Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you prepare for the Steelers?
Tackling, and limiting the B's: Bell, Brown and Ben.

Paulie G needs to get this D together, hes got the talent, its on HIM.
Reply/Quote
I like to go to Florence Mall and just walk around with a fish bat slid up and against my forearm (under the jacket), looking for people wearing Steelers gear. When i see one, i stare until he looks back. If he maintains eye contact for at least 2 seconds i immediately change my course and intensify my stare and head directly towards him. When i get within 20 feet i allow the fish bat to slide down into view and i speed up just a bit. Then i laugh when he runs away.

Oh wait...you mean how should the team prepare...

Disregard what i typed before. Cool

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
They should prepare by being sick and tired of being the little-brother-***** and go out to knock some people on their ass repeatedly.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
... Why am I seeing gap discipline and tackling in things to do against a single team?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 10:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I like to go to Florence Mall and just walk around with a fish bat slid up and against my forearm (under the jacket), looking for people wearing Steelers gear. When i see one, i stare until he looks back. If he maintains eye contact for at least 2 seconds i immediately change my course and intensify my stare and head directly towards him. When i get within 20 feet i allow the fish bat to slide down into view and i speed up just a bit. Then i laugh when he runs away.

Oh wait...you mean how should the team prepare...

Disregard what i typed before.  Cool
LOL LOL

I had to Google "fish bat".  Never... in 41 years had I heard the term...  Turns out it's a billy club.  Then I see "offshore angler" associated with it....  Do people beat fish over the head when they catch them at sea?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 11:02 PM)Stormborn Wrote: ... Why am I seeing gap discipline and tackling in things to do against a single team?

Because when you have the talent, all you need is discipline and hard work.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 11:05 PM)treee Wrote: Because when you have the talent, all you need is discipline and hard work.

But like, you don't really need to do those things against other teams?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 11:07 PM)Stormborn Wrote: But like, you don't really need to do those things against other teams?

I disagree. Especially if it's one of the better teams you have faced. You have to reinforce the basics.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 11:08 PM)treee Wrote: I disagree. Especially if it's one of the better teams you have faced. You have to reinforce the basics.

Those things should either be ok in the first place or your players just aren't very good at their jobs. Seeing how only 1 man in the front 7 seven is consistently getting off blocks in run defense, it's leaning towards the latter.

Preparing for a single team should involve exploiting a weakness or limiting a strength of that team alone. Tackling better and staying in your lanes are things that should be taken care of no matter the opponent.
Reply/Quote
Inside pressure on Ben will be a big key. His left leg is the one that's injured, which means he will already have a tough time driving through his throws and keeping the ball down. Keep pressure in his face and keep him throwing off his back foot to get some pick opportunities on overthrows. Both Pouncey and Beachum are done for the year, so Bengals DL vs Steelers OL should be a matchup heavily in our advantage.

Red zone defense will also be big. The Steelers will get yards, but some teams have been able to hold them to a low scoring output. Making quick tackles to limit the damage they do with pick plays is another key.

Biggest key is taking care of the ball on offense. It seems like almost every time we lose to the Steelers, we lose the turnover battle. In fact, early turnovers have allowed the Steelers to put the game out of reach in the first half.
Reply/Quote
Well one thing we have to do to prepare is PROTECT Dalton!! We know Pittsburgh's MO and if this hidden video doesn't prove it with the Steeler head coach giving instruction to the defense on what to do to the opposing QB in order to get a victory!

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 11:13 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Those things should either be ok in the first place or your players just aren't very good at their jobs. Seeing how only 1 man in the front 7 seven is consistently getting off blocks in run defense, it's leaning towards the latter.

Preparing for a single team should involve exploiting a weakness or limiting a strength of that team alone. Tackling better and staying in your lanes are things that should be taken care of no matter the opponent.

Whatever.
Reply/Quote
All great comments here, especially the fish bat, though I'm pretty sure using those during a game would be detected and penalized.

I imagine coaching starts with emphasis on shoring up on our fundamental weaknesses, along with exploiting theirs with what we do best. Few teams present the variety of offense like our team. Beyond that, I think keeping the team loose and confident will be key. Don't want any player to want this win so bad that they press too hard, and get away from 'the program'.

Plus feed a lot of raw meat next week Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Got to slow down Le'Veon Bell. This is a game where we really need a big game from MJ. Looking at linebackers stopping the screens as well. I'm actually comfortable with our secondary. This is a game for the front 7.
Reply/Quote
Blitz whenever possible. Target his weak leg.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 07:33 AM)Adamantium Wrote: Blitz whenever possible. Target his weak leg.

That's really not cool.

To the point, they need to gameplan more for the Steelers weapons in space. Bell, Bryant, and Brown are 3 of the best players in the league at getting into open space and then making plays. I won't pretend to know exactly how to stop that with our current personnel, but they need to prevent those 3 from getting into the open field to begin with while also not letting Bryant burn you.

It's not going to be easy to stop that offense, assuming Roethlisberger is playing. However, I do believe our offense matches up very well with their defense, this could be a shootout.
Reply/Quote
I would start with a course of antibiotics and wash my hands every time I make a tackle
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 10:16 PM)Slappy from New Haven Wrote: I read all of the posts and they are valid. But in the most simplistic approach I can think is The Bengals need to ball up their fists and punch the Steelers in the mouth.

Two very good offenses and two very average defenses.

This is a game they have to out "tough" them

Agreed. You know that the Squealers are going to take some quasi-legal shots at us so we can't let that distract us from our mission of punishing them harder than they punish us.

It is gonna be a dog fight.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 06:36 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Prepare for  30 points needed to win

They seem to average that...and many times took their foot off the gas and stopped near that (Oakland, KC, Buffalo)
Reply/Quote
Brass knuckles under the tape. Ninja
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote