Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do we pass up on Goedert at 21?
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23190025/2018-nfl-draft-how-south-dakota-state-tight-end-dallas-goedert-became-projected-first-round-pick

Still not over this Goedert guy. He’s a freak. I think we’re in the perfect spot to grab him at 21. I dont see the patriots passing on this kinda talent a couple picks later. We could be absolutely stacked with playmakers, and take a game changer out of the hands of the patriots. Imagine eifert and green and Goedert in the red zone this year...

I would be shocked if we cant get one of the top centers in round 2. Ragnow is projected to go in round 2 or 3, so he should be there. If not, we can nab price or daniels there.

Goedert just has the perfect body to play tight end. He has huge hands, catches everything, and eifert-like potential as a route runner. How do you pass that up?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S8XIc9WLYOI
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The goedert pick would have me sick to my stomach like Ross last year. Tight end is not a need. Eifert who’s a pro bowler Kroft who I like better and I’d love to see more reps in ozomah and they really like schrek. I know contracts are up next year but that’s why u resign dudes. We need a center a tackle a DTACKLE a safety a linebacker etc the list goes on and on with tight end imo being near the bottom. This right now is the only pick that worries me I’d be cool with really any other position. ughhh goederts a savage he’s a hell of a player I just don’t wanna go tight end. Badly.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 11:05 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23190025/2018-nfl-draft-how-south-dakota-state-tight-end-dallas-goedert-became-projected-first-round-pick

Still not over this Goedert guy. He’s a freak. I think we’re in the perfect spot to grab him at 21. I dont see the patriots passing on this kinda talent a couple picks later. We could be absolutely stacked with playmakers, and take a game changer out of the hands of the patriots. Imagine eifert and green and Goedert in the red zone this year...

I would be shocked if we cant get one of the top centers in round 2. Ragnow is projected to go in round 2 or 3, so he should be there. If not, we can nab price or daniels there.

Goedert just has the perfect body to play tight end. He has huge hands, catches everything, and eifert-like potential as a route runner. How do you pass that up?

Another TE in the first? Yikes. No thanks. MUCH bigger needs elsewhere, and the best TEs in the league have been mid-round picks, so the opportunity for value later should be there the next two years.
Reply/Quote
If Goedert is there in round 2 they may consider him. But since Eifert has been signed to a show-me deal, I think an Eifert clone albeit a healthy one will not be the pick. If anything, they will go Andrews or Hayden Hurst. Goedert is my favorite TE this year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I’d rather have Goesecki or Hurst, maybe even Andrews, than Goedert (obviously not talking first round only). I’ve watched his clips and I don’t see top echelon athleticism and he doesn’t run crisp routes, everything is rounded off, which knocks him out of the first round for me.
Reply/Quote
I would think we pass him up pretty easily.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 11:05 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23190025/2018-nfl-draft-how-south-dakota-state-tight-end-dallas-goedert-became-projected-first-round-pick

How do you pass that up? The Bengals have the worst OLine in the league, thats how.

I dont care what the projected Oline position is Guard, Center, OT.......... this team has little Oline talent and needs a lot of it.

Draft the bodies, get them in the building, and let Coach Pollack figure out where they go.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 04:41 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: How do you pass that up? The Bengals have the worst OLine in the league, thats how.

I dont care what the projected Oline position is Guard, Center, OT.......... this team has little Oline talent and needs a lot of it.

Draft the bodies, get them in the building, and let Coach Pollack figure out where they go.

I can see I'm alone with this opinion. That's cool. I just feel like if we pass him up in a couple years (or earlier) we could be saying, wow, why did we pass up on this guy? as he's catching around 10 touchdowns a year. Maybe I'm jumping the gun but I see a lot of potential with this guy. 

As far as the offensive line. We already got our left tackle. We can get our center in 2, and find another offensive tackle or guard in the 3rd round. Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy drafting a center in the first round--I'd be happy with McGlinchey if he falls too, I wouldn't mind Hernandez either. But it doesn't change the feeling that we'll be missing out on a rare talent. 
Reply/Quote

You pass it up.  That is how you pass it up.  Just as you pass up QB, RB and WR early in draft.  We need Blocking first and Tackling second.  Blocking and Tackling, THAT is what we need.  How do you pass this tight end up ?  You just pass him up and take positions we need more.  Plus, there is no guarantee this TE will be great in the NFL.  We have drafted Gresham and Eifert in First Round, but a TE in early rounds this year would be stupid with such huge needs at O Line and Defense. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 06:27 PM)kevin Wrote: You pass it up.  That is how you pass it up.  Just as you pass up QB, RB and WR early in draft.  We need Blocking first and Tackling second.  Blocking and Tackling, THAT is what we need.  How do you pass this tight end up ?  You just pass him up and take positions we need more.  Plus, there is no guarantee this TE will be great in the NFL.  We have drafted Gresham and Eifert in First Round, but a TE in early rounds this year would be stupid with such huge needs at O Line and Defense. 

Sheesh, tell me how you really feel.. Don't have a heart attack while youre at it though.. I hear you. I get it. I made my point. Thats all I wanted to do. I usually end up pleased with the way they draft, can't wait to see what happens.  Rock On
Reply/Quote
We pass on this dude by making a good first round pick.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 05:53 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I can see I'm alone with this opinion. That's cool. I just feel like if we pass him up in a couple years (or earlier) we could be saying, wow, why did we pass up on this guy? as he's catching around 10 touchdowns a year. Maybe I'm jumping the gun but I see a lot of potential with this guy. 

As far as the offensive line. We already got our left tackle. We can get our center in 2, and find another offensive tackle or guard in the 3rd round. Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy drafting a center in the first round--I'd be happy with McGlinchey if he falls too, I wouldn't mind Hernandez either. But it doesn't change the feeling that we'll be missing out on a rare talent. 

I feel you Stripes, and you could be right 31 teams could be kicking themselves for not drafting your TE.If the Bengals didnt screw the pooch in the draft two years ago with Obi and Fisher, or in FA last year with Whit and Zietler, or thought the Oline was fine after that and didnt draft anyone last year I think this could be a possibility. I honestly think the Bengals need to hit on Two Guys in this year's draft in order for this Oline to not be a steaming pile of Dog Shat. Its also not a Guarantee that Cordy Glenn will light the world on fire at LT, and people talk as if Boling is an All World Pro Bowl Guard.............. he is average.

The Bengals neglected to draft Oline last year, and that didnt work out too well, I wouldnt suggest making the same mistake two years in a row.
Reply/Quote

Pretty easy man, i want the best Center and that is Ragnow and first round teams are noticing this now.

He won't make it past the Panthers, Falcons, Vikings in the first round from what Jason La Canfora is saying.

They are all VERY interested in Frank in the 1st round. It is Price and Daniels that are falling come Draft day.

You win games from the trenches out, not with Playmakers. We have all seen this time and time again.

The Eagles won the SB cause they had one of the best O-lines. QB's like Dak Prescott look good cause of one of
the best O-lines. You just go ahead and suddenly watch Dalton turn into one of the best QB's in the league if we
get a great O-line, just watch. Take a TE after you take the stud Center please.
Reply/Quote
We can’t pass on OL, the line is ridiculously bad. We need two high choices.
Reply/Quote
Seems like a no-brainer to me. You just smile at the war rooms for Carolina, New England and Tennessee, on your way to turn in your selection for Frank Ragnow, our new rock at Center for the next 10-12 years.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
OT McGlinchey
DE Davenport
TE Goedert
C Ragnow

This would be my wishlist for the first round. Take McGlinchey if he’s there. Beyond that, I would rank Danveport, Goedert and Ragnow all pretty closely. You could throw in a Guard like Hernandez too, but I’d rather get a center if we go interior line in the first.

I still think we can get one of the top 3 centers in the 2nd round. And nobody knows who Pollack and co. are targeting. I’ve heard Price, but who knows. I wouldn’t be excited about Kolton Miller, but we’ll see I guess.

I’d be happy to get a center in the first, but I would also be happy to take best player available and get one in the second. Wouldn’t want a wideout if he’s the best player either. Wouldn’t like a CB besides Josh Jackson. Of course Derwin James would be nice. Anyway, that’s just how I feel. I rank Goedert pretty highly, and I could be wrong for doing so. But I could be right too.

Hobson makes a good point about trading down if McGlinchey is gone.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 07:51 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: OT McGlinchey
DE Davenport
TE Goedert
C Ragnow

This would be my wishlist for the first round. Take McGlinchey if he’s there. Beyond that, I would rank Danveport, Goedert and Ragnow all pretty closely. You could throw in a Guard like Hernandez too, but I’d rather get a center if we go interior line in the first.

I still think we can get one of the top 3 centers in the 2nd round. And nobody knows who Pollack and co. are targeting. I’ve heard Price, but who knows. I wouldn’t be excited about Kolton Miller, but we’ll see I guess.

I’d be happy to get a center in the first, but I would also be happy to take best player available and get one in the second. Wouldn’t want a wideout if he’s the best player either. Wouldn’t like a CB besides Josh Jackson. Of course Derwin James would be nice. Anyway, that’s just how I feel. I rank Goedert pretty highly, and I could be wrong for doing so. But I could be right too.

Hobson makes a good point about trading down if McGlinchey is gone.

We are most interested in McGlinchey and Ragnow of those guys. Brought in both for private meetings.

The Patriots, Panthers, Falcons and even Zim and the Vikes are all interested in Ragnow in the first round right now.

I respect your opinion brother and Goedert is my favorite TE in this Draft but only after we get our Center named Ragnow lol
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 08:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We are most interested in McGlinchey and Ragnow of those guys. Brought in both for private meetings.

The Patriots, Panthers, Falcons and even Zim and the Vikes are all interested in Ragnow in the first round right now.

I respect your opinion brother and Goedert is my favorite TE in this Draft but only after we get our Center named Ragnow lol

and I'd be very happy with that selection, especially when you look at all the 1st round buzz he's getting
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 05:53 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I can see I'm alone with this opinion. That's cool. I just feel like if we pass him up in a couple years (or earlier) we could be saying, wow, why did we pass up on this guy? as he's catching around 10 touchdowns a year. Maybe I'm jumping the gun but I see a lot of potential with this guy. 

no way we go TE at 21....
& when you speak about "freak talent" in rd #1....imo that's QB Lamar Jackson....not any TE....

I say KISS...
keep it simple stupid....
rds 1 & 2 get O-line players.....
this is by far our biggest problem.....it's killed us 2 years in a row....
Reply/Quote