Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did Marvin not see the passive schemes of Guenther/Alexander?
Up until just a few years ago we had the players who could control the line of scrimage for the most part and PA didn't really stick out like a sore thumb. When he had to coach up inferior players he wasn't up to the task and it showed like an oozing, festering pimple on an otherwise perfect tit.. Put a nasty, ugly oozing pimple on a  perfect round ass and someone is going to notice . I think that was part of the problem.. Too bad when we had Whit and Zietler we didn't have a decent line coach to make them even better . Instead we had a festering pimple about to ooze..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 02:47 PM)3wt Wrote: Saw what you did.  And he put some nasty on the end of the block.   Maybe there's hope?

I just posted that in another thread, he friggin stuck him good! Pollack likes him, so maybe there is hope...
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 02:51 PM)grampahol Wrote: Up until just a few years ago we had the players who could control the line of scrimage for the most part and PA didn't really stick out like a sore thumb. When he had to coach up inferior players he wasn't up to the task and it showed like an oozing, festering pimple on an otherwise perfect tit.. Put a nasty, ugly oozing pimple on a  perfect round ass and someone is going to notice . I think that was part of the problem.. Too bad when we had Whit and Zietler we didn't have a decent line coach to make them even better . Instead we had a festering pimple about to ooze..  

Hey man, i hate on PA more than about anyone but that is rough Gramps. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 02:47 PM)3wt Wrote: Saw what you did.  And he put some nasty on the end of the block.   Maybe there's hope?

Never would of thought it before, but maybe...
Reply/Quote
As much as I can't stand Marvin, I doubt PA sticking around so long was his decision. PA and Mike are/were good buddies. I think a huge reason Marv agreed to come back was because Mike finally relented and let PA walk
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2018, 08:21 PM)impactplaya Wrote: whats getting my attention so far through 4 days of training camp is how the players are taking notice of the more aggressive nature of the oline and how the defense  is more take away conscience
and attacking.
how in the heck did Marvin not see this last year in training camp.
what does he say "i see better than i hear"
well last year he must have been totally blind to.what Alexander and Guenther was teaching coaching
was Marvin so.out of touch last year?
im just flabbergasted how 2 organizations as storied as the Cowboys and Raiders hired those 2.

Marvin probably saw it, but he might have trusted those two guys to do a good job still. And in fairness to Guenther and even Alexander, they did have some success. If I was an OC or DC, I sure wouldn't want my boss to be super micromanaging such that I couldn't implement my own philosophies.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2018, 08:21 PM)impactplaya Wrote: whats getting my attention so far through 4 days of training camp is how the players are taking notice of the more aggressive nature of the oline and how the defense  is more take away conscience
and attacking.
how in the heck did Marvin not see this last year in training camp.
what does he say "i see better than i hear"
well last year he must have been totally blind to.what Alexander and Guenther was teaching coaching
was Marvin so.out of touch last year?
im just flabbergasted how 2 organizations as storied as the Cowboys and Raiders hired those 2.

Look no further than self appointed GM Mikey boy Brown.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 12:16 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: That's odd that Zampeze would have a contract that expired 2 games into the season...

Sadly, it was very odd that we spent a mere 18 games with a coach who was so clearly unfit for his job.  
Reply/Quote
Geunthar was and is still one of the best DCs in the league.  His production proves it.  We had the best pass defense in the league while he was here.

Alexander was also a good coach who was well respected around the league.  People talk about "passive" zone blocking, but zone blocking has been used for years in the NFL with a lot of success.

Zampese was the only coach that was a real failure last year.  He was a good QB coach that was out of his league as an OC.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 02:01 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Everyone knows that this organization doesn't get rid of coaches unless there contract is up and that's what happened with those 2.

Ken Zampese begs to differ.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 12:16 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: That's odd that Zampeze would have a contract that expired 2 games into the season...

(08-01-2018, 12:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ken Zampese begs to differ.
His contract was up at the end of last season and he was made the scape goat of the team because the offense was so bad.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote