Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How come it's not Clinton for President?
Is she afraid of her last name? Doesn't seem like it. Bubba is out there campaigning for her. (BTW, Bubba looks more and more like Tip O'Neill with each passing year).

Is this her version of Ike or LBJ?

Is this her way of separating herself from him? After all, we all know the only reason she didn't divorce his hillbilly ass was for her political aspirations.

But wouldn't a Presidential wannabe use her attachment to a former two time President? Bush didn't go around calling himself "W" or have ten zillion W for President signs and fliers. He tread on that family name. Why isn't Hillary? She doesn't have to suck up to women. She's already got the female vote in the bag.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Different circumstances.

Bush wanted to hearken back to the pro-war, pro-religious base that voted for Reagan and his dad. He wanted a more nostalgic feel.

Clinton is counting on the base, but she's trying to appeal to new and younger voters who don't have the same memories of when Bill was president. "Clinton" would work for recapturing the base, "Hillary" is better marketing for attracting new.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-07-2016, 01:27 PM)McC Wrote:  Bush didn't go around calling himself "W" or have ten zillion W for President signs and fliers.  

Somebody did because I saw them all over the place.  And Jeb called himself "Jeb" instead of "Bush".

But to me it just seems natural to use first names when multiple family members with the same last name have also been elected to public offices.  If someone said "Did you hear what Clinton said?" wouldn't your first question be "Which one?"
(03-07-2016, 01:36 PM)Benton Wrote: Different circumstances.

Bush wanted to hearken back to the pro-war, pro-religious base that voted for Reagan and his dad. He wanted a more nostalgic feel.

Clinton is counting on the base, but she's trying to appeal to new and younger voters who don't have the same memories of when Bill was president. "Clinton" would work for recapturing the base, "Hillary" is better marketing for attracting new.

Plus bumper stickers saying "George/Dick" just wouldn't have been a good idea. Ninja
(03-07-2016, 01:27 PM)McC Wrote: Is she afraid of her last name?  Doesn't seem like it.  Bubba is out there campaigning for her.  (BTW, Bubba looks more and more like Tip O'Neill with each passing year).

Is this her way of separating herself from him?  After all, we all know the only reason she didn't divorce his hillbilly ass was for her political aspirations.

But wouldn't a Presidential wannabe use her attachment to a former two time President?  Bush didn't go around calling himself "W" or have ten zillion W for President signs and fliers.  He tread on that family name.  Why isn't Hillary?  She doesn't have to suck up to women.  She's already got the female vote in the bag.

Actually I made a comment last year that the Republicans tend to be called by their last names while the Democrats are called by their first.  I noticed it more on FOX and conservative news sources and attributed it to the sources trying to make the flaws of the Democrats seem more personal or close by using the more familiar first names.

And the candidates might be trying the same when they use it themselves but as an attempt to make them seem more "real".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-07-2016, 01:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Somebody did because I saw them all over the place.  And Jeb called himself "Jeb" instead of "Bush".

But to me it just seems natural to use first names when multiple family members with the same last name have also been elected to public offices.  If someone said "Did you hear what Clinton said?" wouldn't your first question be "Which one?"

Seriously?  W for president?  Gotta admit, I never saw one of those.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

(03-07-2016, 01:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: Actually I made a comment last year that the Republicans tend to be called by their last names while the Democrats are called by their first.  I noticed it more on FOX and conservative news sources and attributed it to the sources trying to make the flaws of the Democrats seem more personal or close by using the more familiar first names.

And the candidates might be trying the same when they use it themselves but as an attempt to make them seem more "real".

I don't recall seeing a lot of Barack for President stickers
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-07-2016, 02:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't recall seeing a lot of Barack for President stickers

I was speaking of this election cycle.

I think Obama knew he had an uphill climb with a "foreign sounding name" as it was.

Just like "Ted" Cruz.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-07-2016, 01:52 PM)McC Wrote: Seriously?  W for president?  Gotta admit, I never saw one of those.

I saw them here. Mainly in town, where the college kid are.
(03-07-2016, 02:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't recall seeing a lot of Barack for President stickers

Little know political fact.  .  .  

Barry Goldwater's first name was "Barack".
(03-07-2016, 01:27 PM)McC Wrote: Is she afraid of her last name?  Doesn't seem like it.  Bubba is out there campaigning for her.  (BTW, Bubba looks more and more like Tip O'Neill with each passing year).

Is this her way of separating herself from him?  After all, we all know the only reason she didn't divorce his hillbilly ass was for her political aspirations.

But wouldn't a Presidential wannabe use her attachment to a former two time President?  Bush didn't go around calling himself "W" or have ten zillion W for President signs and fliers.  He tread on that family name.  Why isn't Hillary?  She doesn't have to suck up to women.  She's already got the female vote in the bag.

Gotta be herself man, gotta be herself.

The criminal that she is.
It's more hip. She's like your friends cool mom that tells you to call her Hillary instead of Mrs Clinton...

Too bad she's not hip.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(03-07-2016, 03:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Little know political fact.  .  .  

Barry Goldwater's first name was "Barack".

Barak...African name meaning 'Blessed'.

Yes, the anointed one, the messiah. You can argue who the worst president in our lifetimes was, but Obama is without doubt the most disappointing one.
Shouldn't Hillary have a campaign slogan?

[Image: Yui09Gn.jpg]
Initially using 'Hillary' instead of 'Clinton' is like using 'pro choice' instead of 'pro abortion'...it makes it sound less awful.

But not so much anymore considering all the scandals and such attached to 'Hillary'. She should go back to "Clinton'.
(03-08-2016, 11:15 AM)Vlad Wrote: Shouldn't Hillary have a campaign slogan?

Nothing warms my heart more than a Republican who thinks he has a legitimate attack against Hillary based on the Benghazi incident.  They actually think that the stuff they all fall for in the echo chamber will work on the general public.  

I'll bet Vlad still can't understand why we elected a President that was really born in Kenya. Smirk
(03-08-2016, 11:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Nothing warms my heart more than a Republican who thinks he has a legitimate attack against Hillary based on the Benghazi incident.  They actually think that the stuff they all fall for in the echo chamber will work on the general public.  

I'll bet Vlad still can't understand why we elected a President that was really born in Kenya. Smirk

When it gets down to one on one, you don't think the Republican candidate will be all over that?  And do you really think whatever the truth is will matter? It will be all about sound bytes.

(03-08-2016, 12:15 PM)McC Wrote: When it gets down to one on one, you don't think the Republican candidate will be all over that?  And do you really think whatever the truth is will matter?  It will be all about sound bytes.

If a Republican tries to go there Hillary will just smack him down with the results of mall the bi-partisan investigations.

I know it is hard for some of you to understand, but there are people pout there who do not just automatically believe everything a person from their party says.  Almost a third of the public do not  identify with either party.  And those are the votes that decide many elections.

So in reality I am HOPING that the Republican candidate tries to bring that up in a debate.  While all of the Republicans watching will be high-fiveing each other the un-affiliated voters will listen to the facts which show Hillary was not to blame.
(03-08-2016, 11:15 AM)Vlad Wrote: Shouldn't Hillary have a campaign slogan?

What a sloppy Photoshop job. Mellow
(03-08-2016, 12:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If a Republican tries to go there Hillary will just smack him down with the results of mall the bi-partisan investigations.

I know it is hard for some of you to understand, but there are people pout there who do not just automatically believe everything a person from their party says.  Almost a third of the public do not  identify with either party.  And those are the votes that decide many elections.

So in reality I am HOPING that the Republican candidate tries to bring that up in a debate.  While all of the Republicans watching will be high-fiveing each other the un-affiliated voters will listen to the facts which show Hillary was not to blame.

I think you're overestimating the voting public and underestimating the power of the sound byte.  We live in a world where, if something gets repeated enough, it becomes accepted as true.

Hillary's side of the campaign has not entered into nastiness.  Just wait until it does.  We'll see how she handles it.  She has enough baggage in her past that her opponent will have plenty to harp on.

Just keep repeating under FBI investigation enough and see how many Americans will really look into it to find the truth.