Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did your 2017 NFL Fantasy Teams do ?
I made play-offs with one team in CBS Fantasy. The others did OK. I think drafting RB early was a good move. I found out year before that you can't get RB's much after the draft. Fantasy Owners load up on RB and refuse to cut anybody worth anything, some having too many RB's. I'm glad I never got Elliott. One team I got Johnson who was injured all year, and I never really was able to add on a top RB to that team. The Bears Howard was a good pick for my teams even if CBS Fantasy put me down for drafting him early.

After my RB's, I had good seasons with QB's such as Brees and Rivers. I seem to be good at getting WR's on board after first 2 rounds I go RB, and adding free agent WR's that get red hot during season. Both years WR is no problem with so many good ones. I had to drop Patriots D early. Saints were OK and if owners dropped Steelers or Vikings D, I was all over it adding them. Patriots were good D at end of season. I feel D and kicker are late round picks. Also TE unless you can get a monster TE early. I took Eifert mid round as often as I could in hopes he would be a steal, He Wasn't and quickly cut. Those who took Gronk had him injured most of year. Most NFL TE's very inconsistent. So I think next season will be RB the first 2 rounds again, and then looking for QB's and WR's and a good #3 RB.

Practicing the Mock Drafts helped. I had to learn again how to click on and draft my players. I found out how to load up my list of players I wanted, so when it was my turn I wasn't searching all over, just picking from my created list of who was still on board. It was fun. I seemed to follow the Saints on TV more in 2017 with most of my teams having Brees and their D sometimes. Rivers put up great numbers on my play-off team. I look for young Bortles and Jaguars RB and WR's to be be good options in 2018, they look up and coming and maybe a dynasty on the rise.

This old grandpa in his 60's is discovering Fantasy Football makes me want to watch other games besides just my Bengals, which is good. It even brings some reason to watch often dull Thanksgiving turkeys for first time in years. Now Feb, I soon will be picking my baseball near end of March. I like getting those rare pitchers people beg me to trade them all season, such as a Kershaw. I think I'll draft closer last this year. Last year after season started I decided to dump my top drafted closers I took too high, and load up on more starters and hitters. Pitchers that are listed as both starter and reliever to me are great. If I can have days with 2 starters and then some starters in the reliever section, I bang down innings and wins and K's. Most relievers are inconsistent, get moved out of closer role, get injured. Next month I won't draft closers, just relievers that are also listed as starters. Maybe one closer in last rounds, maybe. I'll go big on starters and hitters. Altuve is like a Pete Rose or Ichiro, he gives you hits and runs every year. A good third base hitter is a leg up over other teams. If Reds don't rise from last place, I can still enjoy baseball through Fantasy Teams. Oh, besides pitchers listed as starters and relievers so I can sneak in more starters, I also like good hitters listed at several positions. That guy for Washington listed at third and first for example, or guy for Cubs listed as third and OF. Pete Rose said those guys that play other positions make a managers job easier. In Fantasy Baseball with injuries and off days, they certainly do make my fantasy manager job easier. Now some guys listed at many positions never get off the bench, but starters that are listed at extra positions are great. To me baseball is filling in the blanks, because those week days of few batters and few or no starters kills you. I guess I look for the Pete Rose types, good hitters listed at several positions. Good starting pitchers listed as starter and reliever.

So, How did your 2017 NFL Fantasy Teams go. Who were good picks, surprise late picks or amazing during season free agent add on's ?
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I went to the championship in my CBS fantasy league only to lose because one of my players sat out the last week. Second place was still good out of 12 teams. As for my Yahoo leagues, injuries cost me dearly and I finished near the bottom in all 3 leagues. Looking forward to next year.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I won the regular season in our league and came in 2nd in our playoffs.  Losing A. Brown hurt a lot in the championship game, but even if I had him and he went off for another 40 points, I still would have lost.  The other team had T. Gurley, Melvin Gordan and Dion Lewis who combined had 105 points.  oh well, still a good year for me.  made my money back and little bit of theirs as well. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
As I look back at my fantasy teams past year, We did some good things. There are things we need to do better. I just can't seem to get past the playoffs. Ninja

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 04:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: As I look back at my fantasy teams past year, We did some good things. There are things we need to do better. I just can't seem to get past the playoffs. Ninja

Doesn't count, you didn't giggle.

It was a tale of two seasons for me, as Lap might say.  I started out 2-0 and was feeling pretty good about things.  But, like a Dave Shula Bengal team, that 2-0 start evaporated quickly and the season went to shit.  I didn't finish in last place in my league, the only saving grace. 

We'll get 'em next year.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote