediocre and no changes are made?  That is when I continue to speak up about their obvious flaws and a lack of trying to change them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think the Steelers can win the next two, they just look done. Then again we’ve thought that before and then the bastards come out and do it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 01:09 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t think the Steelers can win the next two, they just look done. Then again we’ve thought that before and then the bastards come out and do it.

They're giving up 3 at home to the Browns with the season on the line!

Hilarious

Like you said, we've thought they're done before, but Ben doesn't look like he can win games anymore with his, and it kills me to say this, late-game heroics or just taking over games.

They're done!
Reply/Quote