Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do we fix the running game Zac?
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Taylor says, " We keep losing the 1 on 1 battles." No shit Zac, we see what's going on, what do you and the front office plan to do about it?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 07:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Should the line be this bad?

The line right now is Hart/Redmond/Hopkins/Price and Jerry. 4 of those guys played last year when Mixon led the AFC in rushing.

They were showing the overhead view, all 22 or whatever on one of those 1st half Mixon runs. Price totally whiffed, never touched the Dlineman. Mixon was stuffed for no gain. 

It's a different guy every play. Next play Redmond whiffs. It's just overall team ineptness. 
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 07:41 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: They were showing the overhead view, all 22 or whatever on one of those 1st half Mixon runs. Price totally whiffed, never touched the Dlineman. Mixon was stuffed for no gain. 

It's a different guy every play. Next play Redmond whiffs. It's just overall team ineptness. 

Kind of like they don't practice the right things.
Reply/Quote
WOW, messed up numbers!
Reply/Quote
I've wondered out loud during games.......are they really this bad ?

Do they just not give a shit ? Are they confused as to who to block ? It's not like these guys just starting blocking last week.

I dunno the answer ?
Reply/Quote
Fire the whole damn staff including Zack and hopeMike Brown finds another hobby. That’s how the running game is fixed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I don’t know what the issue is, but Mixon isn’t running with the same ‘Le’Veon Bell’ patience.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 07:47 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've wondered out loud during games.......are they really this bad ?

Do they just not give a shit ? Are they confused as to who to block ? It's not like these guys just starting blocking last week.

I dunno the answer ?

Yeah I mean for this game it was 4 of our starters from last year and John Jerry.

Last year these guys were decent.

Early in the year, you'd see 2 guys double someone and let another guy run free.
Reply/Quote
Last year before he broke his ankle, Eifert was tearing it up on offense. This year he is M.I.A. for the most part.
Reply/Quote
I still believe this team is tanking and nobody wants to admit it. Since they won't make trades worth making and won't dab deep into free agency the only thing left is the draft so might as well go ahead and tank for best possible draft position.   Those 9 and 10th picks weren't cutting it and everyone knows it. 
They all talk like they've been studying the big book of motivational speaking to fool the public, but I think the plan all along has been to tank this season for draft position. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 07:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah I mean for this game it was 4 of our starters from last year and John Jerry.

Last year these guys were decent.

Early in the year, you'd see 2 guys double someone and let another guy run free.

They weren’t decent last year. It’s been a glaring weakness for some time. 
Reply/Quote
I think it's 85% coaching, 15% injuries to blame.
Reply/Quote
Ehhh..it's all on us fans. We don't pray hard enough for victory or losing for that matter..
Pray for losing Bengals fans!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Giving up 4000 yards passing is a bad year. But 3000 yards rushing!?!?
Reply/Quote
Through 7 games, we have 128 carries for 372 yards.

53.1 yards/game
2.9 yards/carry

We miss Pollack dearly. People forget, but the run game was nearly this bad 2 years ago.

That man was a miracle worker, apparently.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 07:39 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is on Jim Turner.  He’s absolutely incompetent.  Did you see Cedric Ogbuehi at left tackle for Jacksonville?  He played extremely well.  Cincinnati has consistently hired substandard coordinators and position coaches ever since Mike Zimmer left.

Speaking of Zimmer .. GO VIKES!!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 08:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Through 7 games, we have 128 carries for 372 yards.

53.1 yards/game
2.9 yards/carry

We miss Pollack dearly. People forget, but the run game was nearly this bad 2 years ago.

That man was a miracle worker, apparently.
We miss Glenn &  Boiling as well along with Williams. Hell I miss the shit out of Whitworth & Zeitler.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 08:52 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We miss Glenn &  Boiling as well along with Williams. Hell I miss the shit out of Whitworth & Zeitler.

I miss when this team was proactive about fixing glaring problems via free agency.

Oh wait that time never existed.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I said before the Seattle game that was the matchup I wanted to watch. We've struggled in both run defense and running the ball coming into the year. Oddly, against Seattle we did decent stopping the run. We've gotten run over since then. And we just haven't been able to run block or pass block all year. That's the biggest area of concern. The talent level on the oline is concerning, and we saw it coming into the year. But the coaching staff hasn't done much to show they are creative enough or intelligent enough schematically to overcome these deficiencies. I was hoping to at least see a spark of creativity from the coaches. Nothing.

I actually liked Lazor's offense more at this point. He put up some great numbers early in the year before his starters got injured. He was great in the red zone. He actually forged some sort of running game, despite the talent deficient offensive line. He spread the ball around pretty well. I haven't seen anything from ZT as a play-caller. Everything seems predictable. The offensive line doesn't make it easy on him; but you still expect to see some sort of spark of creativity. I see a lot of predictable screen passes.
Reply/Quote