Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
How 'bout them Colts?
(10-06-2016, 10:22 AM)Vlad Wrote: WTF is it with you people?

I acknowledged Wentz beat the Steelers ass.

I went further to say at least the Steelers lost to a QB with talent.

What don't you two bungles understand about this?

So in addition to not realizing the Steelers were stomped by a rookie, you also have no idea where you are posting. It's OK, you're alright in P&R if you are ever allowed back in.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When the Steelers lose to a rookie QB, it's because the rookie QB has talent.

But when the Bengals lose to a rookie QB, it's... not?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 09:27 AM)Vlad Wrote: Among those TV sports talkers Luck is still considered among the elite. There was a segment a couple days ago discussing how the Colts are wasting Lucks talent by not surrounding him with talent.

Listen... I've heard all this before. Yeah, there's some missing pieces in the offense, but that doesn't explain everything. Luck has made some BONEHEADED MOVES this year! The latest being that 4th and 1 where he could have FALLEN across the scrimmage line and made a 1st down. He may still be considered one of the elites, but right NOW, he's playing like an idiot!

I'm a diehard Colts fan, but right now, until things change, I can't deny what's obvious. In the past, scoring 27 pts against the Jags was a guaranteed win. But if you let the Jags score 30 pts on you, something is definitely wrong!
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 05:50 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Listen... I've heard all this before. Yeah, there's some missing pieces in the offense, but that doesn't explain everything. Luck has made some BONEHEADED MOVES this year! The latest being that 4th and 1 where he could have FALLEN across the scrimmage line and made a 1st down. He may still be considered one of the elites, but right NOW, he's playing like an idiot!

I'm a diehard Colts fan, but right now, until things change, I can't deny what's obvious. In the past, scoring 27 pts against the Jags was a guaranteed win. But if you let the Jags score 30 pts on you, something is definitely wrong!

Could it be that the Jags have a decent QB, and have built an offense around him?  Or, is it more likely that the Colts organization just banked on Captain Neckbeard being the second coming of Peyton, and figured he could just carry the team like a lunchbox? 

I think that we both know the answer to that is that Andrew Luck was blessed with playing on a very talented team in college, and inherited a good roster when he took over with the Colts.  Now that salary cap has had it's way with the Colts roster, Luck is looking very...average.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 04:56 PM)Big Boss Wrote: When the Steelers lose to a rookie QB, it's because the rookie QB has talent.

But when the Bengals lose to a rookie QB, it's... not?

No, when the steelers lose to a rookie QB its because the steelers suck.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 06:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Could it be that the Jags have a decent QB, and have built an offense around him?  Or, is it more likely that the Colts organization just banked on Captain Neckbeard being the second coming of Peyton, and figured he could just carry the team like a lunchbox? 

I think that we both know the answer to that is that Andrew Luck was blessed with playing on a very talented team in college, and inherited a good roster when he took over with the Colts.  Now that salary cap has had it's way with the Colts roster, Luck is looking very...average.

I think it's both of what you said. The Jags seem to be making progress while the Colts seem to living on their past glories and are getting their butts whipped right now! I'm very disappointed in Grigson. After 2 full seasons of drafting, he still can't seem to find good Offensive Linemen as well as good defensive guys. It's as if he waits for some team to cast out a defensive guy then hires him for cheap. Usually, these cheap guys are on their last legs in their careers. That kind of mindset is how his defense gets 30 pts hung on them by the Jags.

I'm feeling very lackluster about the Colts this season. Aside from Luck, the roster is CRAP! How the hell did Grigson get these guys and Pagano approve them! Pagano is supposed to be building a "monster" - a team the entire NFL should be afraid of. Right now, it looks like he built a soccer ball - a team the entire NFL can kick around. This season's team should have this slogan "Want an easy win? Play the Colts!".

For the first time in my life, I actually have enough money to watch every single Colts game if I wanted. But I'm not paying to watch THIS SEASON's train wreck! Are you freakin' kidding me?

I'm thinking that maybe the Colts win 5 games - tops. Anything over that and I'll be seriously surprised!

The Bengals on the other hand... dude... I looked at y'all's roster. Your team is stacked! You guys have a very good defensive line and that Burfict dude is an animal! AJ Green is phenomenal and your Offensive line is decent (I wish the Colts had them). Your 2 running backs - Hill and Bernard - can make any team take notice! Your QB - Dalton - seems to be more accurate.

The only thing I wonder about is your team's coaching. On talent alone, the Bengals should make the playoffs. But if your coaching sucks... well... you know!

I don't know enough about your coaches to comment, so you'll have to tell me if they're good or not. The only "coach" I know something about is Marvin. But he seems to choke at big games. I don't know if he's still doing that.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2016, 08:22 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: I think it's both of what you said. The Jags seem to be making progress while the Colts seem to living on their past glories and are getting their butts whipped right now! I'm very disappointed in Grigson. After 2 full seasons of drafting, he still can't seem to find good Offensive Linemen as well as good defensive guys. It's as if he waits for some team to cast out a defensive guy then hires him for cheap. Usually, these cheap guys are on their last legs in their careers. That kind of mindset is how his defense gets 30 pts hung on them by the Jags.

I'm feeling very lackluster about the Colts this season. Aside from Luck, the roster is CRAP! How the hell did Grigson get these guys and Pagano approve them! Pagano is supposed to be building a "monster" - a team the entire NFL should be afraid of. Right now, it looks like he built a soccer ball - a team the entire NFL can kick around. This season's team should have this slogan "Want an easy win? Play the Colts!".

For the first time in my life, I actually have enough money to watch every single Colts game if I wanted. But I'm not paying to watch THIS SEASON's train wreck! Are you freakin' kidding me?

I'm thinking that maybe the Colts win 5 games - tops. Anything over that and I'll be seriously surprised!

The Bengals on the other hand... dude... I looked at y'all's roster. Your team is stacked! You guys have a very good defensive line and that Burfict dude is an animal! AJ Green is phenomenal and your Offensive line is decent (I wish the Colts had them). Your 2 running backs - Hill and Bernard - can make any team take notice! Your QB - Dalton - seems to be more accurate.

The only thing I wonder about is your team's coaching. On talent alone, the Bengals should make the playoffs. But if your coaching sucks... well... you know!

I don't know enough about your coaches to comment, so you'll have to tell me if they're good or not. The only "coach" I know something about is Marvin. But he seems to choke at big games. I don't know if he's still doing that.

Did they overpay Luck and the result is they now don't have the cap space to have a solid team on all phases of the team? Luck looks like an elite talent, but the shock to me has been his ability to read the game making poor throws into coverage resulting in more than interceptions, pick 6 interceptions. Anyone who thinks Luck has played at an elite level thus far is only looking at the specimen and ignoring the facts (results).
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I honestly think Luck is the result of ESPN hype and their unwillingness to go back on their initial statements.

Is he a good QB? Sure. But a good QB still needs a good team around him (seeBig Grinalton, Andy). If he was truly elite like everyone wants him to be, he'd elevate some of the players around him (at the very least his weapons). 

That being said, a half decent line would do wonders for the guy. It's too bad the management either can't or won't develop decent talent in the trenches.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 11:22 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Did they overpay Luck and the result is they now don't have the cap space to have a solid team on all phases of the team? Luck looks like an elite talent, but the shock to me has been his ability to read the game making poor throws into coverage resulting in more than interceptions, pick 6 interceptions. Anyone who thinks Luck has played at an elite level thus far is only looking at the specimen and ignoring the facts (results).

Knowing Irsay, they might have. It sure looks that way because Grigson is sure implying that he's done the best he can with what he's been given (i.e. with the money he's been allowed to use). Grigson is moving the blame away from him to... someone else! Lol!

As for Luck playing at an elite level... you're kidding, right? He's been making really stupid decisions this season. Why do you think the Colts record is currently at 2-3? He's average at best right now. If he improves, I'll pay more attention, but I don't see that happening unless the rest of the team improves.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 01:03 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I honestly think Luck is the result of ESPN hype and their unwillingness to go back on their initial statements.

Is he a good QB? Sure. But a good QB still needs a good team around him (seeBig Grinalton, Andy). If he was truly elite like everyone wants him to be, he'd elevate some of the players around him (at the very least his weapons). 

That being said, a half decent line would do wonders for the guy. It's too bad the management either can't or won't develop decent talent in the trenches.

Right now, "management" (Grigson and Pagano) are both implying that Irsay spent so much money on Luck in the offseason that they've had to basically go with bargain basement with the rest of the team. So they're essentially blaming the crappy make up of the team on Irsay.

If the Colts don't improve their Offensive Line - and soon - Luck's going to be injured again. If that happens, things are really going to get bad for the Colts. So, as far as I'm concerned, Grigson and Pagano can keep pointing fingers at Irsay, but it's going to be Irsay who has the final say when he fires both of them.
Reply/Quote