Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did I miss this? Black Keys
So I throw on my headphones and go out to mow the lawn. I tune into iHeartRadio and kinda dreading this mow just because I didn’t feel like doing it and it was a long day. Then “Hi-Lo” is played by Black Keys which I never heard before, WTH? All the sudden, felt an adrenaline rush like I was coming around turn 4 at Daytona to win the race. Set me in an awesome mood for the rest of the day. Great song.

https://youtu.be/JILfwu5AWIQ

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not bad, not bad at all
Reply/Quote
I made it through the first 15 seconds before I determined it was garbage house band noise. But I'm glad it helped you with the yard mowing
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
It came across my Spotify the other day as new music. Been meaning to listen, but deadline is tomorrow and I don't try new song on deadline. Strictly modest mouse, lucero and Tito's until it's out. Maybe some Rob zombie.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 08:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So I throw on my headphones and go out to mow the lawn. I tune into iHeartRadio and kinda dreading this mow just because I didn’t feel like doing it and it was a long day. Then “Hi-Lo” is played by Black Keys which I never heard before, WTH? All the sudden, felt an adrenaline rush like I was coming around turn 4 at Daytona to win the race. Set me in an awesome mood for the rest of the day. Great song.

https://youtu.be/JILfwu5AWIQ

I love The Black Keys, and was stoked in the spring when I heard they would be touring in the fall for the new album.  The day before tickets went on sale I found the two closest shows to me, 1 in DC and 1 in Raleigh.  Cheapest ticket at either show was $173 each. Cry Needless to say I will not be seeing them...
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 09:36 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I love The Black Keys, and was stoked in the spring when I heard they would be touring in the fall for the new album.  The day before tickets went on sale I found the two closest shows to me, 1 in DC and 1 in Raleigh.  Cheapest ticket at either show was $173 each. Cry Needless to say I will not be seeing them...

That’s unfortunate. Would love to see these guys live but no way I would pay that much.

Reply/Quote
Oh, you kids and your new-fangled gadgets. In my day, I put in some ear plugs and just mowed, with no accompaniment to my mowing than my own thoughts. Did some of my best thinking as I circled the yard, left alone with my thoughts. Now we pay someone to mow the yard and I rarely find that sort of solitude. Still, it beats mowing.

The song wasn't bad.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 09:36 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I love The Black Keys, and was stoked in the spring when I heard they would be touring in the fall for the new album.  The day before tickets went on sale I found the two closest shows to me, 1 in DC and 1 in Raleigh.  Cheapest ticket at either show was $173 each. Cry Needless to say I will not be seeing them...
Bi-product of no one buying albums anymore. There's a Rolling Stones tribute band that pulled in over a million dollars in a year recently. If you have something worth seeing/hearing live, they'll pay for it. The sad part is, half of the place will be on their phones telling everyone how much fun they are having.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
So this thread made me check up on the tickets again. DC sold out and added a second show at similar costs. Raleigh, on the other hand, has dropped the prices of some tickets to $55. Unfortunately these are the nose-bleed seats at the back of the arena, and co-workers who were just at the venue a month ago, in similar seats, stated it was a very disappointing view.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 02:09 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Bi-product of no one buying albums anymore. There's a Rolling Stones tribute band that pulled in over a million dollars in a year recently. If you have something worth seeing/hearing live, they'll pay for it. The sad part is, half of the place will be on their phones telling everyone how much fun they are having.

the ***** worst.
Reply/Quote
So it seems I can now say I saw half of The Black Keys live. We went to Raleigh yesterday to catch Beck and Cage The Elephant. Both were stellar. During the intermission after Cage and before Beck, we were talking with the people behind us and they stated that The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach, who produced Cage The Elephant's last album, was one of the guitarists on stage. I had no idea what anyone from Cage or The Black Keys looked like prior to the show, so I wouldn't have known. Having looked at pictures of them all since, I do not doubt it was him...
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 09:41 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So it seems I can now say I saw half of The Black Keys live.  We went to Raleigh yesterday to catch Beck and Cage The Elephant.  Both were stellar.   During the intermission after Cage and before Beck, we were talking with the people behind us and they stated that The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach, who produced Cage The Elephant's last album, was one of the guitarists on stage.  I had no idea what anyone from Cage or The Black Keys looked like prior to the show, so I wouldn't have known.  Having looked at pictures of them all since, I do not doubt it was him...

Believe Auerbach is from the Cincy area as well. Love the Black Keys, great band. Brought back Rock N' Roll.

One of the few 2 man bands around.

Always liked Beck too, unfortunately the only song a lot of people here is Loser.

Thanks for the song Harley good stuff. Rock On
Reply/Quote
I'm with bfine; I'm... really... REALLY not a fan of the BK.

But on a better note, the Who is playing in Toronto on Tuesday and you can bet your ass that I'm going! Big Grin
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 04:33 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm with bfine; I'm... really... REALLY not a fan of the BK.

But on a better note, the Who is playing in Toronto on Tuesday and you can bet your ass that I'm going! Big Grin

Who?

Who are you?

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 04:33 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm with bfine; I'm... really... REALLY not a fan of the BK.

I hope that the show happens, and is great.  I had tickets to ZZ Top last year, they had to cancel due to health issues.  Likely that last time I take a chance on ancient rockers..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 07:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I hope that the show happens, and is great.  I had tickets to ZZ Top last year, they had to cancel due to health issues.  Likely that last time I take a chance on ancient rockers..

Sad

The Who rescheduled from June 1st to Tuesday (because of the Raptors playoffs) and I was worried that something would happen, but all looks good!

I hope they will stop touring after this lol; they're my favoourite band ever and always will be (Pete Townshend IMO is the most accomplished and skilled musician EVER, post-orchestra composers era), but they need to rest and stop making me spend money lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote