Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did Allen look?
Better than Finley but worse than Dalton so... yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yep. I was kind of blown away by the drops. Brandon put a lot of great throws on the money and were just dropped. Also, can think of 2 PI's that weren't called. Although maybe there was more. I honestly think he earned the start for the rest of the season and think he will be better each game. No Joe Burrow by any means, not even close. More like a Gardner Minshew. 

He's not even close to Minshew.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Bengals were the worst team in the NFL last year.
This team has 2 wins this year.
This guy was on the practice squad of this team.
He performed as one should expect.
Reply/Quote
He looked much better than Finley, but much less than Dalton, and pretty damn far from Joe Burrow.. Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 09:26 PM)Destro Wrote: Bengals were the worst team in the NFL last year.
This team has 2 wins this year.
This guy was on the practice squad of this team.
He performed as one should expect.

2.5 wins, damn it!
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 08:15 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I started off watching that train wreck, but then say Hill had over 200 yards receiving in the first quarter, so changed the channel to see some actual action.

Remember when ZT was going to get "Tyreek Hill" production out of Ross?
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 09:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Remember when ZT was going to get "Tyreek Hill" production out of Ross?

I'm honestly surprised he can successfully get a turd out of his ass at this point. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 09:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm honestly surprised he can successfully get a turd out of his ass at this point. 

Why?  It's obvious that's where his playbook came from...
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 09:58 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Why?  It's obvious that's where his playbook came from...

I figured the playbook came out of Mr. Coach Klein's trash can. 

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 09:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Remember when ZT was going to get "Tyreek Hill" production out of Ross?

Anatomically impossible..  When you look at Ross' body composition, he looks like that frail kid who ran the best 100 time ever on a fluke day that his allergies weren't acting up.  When you look at T Hill, you see a dude that is stout for his stature, like if you made fun of him, he would kick your ass..  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
he didn't throw an INT i think..lots of fumbles thanks to our O-line.
Reply/Quote
He looked better than the 1st QB taken in the 2017 NFL draft.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: In all seriousness, he was far more poised than Finley.  His biggest problem was not having the clock going off in his head to get rid of it in time.  There were several times he had to get either get the ball out quicker or bail and run for it.  Each time he waited too long.

With that said, it doesn't look like he will ever develop to be more than an emergency option.

In all fairness,he was just signed from the practice squad.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 09:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's not even close to Minshew.

Would you feel that way had the receivers caught the balls? 

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 11:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Would you feel that way had the receivers caught the balls? 

Yeah. The passes that were dropped were realtively short. The deeper attempts didn't look very good. He had AJ break open and he threw the ball a bit (not too much) late, but then he compounded that by putting too much arc on it. He looks very indecisive and waits too long for receiver to actually get open before throwing the ball. Minshew made throws and got fans excited, kind of the same way Blake did around here in the mid 90s. 

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 09:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's not even close to Minshew.

Ya, hes more dan orlovsky
Reply/Quote
Denver would've killed to have Brandon Allen under center today.... Did you guys see THAT shit?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 10:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Anatomically impossible..  When you look at Ross' body composition, he looks like that frail kid who ran the best 100 time ever on a fluke day that his allergies weren't acting up.  When you look at T Hill, you see a dude that is stout for his stature, like if you made fun of him, he would kick your ass..  

Especially if you're his pregnant girlfriend or his son... Tyreek Hill can play football, but he's garbage.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I thought he looked ok. First game starting and was on the practice squad last week. Receivers dropped a lot of good thrown balls. Nobody's mentioning that point. He was far better than Finley. Although, dangerously better than Finley. He could possibly, actually almost surely, win us a game when we don't want one. So, if we are tanking for whoever? Better put Finley back in.

Not sure about that.

The only one he MIGHT win is DAL. But Dalton will have a revenge game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 12:54 AM)jason Wrote: Denver would've killed to have Brandon Allen under center today.... Did you guys see THAT shit?

Yea, this season is starting to border on "illegitimate," when you have teams starting wide-receivers at QB.
Reply/Quote