Poll: They (the Bengals) will draft...
Best available players
Mostly injured players
Only Injured players
Trade every pick for a mediocre kicker
Hire a combat surgeon to perform onfield amputations
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How confident are you about the upcoming draft?
We have 1/3 to 1/2 of the scouts that most teams have and a GM and management team that hasn't won a playoff game in 28+ years.

Are we to believe that our scouts and management team is 2 to 3X smarter than the guys for the Patriots/Steelers/Ravens.
Reply/Quote
This depends on who the head coach will be in 2020.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 01:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: When you pick Top 3 or 5...you almost have to go BPA and not worry about need.

Do we have the ability to pick the BPA? our last few drafts have sucked .

Bengals should trade 1st pick and get 2 and 3 rounds. That way we don’t feel bad for waiting a draft on another player that will be injured from college and miss the 1st year or just suck.

Good news is we need everything so any pick of a 1/2 decent player at any position (except kicker) will be an improvement. New Dey

Like no way would we go LB there.

It looks like QB, OT, DE are what's there Top 5.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 09:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Sad but 100% accurate.

With the 1st pick of the 2nd Round...the Bengals select FB...

'Zac gets his guy. A+++. He's clearly running the show.'

Shit... This tram could use a fullback. I dunno know about pick 33 but still.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 09:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We have 1/3 to 1/2 of the scouts that most teams have and a GM and management team that hasn't won a playoff game in 28+ years.

Are we to believe that our scouts and management team is 2 to 3X smarter than the guys for the Patriots/Steelers/Ravens.

Do you think their scouts can zero in on the guys who will be injured before week 1 with the accuracy of our scouts? Doubt it. They haven't shown that ability.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 09:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Sad but 100% accurate.

With the 1st pick of the 2nd Round...the Bengals select FB...

'Zac gets his guy. A+++. He's clearly running the show.'

I know that I come off as negative but it’s really the same with the team every offseason and the bulk of the fans buy into it again and again.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 09:11 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Most on here will give it an A and talk about how they’ll win 10 games. It happens every year on here. People forget that other teams get to add players too. The best Free agents will all be signed and a week later the Bengals will begin to look for bargains on the cheap because they have grossly overpaid crappy guys that were already on the team. Isn’t this as consistent as an old Christmas record? It’s like the season tradition that gets the holidays rolling.. Bengals games don’t interfere with holiday plans because the games rarely matter, I guess that’s a silver lining to it all.

Good teams find a way to retain their own top talented players. They will let the 2nd and 3rd tier players walk that may have had one or two good recent years and are nearing 30 but have not been consistent for the club.

Bengals took some risk in 2015 and 2016; the risk of not resigning their own is why the team is where it is right now failing. 
Reply/Quote