Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did Price play
(11-02-2020, 11:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Completely agree. But Burrow was getting hit quite a bit while Hop was Center too...

Did we even give up a sack to the Titans? Don't think so.

We were playing teams with far better pass rushes when Hopkins was in there. Titans should have had at least 1 sack (maybe 2) without Joe’s escapes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We were playing teams with far better pass rushes when Hopkins was in there. Titans should have had at least 1 sack (maybe 2) without Joe’s escapes.

That was just nutz when Joe escaped like 5 tackles. Dude is crazy cool lol
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That was just nutz when Joe escaped like 5 tackles. Dude is crazy cool lol

That one, the sideline catch by Tee, and the no look catch by Boyd were all highlight reel worthy plays. This offense is really fun to watch.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That one, the sideline catch by Tee, and the no look catch by Boyd were all highlight reel worthy plays. This offense is really fun to watch.

I have never seen what Burrow does, especially as a rookie QB. Agree, first time in awhile I have had a great time watching our O.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have never seen what Burrow does, especially as a rookie QB. Agree, first time in awhile I have had a great time watching our O.

Yeah... It's been 5 years. I caught myself getting up outta my seat last week when Gio scored what should've been the game winner... I remember thinking "Whoa... Where'd that emotion come from?". It's been a while. It beats the hell outta staring blankly at the screen or just not watching.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Allow me to say a comment that I've laughed at for the past 10 years:

No QB in the NFL could do better behind this Oline.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Completely agree. But Burrow was getting hit quite a bit while Hop was Center too...

Did we even give up a sack to the Titans? Don't think so.

No, but Clowney came untouched and whiffed and Burrow did his best Steve Young impersonation on another play. I keep hearing no sacks or hits, but have heard nothing about the number of pressures.
Reply/Quote
Price played ok I was happy for him. I think some people think Price played great because he plays so horrible as a guard it's one extreme to another far as horrible play vs. solid play lol. Big picture I still think Hopkins is the starter. Like others have said neither one can play guard.
Reply/Quote
I have no idea how PFF graded him so low. I saw him come off blocks late to pick up a blitzer. I saw Burrow have room to step up in the pocket instead of always retreating. I also know Tennessee has one of the best DTs in the game.

Price wasn't going to the Pro Bowl after this game, and maybe his two errant snaps are graded very harshly, but overall given the back and forth on what the Bengals are asking him to do, I thought he played very well. I feel for the guy as the early injuries were such that he probably developed some bad habits. A foot and back injury is about the worst thing you can have for a lineman.

I thought it was cool that he got a game ball and the team really seemed to be genuinely happy for him.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Allow me to say a comment that I've laughed at for the past 10 years:

Yes Burrow is better than Ginger Tarzan, but nobody else has played behind that line so there is no control in your study.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 04:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Depends if you like OSU or not.

This
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Allow me to say a comment that I've laughed at for the past 10 years:

Better than being the 25th ranked QB on a 2-5-1 team?

[Image: o.249.jpg]
Reply/Quote
When we drafted Price I thought he might never be the All-Pro type of player you want to get in the first round, but I had no idea his floor would be so low. I thought at worst he would be at least a solid, dependable starter.

I can't say how he played Sunday because I did not pay attention to him, but he has looked terrible over the last two years. To me his play last year was the biggest disappointment on a team full of disappointments. I really thought his poor rookie season was due to recovering from injury over the off season. I was really counting on him to provide a big upgrade to the O-line in 2019.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 06:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When we drafted Price I thought he might never be the All-Pro type of player you want to get in the first round, but I had no idea his floor would be so low. I thought at worst he would be at least a solid, dependable starter.

I can't say how he played Sunday because I did not pay attention to him, but he has looked terrible over the last two years. To me his play last year was the biggest disappointment on a team full of disappointments. I really thought his poor rookie season was due to recovering from injury over the off season. I was really counting on him to provide a big upgrade to the O-line in 2019.

Preface, I don’t think Price is a good zone lineman because of his limited lateral movement and short arms.

His play last year was also affected by injuries as well. He had a foot injury in the first half of the season and a back injury in second half. So, this is actually his first injury free season.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:27 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: No, but Clowney came untouched and whiffed and Burrow did his best Steve Young impersonation on another play. I keep hearing no sacks or hits, but have heard nothing about the number of pressures.

True, need to clean that shit up. Think we had quite a few pressures, you cannot let Clowney come free like that.

I also keep hearing how bad of a pass rush the Titans have but they have good players in Clowney and Beasley and that DT.

Forget his name, maybe it is more scheme with these guys why they haven't played well.

Hope our O-line is just improving is my main hope. Either way, it is a positive from what we have seen.
Reply/Quote
I thought billy did ok.

Has anyone watched the replay of the play where Burrow broke those tackles? I watched JTO’s ‘QB School’ Breakdown of the game. Price was absolutely positively standing around 15 yards away from that play not blocking a soul. Pretty bad look. Hopefully he learned a lesson (a lesson he should already know tbh). Don’t stop til you hear the whistle .. particularly with a QB capable of extending plays.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 09:30 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I thought billy did ok.

Has anyone watched the replay of the play where Burrow broke those tackles? I watched JTO’s ‘QB School’ Breakdown of the game. Price was absolutely positively standing around 15 yards away from that play not blocking a soul. Pretty bad look. Hopefully he learned a lesson (a lesson he should already know tbh). Don’t stop til you hear the whistle .. particularly with a QB capable of extending plays.

Missed Price standing around...

Will watch again and judge properly. Just at first notice I thought Price had a good game considering his career so far.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 09:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, need to clean that shit up. Think we had quite a few pressures, you cannot let Clowney come free like that.

I also keep hearing how bad of a pass rush the Titans have but they have good players in Clowney and Beasley and that DT.

Forget his name, maybe it is more scheme with these guys why they haven't played well.

Hope our O-line is just improving is my main hope. Either way, it is a positive from what we have seen.

Jeffery Simmons and don’t forget Harold Landry.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 09:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Missed Price standing around...

Will watch again and judge properly. Just at first notice I thought Price had a good game considering his career so far.

JT really focused on it in the QB school video.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 09:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, need to clean that shit up. Think we had quite a few pressures, you cannot let Clowney come free like that.

The Titans are cutting Vic Beasley and Johnathan Joseph tommorrow.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote