Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How bad did I do?
[Image: 78039636_220015782571808_731876533628986...e=5EABFEFC]
Reply/Quote
Not bad. However, I think that you're taking Cleveland about 2-3 rounds early, and Simpson looks more like a 3rd round type to me. Simpson's NFL grade of 6.35 probably has him on a lot of team's radars, while Cleveland grades alright at 6.19 the concern over lack of play strength is a huge concern. He played in a lesser conference, against weaker competition. If he showed strength issues in the MWC, how is he going to look against guys like Carlos Dunlap or Myles Garrett?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
My comment is more general than directed at you specifically.

Why are people drafting TE? We have like 4 of them in the roster right now and they tendered 1. We draft another guy it would mean that he end of Franks I think but would still have 4. I think 3 s enough but I don’t know
Reply/Quote
Nailed the first three rounds, and Cleveland will never be there after the 2nd round. Here is a brief analysis of his combine performance. https://www.nfl.com/prospects/ezra-cleveland?id=3219434c-4567-0117-4b64-f3ef088b9fb5. He's so athletic, I think he could start at Guard because of his agility and ability to pull. He may not be the strongest yet, but he has agility and mobility you usually don't see at 315 lbs.

Moss is a name, but nowhere near a 4th round talent. His best quality is his run blocking and that is what we supposedly drafted Sample for. If I go TE, I want an athletic replacement for Eifert that can be a real threat down the seam...Like Adam Trautman from UD.

I think Joe Reed is a real talent, but we still have Boyd in the slot. With Ross and Green only having one more year on their deals (although I assume the team would take the 5th year for Ross), I think you need a burner at X or a more all-around outside receiver to replace Green. You saw how pathetic the offense looked when they lacked Green and Ross.

It is all really a crapshoot if the players pan out, but I just want certain fits that should be available for the Bengals that could provide an immediate impact. Your first three picks certainly deliver that.
Reply/Quote
When it comes "athletic freak" OTs like Ezra Cleveland and Austin Jackson, my brain splits into two separate entities. I call them my "rational brain" and my "Jesus ***** Christ not another Cedric Ogbuehi brain."

I believe that I am emotionally scarred from the 2015 NFL draft...

If Cleveland turns out the way the talking heads believe, this draft would be a slam dunk.

I think Moss is a little overdrafted because of Burrow and his last name, but there are worse picks. Plus, you got Simpson in the 5th who I would have taken in the 4th round there anyway.

My heart burns that we don't get one of the elite WRs in this class though Sad.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 12:00 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: My comment is more general than directed at you specifically.

Why are people drafting TE? We have like 4 of them in the roster right now and they tendered 1. We draft another guy it would mean that he end of Franks I think but would still have 4. I think 3 s enough but I don’t know

I agree, not a fan of Moss of the Moss pick. It's his last name is why people are falling for him. 
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 11:13 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I agree, not a fan of Moss of the Moss pick. It's his last name is why people are falling for him. 

The only TE I like is Hunter Bryant. Mismatches at WR wins football games. They would have to cut at least 1 TE though
Reply/Quote
Simpson in the 5th would be fantastic
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 11:13 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I agree, not a fan of Moss of the Moss pick. It's his last name is why people are falling for him. 

I get that but I like his familiarity with Burrow and he had 2 TD catches in the NC game.  I know he is far from his Daddy
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 11:01 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: When it comes "athletic freak" OTs like Ezra Cleveland and Austin Jackson, my brain splits into two separate entities. I call them my "rational brain" and my "Jesus ***** Christ not another Cedric Ogbuehi brain."

I believe that I am emotionally scarred from the 2015 NFL draft...

If Cleveland turns out the way the talking heads believe, this draft would be a slam dunk.

I think Moss is a little overdrafted because of Burrow and his last name, but there are worse picks. Plus, you got Simpson in the 5th who I would have taken in the 4th round there anyway.

My heart burns that we don't get one of the elite WRs in this class though Sad.
That's my issue too. I think they need to draft AJ's replacement this year. Who knows if he stays healthy this year. This is a WR draft...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote