Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How come it's not Clinton for President?
Bill doesn't want Hillary tarnishing his good name.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-08-2016, 01:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Bill doesn't want Hillary tarnishing his good name.

Rep
(03-08-2016, 01:37 PM)McC Wrote: I think you're overestimating the voting public and underestimating the power of the sound byte.  We live in a world where, if something gets repeated enough, it becomes accepted as true.

Hillary's side of the campaign has not entered into nastiness.  Just wait until it does.  We'll see how she handles it.  She has enough baggage in her past that her opponent will have plenty to harp on.

Just keep repeating under FBI investigation enough and see how many Americans will really look into it to find the truth.

Look how many believe them just on this board....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-08-2016, 01:37 PM)McC Wrote: I think you're overestimating the voting public and underestimating the power of the sound byte.  We live in a world where, if something gets repeated enough, it becomes accepted as true.

Yeah, I know exactly how it works.  At the time of the '04 election over 60% of the general public thought Saddam Hussein was involved in the 9-11 attacks.

But in this case neither candidate is in the incumbent position where they have so much more control over the message to the country.  Incumbent presidents usually win because they have more control over the sound bytes the people hear.
(03-08-2016, 02:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: Look how many believe them just on this board....

ThumbsUp
(03-08-2016, 11:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Nothing warms my heart more than a Republican who thinks he has a legitimate attack against Hillary based on the Benghazi incident.  They actually think that the stuff they all fall for in the echo chamber will work on the general public.  

I'll bet Vlad still can't understand why we elected a President that was really born in Kenya. Smirk

Nothing warms my heart more than a knee jerk liberal jumping to conclusions.

Her quote placed on a campaign button is not aimed at Benghazi, nor was it my intention to revisit the Benghazi incident.

"What difference does it make if I'm a self serving, disingenuous, and a liar who's only goal is to establish a legacy...elect me anyway."
That's was the idea Fred.

But since YOU brought up Benghazi, regardless if the claims made against her were true or false, she was having a hissy fit during her testimony. 
Other than the phrase being a tad insensitive, "what difference does it make" how 4 Americans died says loud and clear shes hiding something and not being forthright.

You see nothing at all conspicuous there Fred?...or did Hillary make things better for you when she told family members of those killed "don't worry, we'll find the person who made that video."
She is scum.
(03-08-2016, 03:11 PM)Vlad Wrote: She is scum.

She is no more scum that the Republican congress who refused to look at the real problem in order to make a political circus of the deaths in Benghazi.

It was a political hack job and it failed.  The entire "What difference does it make?" comment was made about a mistake that was corrected within 2 weeks and benefited no one.  If you listen to her comment in context you will she that she was railing against the fact that congress was concentrating all their efforts on a meaningless mistake that had already been corrected instead of actually trying to address what happened or do something to keep it from happening again.  If congress was really concerned about the dead then why did they ignore the cause of their death or what could be done to prevent future deaths in order to make a political attack about a meaningless mistake?

Like I said.  I hope the Republicans try to throw up that line against her.  While the echo chamber will celebrate the un-affiliated will see what really happened.    
(03-08-2016, 03:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: She is no more scum that the Republican congress who refused to look at the real problem in order to make a political circus of the deaths in Benghazi.

It was a political hack job and it failed.  The entire "What difference does it make?" comment was made about a mistake that was corrected within 2 weeks and benefited no one.  If you listen to her comment in context you will she that she was railing against the fact that congress was concentrating all their efforts on a meaningless mistake that had already been corrected instead of actually trying to address what happened or do something to keep it from happening again.  If congress was really concerned about the dead then why did they ignore the cause of their death or what could be done to prevent future deaths in order to make a political attack about a meaningless mistake?

Like I said.  I hope the Republicans try to throw up that line against her.  While the echo chamber will celebrate the un-affiliated will see what really happened.    
Bottom line--they're all scum.  If they weren't scum when they started, the system turns them that way.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(03-08-2016, 02:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, I know exactly how it works.  At the time of the '04 election over 60% of the general public thought Saddam Hussein was involved in the 9-11 attacks.

But in this case neither candidate is in the incumbent position where they have so much more control over the message to the country.  Incumbent presidents usually win because they have more control over the sound bytes the people hear.

All I'm saying is, true or not true doesn't really matter all that much.  If it sounds like it might be true, that's all it takes.  There will be a lot of shots given and taken back and forth and if a thing is repeated enough, the truth becomes irrelevant.

Both nominees will say they'll run a clean, non-mud slinging campaign but neither side will.  I predict it will get nasty, embarrassing for America kind of nasty.

And it won't matter who is the better candidate.  All it will come down to is who yells the loudest and who spends the most money.  When it gets to the point that it takes a couple billion to be President, the system is seriously broken.  It ensures that only the major party candidates will ever have the remotest chance of being POTUS.  And both parties will continue to put up lousy candidates and it will always be a lesser of two evils choice.

And in Congress, both sides bury everything in politics.  Each side's existence is focused on keeping the other side from getting its way on anything.  There is no middle ground, the place where most of the true answers can probably be found.

We are way beyond the point of no return.  What's best for the people is far behind us now and it ain't coming back. 

Now, it's all about who puts on a better circus.  A bunch of people are going to give somebody two billion plus to put them in a 400,000 a year job.  

I lean more to the right than to the left politically.  I don't believe the government should be so big or be such an enabler.   And there's nobody I want to vote for.

I keep hoping for a guy like Trump, but without the crazy, to come along to win from the outside.  That is unlikely because the party he wants to represent will use all its mighty resources to stop him.

It's convenient for the Republicans that Trump is so crazy.  It makes their we're doing it for America almost believable.

The way I look at it, if the Rep's want to win the White House, come up with a better candidate or shut up and let the people decide.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll