Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do we back in to the playoffs?
I think both games are winnable; however, I can also see a loss just as easily.

So, if we lose to the Chiefs and Stains…..

What scenarios must take place for us to get in?

This is confusing to me.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:48 AM)Whacked Wrote: I think both games are winnable; however, I can also see a loss just as easily.

This is confusing to me.

One way is for the Ravens to lose to the Rams and Browns-Steelers to end in a tie

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:48 AM)Whacked Wrote: I think both games are winnable; however, I can also see a loss just as easily.

This is confusing to me.

Just sticking within our division, we would get in if:

1- LA beats the Ravens today

2- Steelers beat the Browns tomorrow night

3- Ravens beat Steelers next week.

We would be tied with the Ravens but hold the tiebreaker. The Browns and Steelers would fall a win short of us.
Reply/Quote
They’d still win the division if the Rams beat the Ravens and the Steelers beat the Browns in week 17, then the Ravens would need to beat the Steelers in week 18.

There are some wildcard possibilities, but they involve several games going the Bengals’ way. After this week, you’ll know which ones may end up being possible, if any.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If we lose the last two, I don't even want to see us in the playoffs.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:10 AM)Interceptor Wrote: If we lose the last two, I don't even want to see us in the playoffs.

But if we lose the last two we are due for a 2 game winning streak!
Reply/Quote
Thanks All

So messy but glad there are still possibilities.

@ Interceptor. Meh. As long as we get in.
This city deserves something / anything.

Regardless, it’s been an undeniably fun year.
Reply/Quote
Charger loss to Broncos is most important wildcard game
Reply/Quote
We have to win today...It would sicken me, and a lot of us, to have to root for the Steelers tomorrow

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:33 AM)pally Wrote: We have to win today...It would sicken me, and a lot of us, to have to root for the Steelers tomorrow

Just think of it as rooting for the Bengals best interest. Pitt SuxClev SuxBalt Sux
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:10 AM)Interceptor Wrote: If we lose the last two, I don't even want to see us in the playoffs.

It hurts, but so true....
Reply/Quote
Rooting for the Steelers to win so the Bengals get in? That's like screwing your cousin because you're both ugly af. I'd rather miss the playoffs. Shouldn't have to depend on another team to get you in. Especially a division rival. Gross.
Reply/Quote

The experience is invaluable for a young team no matter what, so for future success you want them to get a crack this year.
Reply/Quote

I want the playoffs regardless of how we get there-and still think we make it one way or the other even if we lose out. If we lose the last two and still get in we still earned it. Just not at the last minute. The whole teams that backed in don’t deserve the playoffs has always been bs. If you back in that means A-you earned your way in through the beginning and middle of the season, and B-nobody else came in and earned it even though you opened the door for them to steal it.

You make the playoffs you deserve to be there no matter how you got there. This team especially is capable of getting hot and going on a run at any moment. There are no teams I’d feel like we couldn’t beat in the playoffs this year. Some that I would expect to beat us but none that I would give us less than a 25% chance to win.

I’ll take a playoff birth however we can get it and be excited about our team having a shot at a playoff win in the WC round no matter what. Maybe they’d win, maybe not, but I’d rather see them have a shot-especially with Burrow as our QB. He isn’t going to shit the bed. Been a long time since I’ve felt that confident in our QB in a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:29 AM)M.W. Wrote: But if we lose the last two we are due for a 2 game winning streak!

noooooo, not another super bowl loss. lol
Reply/Quote
To answer the OP, we can get in by winning the division with the scenarios already mentioned. Each team losing one or Cle/Pitt tie and bal loss.

Or we get in with a tiebreaker at 9-8 if we have 2+ 9-8 teams tied with us in almost every tie breaker scenario with that many 9-8 teams. We lose if it’s only us and Chargers at 9-8 due to head to head. We lose tiebreaker with multiple teams if the pats fall to 9-8 too, but most scenarios with us and 2 other teams tied at 9-8 involve us making it.

If Baltimore and Cleveland both win out then we are in trouble though. Or if a bunch of WC contenders win out. If most go 1-1 we are in good shape.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:57 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: noooooo, not another super bowl loss. lol

Bad, but I'll take the appearance every time.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:33 AM)pally Wrote: We have to win today...It would sicken me, and a lot of us, to have to root for the Steelers tomorrow

so lets have a tie.. woohoo
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 12:08 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: To answer the OP, we can get in by winning the division with the scenarios already mentioned. Each team losing one or Cle/Pitt tie and bal loss.

Or we get in with a tiebreaker at 9-8 if we have 2+ 9-8 teams tied with us in almost every tie breaker scenario with that many 9-8 teams. We lose if it’s only us and Chargers at 9-8 due to head to head. We lose tiebreaker with multiple teams if the pats fall to 9-8 too, but most scenarios with us and 2 other teams tied at 9-8 involve us making it.

If Baltimore and Cleveland both win out then we are in trouble though. Or if a bunch of WC contenders win out. If most go 1-1 we are in good shape.

Thank you
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:57 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Just sticking within our division, we would get in if:

1- LA beats the Ravens today

2- Steelers beat the Browns tomorrow night

3- Ravens beat Steelers next week.

We would be tied with the Ravens but hold the tiebreaker. The Browns and Steelers would fall a win short of us.

Not at all what I want to happen, but if by some chance the Pig has some magic (read: officiating help) tomorrow night and knocks off the Browns, not only do I think they lose the following week to the Ravens, but the Bengals would be facing a team that would likely IR all their injured players and bag the last game.  

If you don't believe me about that Browns final game, if the Browns beat Cincy, they would send the steelers to the playoffs, should they (the steelers) beat the Ravens in the final week of the season.  
Reply/Quote