Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did Burfict do?
(10-08-2018, 11:51 AM)thillan Wrote: I know people seem to love Nick Vigil, but this is the 3rd time I believe he's missed an open field tackle on 3rd down. He's a liability on open field tackles.

Tackles don't tell the whole story. From what I've seen, he's made a lot of simple tackles, has made one good play in pass coverage this season (it was yesterday), and just cannot get the man when he's alone. 

Just my perspective though. I still have faith in his because he does bring some athleticism, and I don't think it's horrible to have him out there by any means.

You don't remember his 4 TFL this year? He's been hit and miss, but has made a lot of solid plays this year and he will always rack up the tackles.

Like 3WT said, its all about getting off blocks with him; that's it. If he's in space, he's usually on point, but when he's engaged, he can't get off and when he does, he's late to the tackle and misses it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You don't remember his 4 TFL this year? He's been hit and miss, but has made a lot of solid plays this year and he will always rack up the tackles.

Like 3WT said, its all about getting off blocks with him; that's it. If he's in space, he's usually on point, but when he's engaged, he can't get off and when he does, he's late to the tackle and misses it.

Seems like it's a split second's worth of indecision that bogs him down. And that's something that will likely evaporate with more experience and resultant confidence. He has the tools to make it all work. What I'm unsure of is his coaching because from where I sit, no linebacker is impressing up to this point of the season. That group is starting to compete with the OLine for the weakest.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You don't remember his 4 TFL this year? He's been hit and miss, but has made a lot of solid plays this year and he will always rack up the tackles.

I get the 4 TFL, but I feel like he often is just the first to get there for some gang tackles. 

Again, I don't think he's horrible, but he's not this breakout people want him to be. 

Our LBs overall look... not great. Really hope this core of Burfict and Brown gel into what they can be.
Reply/Quote
He was average for first game back.

Yet we are still ecstatic to have him back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Everybody misses tackles now and again, the guy on the other side is being paid to make them miss, don't forget. Kirk was asked about the long bomb Tannehill threw where he flagged for contact with the receiver. Burfict diagnosed that play and told Dre and Jackson they were going long prior to the snap. His football IQ is irreplaceable when paired with his physicality. 
Reply/Quote