Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
How 'bout them Colts?
(09-13-2016, 08:48 PM)Beaker Wrote: 1. The colts have never had a defense.

2. The Bengals O was depleted, and the jets D is very good.

3. Who won and who lost? Are you trying to claim that scoring 35 and losing is better than scoring 23 and winning?

Hey hey hey take it easy. The Colts got points for participating and being a finalist in that game.

I'm sure they're hanging the banner right now.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 08:35 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: It's not a matter of if it happens, it's a matter of when. And doesn't drafting and free agency fall on the GM? Or does Pagano pull double duty?

Luck was also playing the Lion's shaky at best defense. 

Dalton had Luck levels of protection and won. So your point is lost.

Pagano supposedly spoke to Grigson about his "needs". So, technically Grigson does the drafting and free agency, but it was Pagano who told him who he should get. It doesn't matter. If Luck gets trashed again this season, BOTH Grigson and Pagano are gone.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 08:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So you think the Jets and the Lions defenses are comparable?  Not to mention the Colts were home, and the Bengals were away.

It's the beginning of the season. The Jets defense is probably not as good as you think and the Lions defense is probably not as bad as everyone thinks.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 02:24 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Everyone knows that psycho ex's are the ones we secretly regret letting get away.. Its ok because Jakey boy is taking good care of her now.

I don't care what he does with her. He'll have to deal with her crazy as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 08:48 PM)Beaker Wrote: 1. The colts have never had a defense.

2. The Bengals O was depleted, and the jets D is very good.

3. Who won and who lost? Are you trying to claim that scoring 35 and losing is better than scoring 23 and winning?

Keep believing that. The Colts defense is going to be okay once the injured folks come back. Also, a team that keeps scoring 35 + points is most likely to win more games than a team that scores only 23 points.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 11:40 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Keep believing that. The Colts defense is going to be okay once the injured folks come back. Also, a team that keeps scoring 35 + points is most likely to win more games than a team that scores only 23 points.

It's nice to see that after all these years, you still don't know how to football.  Cool

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 11:10 AM)bengals73 Wrote: I think we've established : Bengals on Road > Colts @ Home

After 1 game?!!

Okay...  if you say so!  Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 11:40 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Keep believing that. The Colts defense is going to be okay once the injured folks come back. Also, a team that keeps scoring 35 + points is most likely to win more games than a team that scores only 23 points.

Because teams always score as much or more as they do in their first game. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 11:42 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: After 1 game?!!

So it's ok to say after one game, since the Colts scored 35 and the Bengals scored 23, they're more likely to win more games...but it's not ok to say road Bengals are > than home Colts?

Actually, it's all silly but that's just you, so consider that question rhetorical. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Defense cost them the game. Yeah they are indeed stink in defense!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote

This past weekend, 11 of the 16 losers scored less than 23 points.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 11:42 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: After 1 game?!!

well after one game you seem to think the colts will score 35+ everygame...

So really dude?
Reply/Quote
Luck will go back to averaging 0 points a game when his offensive line gets his spine shattered or his kidneys punctured.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote

Comedy gold.

I've only watched Skip Bayless 4 or 5 times on my own and the other dozen or more times was people finding humor in what he says.  I actually found most of his comments to be stupid but with some tweaking by a talented comedy writer such as yourself, Bayless could become watchable.  If only ESPN would market him (and in this case you by extension) as the comedic commentary he really is apt to be.
Reply/Quote

Nothing better to hang your hat on than an ok defense.

A team that keeps scoring 35? Wouldn't they have to do that more than once to "keeps scoring"?

The Bengals put up 23 on a very good D with a QB coming back from an injury playing in his first game since Dec of last season...a new OC...new # 2 and 3 WRs...a new starting LT....and missing their starting TE.

But keep pimping your 35 points...even though it resulted in a loss.
Reply/Quote
35 points in a loss...is lipstick on a pig. 

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 09:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 35 points in a loss...is lipstick on a pig. 

[Image: pig-lipstick.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 09:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 35 points in a loss...is lipstick on a pig. 

...like lipstick on coltsfan's mom.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 07:36 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: I'm hoping your prediction doesn't come through because if Luck gets a season ending injury - AGAIN - there will be a huge outcry in Indy and I don't think Irsay will let Pagano off the hook this time.

as the forums Indy resident, and therefore the foremost expert on Colts fans, I have to strongly disagree with the bolded. This year feels different up here. People just don't seem to care, for the most part. 

Like, every Friday is "Blue Friday": it's usually wall to wall Colts gear. Especially early in the season. But last Friday I saw maybe 25 jerseys/shirts/hats downtown. Usually it's every other person rocking some gear. It felt like everyone forgot the season was starting. I've been here since 2005 and this is the most disinterest I've seen. Week one of 2011, the no Manning, Pre Luck season, was better.

So I'm not sure the outcry would be huge here. It'd probably be more like a sigh of "Here we go again.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 09:08 AM)Donnyho Wrote: as the forums Indy resident, and therefore the foremost expert on Colts fans, I have to strongly disagree with the bolded. This year feels different up here. People just don't seem to care, for the most part. 

Like, every Friday is "Blue Friday": it's usually wall to wall Colts gear. Especially early in the season. But last Friday I saw maybe 25 jerseys/shirts/hats downtown. Usually it's every other person rocking some gear. It felt like everyone forgot the season was starting. I've been here since 2005 and this is the most disinterest I've seen. Week one of 2011, the no Manning, Pre Luck season, was better.

So I'm not sure the outcry would be huge here. It'd probably be more like a sigh of "Here we go again.

same old colts... Pay your QB a crap ton of money... watch the rest of the team fall apart

they watched this song and dance before. and Luck is no manning.
Reply/Quote