Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you deal with your kids Halloween candy?
(11-05-2015, 06:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Kind of OT but I saw an interesting show about the history of Halloween.  Trick-or-treating door-to-door is a relatively new custom.  It was not popular across the country until in the 1950's.

Interesting. Where did you see this?
Reply/Quote
My buddy has 2 kids (2 and like 1 or something) and he and the missus let him eat a bit then made up some story about leaving it out and a witch turning it into a toy. Sure enough, the candy was replaced by a toy by morning, though the actual story of daddy and "uncle Nate" eating all of it remains a secret to this day.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 10:01 AM)rungiorun25 Wrote: with all the lunatics out there now-a-days...my girlfriend and I carefully scan through all the candy before allowing our kids to touch them.

We have two little ones (4 and 2) so we don't let them have any of the gummy like candies.  We allow them to have a piece after dinner and a piece maybe throughout if they clean up their messes or do something.

we took a little baggy for ourselves with all the jolly ranchers and candies like that in it.

(11-05-2015, 05:05 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: There has never been a single documented case of anything bad happening because a stranger did something to Halloween candy. No razor blades, no pot, no acid, no prescription drugs....the only case of Halloween candy being tainted was a father who killed his son by poisoning the Halloween candy after it had been collected so he could collect insurance money. 
Whew...for a minute I was thinking I was the worst parent in the world. Didn't inspect any of it. 
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 08:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Interesting.   Where did you see this?

Yea I saw something like this on The History Channel not to long ago.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 05:42 PM)Paul from Dayton Wrote: Whew...for a minute I was thinking I was the worst parent in the world. Didn't inspect any of it. 

Just say you knew that fact beforehand and you can be one of those parents who has all the facts  Ninja

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/poison/halloween.asp
Reply/Quote