Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How bad of shape has the US become?
(02-24-2016, 06:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: As much as a I complain about some things in Virginia, i wouldn't move to any other state. 

You still got a house?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-25-2016, 09:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You still got a house?

Yep. One of the benefits of my particular location is that we are sheltered from the more severe weather by the mountains. Often when fronts come through they will break up crossing the Alleghenies, or at least weaken significantly.
(02-24-2016, 06:18 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Mentioned this in another thread, I actually want to. Just a lot of ducks to get in a row. Trying to expatriate from the U.S. to Germany without a job already lined up or a spouse waiting is difficult.

I too have been looking at leaving the country and going back to Europe.

I am just a little more cautious due to knowing that the grass isn't always greener.  Sure some things look great, and I might think at first everything is where I want it to be, but things and policies change.  Last thing I would want is to have to turn around and move back.

Do you think it is also pretty sad that guys like you and myself (and quite of few other people I know) are even thinking about leaving the US? 
(02-26-2016, 08:26 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I too have been looking at leaving the country and going back to Europe.

I am just a little more cautious due to knowing that the grass isn't always greener.  Sure some things look great, and I might think at first everything is where I want it to be, but things and policies change.  Last thing I would want is to have to turn around and move back.

Do you think it is also pretty sad that guys like you and myself (and quite of few other people I know) are even thinking about leaving the US? 

I am just very German in the way I approach things and my attitude towards things. It's my entire ancestry, so it makes sense, but it even goes beyond that. This is one reason why, for me, even the prospect of changes like that doesn't scare me off. My personality is more German at times than it is American.

But yeah, it is sad that we have people wanting to leave like this. And it is telling that it crosses the political spectrum. It's not just about disliking the potential people in power, it's about deeper problems in this country.
Almost 48 hours now and the only solution mentioned is stop doing what we are doing...whatever that is.

Cool

Part two of the original question:

(02-24-2016, 02:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: Also, what will the candidate you support do to change those areas and improve them?

Maybe no one supports a candidate yet?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-26-2016, 08:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: Almost 48 hours now and the only solution mentioned is stop doing what we are doing...whatever that is.

Cool

I know I wasn't explicit in saying it, but my implications with the commentary about the presidential system failing us were to reform under a parliamentary system.

I find it interesting the grip with which we hold onto what our founders created in this country. We aren't an old country, and even old countries require changes to their structure every now and again.

(02-26-2016, 08:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: Part two of the original question:

Maybe no one supports a candidate yet?

I don't. I see no candidate currently in the field that I support.