Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does Nick Vigil keep a starting job?
(09-19-2019, 11:08 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I've watch this clown for 3 years now misread plays
Get washed out, miss tackles , get smoked by TEs.
All my years of watching the Bengals
He is,easily top 5 worst starting LBers
To don a Bengals uniform.
No amount of good coaching can change him.
He's getting worse and worse every year

he was really good last year till he hurt his ankle.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 02:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he was really good last year till he hurt his ankle.

Even before the injury he lacked the tenacity to shed blockers 
He was still out of position 
He just lacks a violent streak at a position that needs it.
If he's unblocked yeah he can breakdown and wrap 
But who can't ?
That's 4th grade they teach 
Reply/Quote
Vigil is not a pro-bowler, but he's not as bad as some of you are saying. He was pretty good last season before he was injured and played a hell of a game against Seattle. The entire defense stunk it up last game, not just Vigil.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 11:08 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I've watch this clown for 3 years now misread plays
Get washed out, miss tackles , get smoked by TEs.
All my years of watching the Bengals
He is,easily top 5 worst starting LBers
To don a Bengals uniform.
No amount of good coaching can change him.
He's getting worse and worse every year

I don't know if you are really this clueless or if you are trolling, but this reminds me of thw way you used to call peko garbage before one of the best defenses in the league signed him as a starter.

Vigil is no star but he is nowhere near as bad as you claim.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 02:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know if you are really this clueless or if you are trolling, but this reminds me of thw way you used to call peko garbage before one of the best defenses in the league signed him as a starter.

Vigil is no star but he is nowhere near as bad as you claim.

I'm doing neither Fred. He just flat out cannot play the position 
Like it is supposed to be played 
I've watched this guy get blocked out of a gap over and over over.
Watched him take missteps.
Seen him fail to wrap a ball carrier and the next thing you know 
He's looking up at his cleats for 8 more yards 
THATS THE PROBLEM FRED WE LACK PLAYMAKERS 
AND STARS AT A POSITION THAT DEMANDS IT.
SHOW ME A BAD DEFENSE AND I WILL SHOW YOU 
BAD LINEBACKER PLAY !!!!!!!
GENO ATKINS IS DOING HIS JOB AND OUR BACKERS 
CAN'T HOLD THEIR END OF THE BARGAIN !!!
YEAH YOU SAID IT 
" HE MAY NOT BE A STAR" 
I SWEAR YOU ARE OK WITH MIDDLE OF THE ROAD EFFORT 
AND PRODUCTION AT TIMES 

Why do you prove to me how north of bad he is. ??
He COULDN'T START FOR ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE NORTH 
FACT!!!!

Go check your door Amazon just dropped off your Vigil jersey 
Don't wear it when you go hug your wife she break out of your 
Grasp. 
Reply/Quote
He is terrible.
Reply/Quote
He is not very good. Was over drafted and now is stinking up the place. He gets blocked way to easy and I’m waiting on #59 to make a play. He’s definitely not a starter on a playoff team. Could have signed Brown for really cheap oh well. Maybe next year is the year we sign someone worth a damn.
Reply/Quote
I might consider picking over the corpse of Miami for an LB. Jerome Baker is a 2nd year player out of Ohio State who was drafted in the 3rd round by the Dolphins. He's remaining upbeat despite the bad circumstances he finds himself in. Why don't we throw the 'fins a 5th rounder and rescue him from that tragic situation?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 03:37 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Why do you prove to me how north of bad he is.

He got injured early in week 6 last year.  Coming into that game he was leading the league in solo tackles (41) and was #3 in total tackles (49). Among linebackers he was 10th in tackles for loss (4).

His 17 total tackles in the last game of the season was the 2nd highest recorded last year.

Nick recorded double digit solo tackles twice last year.  Luke Keuchley and Leighton Vander Esch were the only players to do it 3 times but they both played 16 games to Vigil's 11.

Vigil ranked 30th in Profootballoutsiders "stop percentage".
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 12:43 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He is good enough to be on a roster hell he might be good enough to be a third LB in a starting lineup but he isn't good enough to be the #1 LB which he is here.
The guy is too inconsistent to be a three down player. It's been three seasons of the hot and Cold play. He is a situational backup right now.

To my way of thinking,number 59 should have never been drafted by our staff and I do believe there were other better linebackers available.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 06:53 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: To my way of thinking,number 59 should have never been drafted by our staff and I do believe there were other better linebackers available.

There probably was
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 06:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He got injured early in week 6 last year.  Coming into that game he was leading the league in solo tackles (41) and was #3 in total tackles (49). Among linebackers he was 10th in tackles for loss (4).

His 17 total tackles in the last game of the season was the 2nd highest recorded last year.

Nick recorded double digit solo tackles twice last year.  Luke Keuchley and Leighton Vander Esch were the only players to do it 3 times but they both played 16 games to Vigil's 11.

Vigil ranked 30th in Profootballoutsiders "stop percentage".

Good job  for the 2018 stats before the injury 
Do they have a stat for completion % on LB
Or how many stops that negated a 1st down run?.
There's more to tackles than tackles 
Oh that 17 tackle Game vs the Steelers 
He whiffed on a crucial play in the 4th q.
Well its 2019 and he's still looking like the LB 
That is lacking big plays 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 04:05 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: He is terrible.

Despite playing the second half of last season slowed by injury he finished 7th in the league in solo tackles per game.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 02:17 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Even before the injury he lacked the tenacity to shed blockers 

Then how was he leading the leagu in solo tackles and #3 in total tackles?

Bad LBs get blocked and don't make tackles.  Good LBs shed blockers and get to the ball carrier.

Sometimes I think you are just trolling with this stuff.  Where else could you come up with it?
Reply/Quote
Vigil is the new Peko.

People who don't know what they are talking about call him crap.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 07:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Vigil is the new Peko.

Agreed both Average player's who need superstars around them to make them better.  Certainly not the worst but can be replaced.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Peko was way better than Vigil. Peko in his prime would have probably garnered a lot of interest from other teams. I don’t think the same is true for Vigil.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Vigil sucks. Don’t care what gimmick stats you come up with. I’m sure you can make Hart sound like Willie Anderson.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 07:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then how was he leading the leagu in solo tackles and #3 in total tackles?

Bad LBs get blocked and don't make tackles.  Good LBs shed blockers and get to the ball carrier.

Sometimes I think you are just trolling with this stuff.  Where else could you come up with it?

Preston Brown had 14 tackles against the 49ers. Are you actually saying that that worthless stat means he had a good game? 

Him and Vigil were terrible all game. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 02:03 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Why are you perplexed? They operate as they always have. They have never addressed weaknesses with any urgency. 

The LB corps has been a weakness since Owen Daniels was carving them up in the Playoffs. It’s never been fixed, nor has C since Rich Abraham got hurt. The o line has been a weakness since the team decided to let their best two lineman walk in favor of scrubs handpicked by the ketchup whisperer. Mike Brown has zero sense of urgency, unless it’s counting hot dogs or holding the city’s feet to the fire for stadium concessions. 28 years of under 500 ball and zero Playoff wins is proof enough.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote