Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did your Super Bowl party turn out?
We had 24 people here including myself. We had BBQ pulled pork, mac & cheese, stuffed mushrooms, cheese dip, chili, hotdogs, baked beans, cake, brownies, and a lot of alcohol. The Bengals made this a great game to the end and played with a lot of heart. Yes, fans we're disappointed after the loss, but they walked away proud of what they have been able to achieve this year. Not to mention we now have real hope going into next season. 

I have a pretty good circle and I was not only proud of the Bengals, but also very proud of my guests. Everyone brought a dish. Everyone mingled and were very respectful and not one person got to idiot mode (which sometimes could happen mixing alcohol and a disappointing end). We hung out after the game and had fun. No loud party music or shit like that. Just good times and I don't think 1 person bitched or blamed the team for losing. They were all just pretty proud of this franchise. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
15 adults in the house. A bunch of children that we made stay in the basement. Everyone had a good time, and although there were varying degrees of fandom, everyone was glued to the TV in the 4th quarter. Moderate drinking. I ended up netting a ton of booze, and we have enough pizza, nachos, and fixthins left over to have another party tonight.

Good time, good people, less than good ending.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Pain.....
Reply/Quote
Hung out with between 10-15 people, not sure of the total count. Only two of us cared about the game - me and my best friend, who is a Rams fan. The guy hosting the party was a Bears fan but wasn't super engaged. The crowd was pro-Bengals though, only to root against my buddy if anything. Really tense game, both of us were uncomfortable the entire time. We had some fun and celebrated, cheered etc. When the game was over, my buddy started crying. We stayed, chatted for a little bit and ate then everyone left. Pretty tame.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 06:50 PM)Tony Wrote: Pain.....

Your holding on to this loss and you really shouldn't. It was a great year.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 06:51 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Your holding on to this loss and you really shouldn't. It was a great year.

It was soul crushing. Worst today than when it happened. It was right there for the taking... We had pizza and Beer and the Beer was gone by the end of the night..
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 06:51 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Your holding on to this loss and you really shouldn't. It was a great year.

To be fair, it’s not even been a full day. The buildup to this (at least for me) was 25 years of bad to mediocre football, craving some real success. When we finally got it, I got high off that feeling, and it’s a tough comedown.

They’ll be back, but this one was magical, and I wanted one more W. I understand reasonable frustration at this point.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
Our party had a Spiderman theme as it was my now 5-year-old twin great-nephews' birthday party. It transitioned into the Super Bowl. The boys got presents and cake so they were happy. The cousins were happy with the cake and Shirley Temples made by the (grand) Papa. The adults keeping in mind that by the end of the game we had several cranky children coming off a sugar high managed not to yell at the tv too much

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 06:55 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: To be fair, it’s not even been a full day. The buildup to this (at least for me) was 25 years of bad to mediocre football, craving some real success. When we finally got it, I got high off that feeling, and it’s a tough comedown.

They’ll be back, but this one was magical, and I wanted one more W. I understand reasonable frustration at this point.

This feels worst than the 2-14 lost years... 
I still love the Bengals though.. Till the day I die..
Reply/Quote
We had a good time could have ended better. Proud of the team, players, coaches and front office everyone played a part, and we can make a run at it every year with them.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 06:54 PM)Tony Wrote: It was soul crushing. Worst today than when it happened. It was right there for the taking... We had pizza and Beer and the Beer was gone by the end of the night..

(02-14-2022, 06:55 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: To be fair, it’s not even been a full day. The buildup to this (at least for me) was 25 years of bad to mediocre football, craving some real success. When we finally got it, I got high off that feeling, and it’s a tough comedown.

Not trying to piss on your disappointment. I get it. 

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 06:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not trying to piss on your disappointment. I get it. 

It's ok buddy.. We all handle it differently. I'm glad some people or positive or it will be a real shit show here...
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 06:56 PM)Tony Wrote: This feels worst than the 2-14 lost years... 

Ha…I won’t go that far. The last place years get me bored. At least there is a chance for something here. A 13 win Super Bowl year was fantastic.

BUT…lots of build up = lots of letdown
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 07:02 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Ha…I won’t go that far. The last place years get me bored. At least there is a chance for something here. A 13 win Super Bowl year was fantastic.

BUT…lots of build up = lots of letdown

Yea it was a fun ride... The were there right until the final seconds... We have a history of heartbreaking superbowl losses now.. All 3 of them.. I guess not winning a super bowl is better than not winning a playoff game..
Reply/Quote
It was a smaller get together, which is why I went. But it went good, and as for the game, I was pretty much over it not long over it ended. I do get however how it can be gut wrenching for a lot of fans, and will take time to get over. For me though, it's just a game at the end of my day.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 06:56 PM)Tony Wrote: This feels worst than the 2-14 lost years... 

This one feels worse than the other two.  I truly feel the Bengals were better were it not for our offensive OL.   ONE PLAY...either on offense or on defense....ONE PLAY is all that was needed. There's no guarantee we'll ever be in this situation again. I feel your pain, Tony.
Reply/Quote
We had a small gathering just 6 of us but my wife went all out with Bengals decorations, balloons etc. she’s awesome because to find that type of Bengals stuff is rare out here. Only one guy got really pissed at the end and yelled a couple of words he shouldn’t have but I think he’s OK now (guess who that guy was?)
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 06:51 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Hung out with between 10-15 people, not sure of the total count. Only two of us cared about the game - me and my best friend, who is a Rams fan. The guy hosting the party was a Bears fan but wasn't super engaged. The crowd was pro-Bengals though, only to root against my buddy if anything. Really tense game, both of us were uncomfortable the entire time. We had some fun and celebrated, cheered etc. When the game was over, my buddy started crying. We stayed, chatted for a little bit and ate then everyone left. Pretty tame.

What's her name? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Indigestion and heartburn. Everyone was just stunned as we watched the final Rams drive. Flashbacks and disbelief that it was happening again....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Hosted parties to every game except this one where I went to the Elks club who hosted a party and many of my Bengals friends are members there.

Good food, good people, but a disappointed ending. But unlike many SB's it was entertaining until the last play.

Nobody was real happy at games conclusion, yet nobody was mad or devastated either.

So blame me for loss by not hosting friends and going to party instead. My fault again, sorry.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote