Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are you starting off the season?
I won’t be at Indy although it’s only 90 miles from me. I will fire up the grill and get the mancave ready around 11. Friends and family coming over for the game. Mancave will be rockin around noonish here in Union City, IN.

Wish the weather was better tho. I swear we’ve had so much rain. Looks like the cornhole boards will stay in the shed.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I already have planned an argument with the old lady about ..something just so she won't ask me to do something else during the game . We don't talk for a day or so after arguments . Then we have to go and make up.. Trust me. At 60 makeup sex is just a vague memory from your youth .. Something other people do. 
I've already got the fishing tackle and bait ready just in case. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:41 AM)grampahol Wrote: I've already got the fishing tackle and bait ready just in case. 

Have her make you a sammich before you start the argument, just in case.

Reply/Quote
Sitting up all night waiting for the game to start at 3am, can not wait, excited already!
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:49 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Have her make you a sammich before you start the argument, just in case.

Nah..she always skimps on the sammich ingredients so it always ends up as two slices of bread with just a razor thin piece of ham between them ...just barely enough to be fish bait.. I could demand a fish bait sammich.. Some rotten chicken liver on stale bread..  Making ya hungry already, eh?

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:56 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: Sitting up all night waiting for the game to start at 3am, can not wait, excited already!

3am? Oh...that must be Aussie time where it's upside down..E ma? I guess that's what 3am looks like upside down.. lol

BTW, my Aussie friend Graham Pocket has the website CompletelyFreeSoftware.com.. You of course are expected to know each and every single Australian personally so say hi to Graham for me .. lol

I used to know every American personally, but my memory isn't as good as it used to be ..

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:56 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: Sitting up all night waiting for the game to start at 3am, can not wait, excited already!

I was in a liquid induced coma at 3am. But know the feeling. I’ve been pumped all week.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 10:03 AM)grampahol Wrote: 3am? Oh...that must be Aussie time where it's upside down..E ma? I guess that's what 3am looks like upside down.. lol

Yes 3am Sydney time, beautiful time to watch a game of football!
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 10:04 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I was in a liquid induced coma at 3am. But know the feeling. I’ve been pumped all week.

I was a t 3am this morning lol, but 3am tonight is all about the Bengals so not a good night to drink tonight.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 10:08 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: Yes 3am Sydney time, beautiful time to watch a game of football!

Do they call it llabtoof there?

Ok, enough of my extraordinarily lame Aussie jokes for one day..
Every now and then I can't imagine it being late at night elsewhere when it's morning sunshine where I'm at, but then I realize that the earth really isn't flat.. 

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 10:14 AM)grampahol Wrote: Do they call it llabtoof there?

Ok, enough of my extraordinarily lame Aussie jokes for one day..
Every now and then I can't imagine it being late at night elsewhere when it's morning sunshine where I'm at, but then I realize that the earth really isn't flat.. 

I guess at your age you would remember when everyone believed the earth to be flat? Just kidding and sticking up for us Aussies! It's funny, we have that many variations of football here I am surprised we don't have one call llabtoof lol
Reply/Quote
Nothing special around here. The game won't be on local TV, and I'm too cheap for Sunday Ticket. I'll be catching highlights on the Red Zone channel.

Now, if they were ever to offer a scaled version of Sunday Ticket, where you opt to only pay for receiving games for your specific out of market team? I'd be all over that.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Saturday took FOREVER!

I know we root for a team that is a joke to a lot of people, and doesn't experience much success, but MAN waking up to opening day is like Christmas morning to me. I freakin' love this football team.

Excited to watch some football today! Some great matchups too for people who just love football in general.
Reply/Quote
The wife is coming back today from visiting her sister in Virginia. She won't get home until late this afternoon. So, if I want a sammich, I'll have to make it my own damn self. Probably just order a pizza. But, the game will be turned on with the sound down and Lap and Dan on the radio. And, I'll be monitoring as my fantasy team goes down to its first defeat.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 10:22 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nothing special around here.  The game won't be on local TV, and I'm too cheap for Sunday Ticket.  I'll be catching highlights on the Red Zone channel.

Now, if they were ever to offer a scaled version of Sunday Ticket, where you opt to only pay for receiving games for your specific out of market team?  I'd be all over that.

Wow, that's genius. I'd love to create something like that, but I wonder if it can't be done due to NFL rights, deals with big market TV channels like Fox, etc.

Great idea though.
Reply/Quote
Playing in a hockey game at noon, then changing quickly and hurrying home to watch. Will listen on the radio in the car and probably get to see the final 3 quarters.
Reply/Quote
First off day in a couple weeks and just kicking back and enjoying.

Have not decided the cuisine yet, maybe pizza or wings, but have an excellent new flavor of medicinal for the headgear on menu for todays match up.

Then will be at stadium Thursday.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It's a football 'day'. Bengals/Colts, followed by Cowboys/Panthers. followed by Bears/Packers. That's the plan.
Reply/Quote
The game won't be on here in Puerto Vallarta so I hope I can get it on my Android box. I was able to get the UC/vs. UCLA game 2 weeks ago so everyone keep their fingers crossed for me.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 10:31 AM)Beaker Wrote: Playing in a hockey game at noon, then changing quickly and hurrying home to watch. Will listen on the radio in the car and probably get to see the final 3 quarters.

This a beer league?  What position do you play?

(09-09-2018, 11:03 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: The game won't be on here in Puerto Vallarta so I hope I can get it on my Android box. I was able to get the UC/vs. UCLA game 2 weeks ago so everyone keep their fingers crossed for me.

You can't be certain age and hear that town mentioned without one thing coming to mind.

[Image: 1-love-boat-cast-damals.jpg?w=390&h=479]

That boat was always going there.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote