Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does Nick Vigil keep a starting job?
I've watch this clown for 3 years now misread plays
Get washed out, miss tackles , get smoked by TEs.
All my years of watching the Bengals
He is,easily top 5 worst starting LBers
To don a Bengals uniform.
No amount of good coaching can change him.
He's getting worse and worse every year
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 11:08 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I've watch this clown for 3 years now misread plays

If it makes you feel better, Vigil is in the last year of his contract.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 11:08 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I've watch this clown for 3 years now misread plays

And this is after his improvement....lol. Look, all players miss tackles but the kid played a nice game against Seattle. I'm going to put last week way in the rear-view mirror and see how/if they bounce back this week. Going to be a challenge in Buffalo with a QB who can also get after it with his legs...
Reply/Quote
Lack of in-house competition.

Reply/Quote
Bengals have 4 LB's on the roster. Simple math. You can thank the Steelers for trading up and getting Devin Bush.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 11:11 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If it makes you feel better, Vigil is in the last year of his contract.

I'm perplexed how this franchise didnt go after upgrades 
In free agency at LBer
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 11:22 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Bengals have 4 LB's on the roster. Simple math. You can thank the Steelers for trading up and getting Devin Bush.

Please stop it.

We take Williams even if Bush was available.
Reply/Quote

I blame the rat tail. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 11:11 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If it makes you feel better, Vigil is in the last year of his contract.

They seem to enjoy giving out 3 year $15 million contracts.
Reply/Quote
[attachment=541]Be careful. I once posted how I observed that Vigil was being abused in "open space" by skill players. The "Vigil"antes came after me hard.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 12:27 PM)John Shaft Wrote: Be careful. I once posted how I observed that Vigil was being abused in "open space" by skill players. The "Vigil"antes came after me hard.

number 59 is just awlful and we are going to get slammed by the bills.I see a beat down by 3 scores.We need a ton of new players,including a qb.Another wasted year of nfl football.what another joke.Most of these players would not even be on any nfl roster.duke Toblin picks bad players.We need a top general manager and lots and lots of good luck.We are going to be 4 games down real soon and the season will be over before October.Glad its almost deer season. :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:
Reply/Quote
He is good enough to be on a roster hell he might be good enough to be a third LB in a starting lineup but he isn't good enough to be the #1 LB which he is here.
The guy is too inconsistent to be a three down player. It's been three seasons of the hot and Cold play. He is a situational backup right now.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If, in the 2020 draft, the Bengals selected a Linebacker in the first 3 rounds of the draft, I wouldn't complain one bit.

They're that bad. They looked like they were stuck in slow motion on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 12:43 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He is good enough to be on a roster hell he might be good enough to be a third LB in a starting lineup but he isn't good enough to be the #1 LB which he is here.
The guy is too inconsistent to be a three down player. It's been three seasons of the hot and Cold play. He is a situational backup right now.

This. If we had a true #1 LB with speed, Brown and Vigil could play roles more suited to their skills.

They are both mis-cast as #1 and #2 LB's, which they aren't in the modern NFL.
Reply/Quote
Nick Vigil should be a special teamer
Covering kickoffs.
Once he has to read and diagnose plays
He's already toasted.
He's much out of position he can't even stick a
Hand out to trip up the ball carrier
Reply/Quote
I will say that BEFORE his injury last year...Vigil looked much improved at LB.

I have to say it...It's possible that some of our new coaches/schemes aren't that good. I read the quotes after the game and they basically said that a bunch of players made mistakes. It wasn't any 1 guy. To me that is on scheme/coaching.

I guess we'll see in upcoming games.
Reply/Quote
Look at me semi-defending Nick Vigil. All you people and bots that call me negative won't remember that post.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 01:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Look at me semi-defending Nick Vigil. All you people and bots that call me negative won't remember that post.  Hilarious

even if we beat the Bills by 2 scores you will still be negative. but it was buffalo their an awful team they just got lucky and opened the season with 2 bottom 5 teams. I can hear you already
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 11:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Please stop it.

We take Williams even if Bush was available.

Stop what? Making sense? They kept 4 LB's on the roster at a position you typically keep 6. There were 4 LB's they felt were worthy of keeping on the roster. That tells me there was more than a decent chance Bush would have been the guy. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 11:34 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I'm perplexed how this franchise didnt go after upgrades 
In free agency at LBer

Why are you perplexed? They operate as they always have. They have never addressed weaknesses with any urgency. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote