Julio Jones
Alfred Morris
Legarette Blount

for

Andrew Luck
Demarco Murray
Amer Abdullah
John Brown

why would you do such a thing llooks like you down graded 3 for a rb upgrade.
Reply/Quote
Here's my logic:

Alfred Morris is a rushing back only, he's a ZERO in the passing game. So when his team is on the wrong side of blowouts (which they will be) he will be pulled for an RB that can catch passes and pass protect.

Andrew Luck is going to end up being one of the two best fantasy QB's regardless of Ty Hilton. He is a truly elite talent who had a bad game against arguably a top 2 defense in the league.

Demarco Murray is going to end up being solid, but this is the piece of the trade that I hate the most. I avoided him in drafts, but I figure he is going to be better than Alfred Morris.

Ameer Abdullah is a breakout candidate who has appeared to already taken the starting job from Joique Bell.

John Brown is a HUGE sleeper and breakout candidate on a healthy and productive Cardinals offense with a resurgent Carson Palmer looking for reliable options.

Julio Jones, well he's amazing I wish I could of kept him.

So here is my roster as it stands:

QB Andrew Luck
RB Carlos Hyde
RB Demarco Murray
WR Antonio Brown
WR Emmanuel Sanders
FLEX Ameer Abdullah
TE Delanie Walker
DEF EAGLES
K Dan Bailey

BENCH

WR Julian Edelman
WR Steve Smith SR
WR Charles Johnson
RB Isaiah Crowell
WR John Brown
DEF Jets D
TE Jordan Reed
Reply/Quote
Don't like it. You got snookered.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 11:22 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Don't like it. You got snookered.

I respect your opinion, but what in particular do you not like? Demarco Murray? Giving up Julio Jones was the reason I was hesitant. But I don't think I got robbed in any respect. What about the trade screams highway robbery?
Reply/Quote
It's not a bad trade, just depends on what you need.

John Brown will be good, but not Julio Good.
Luck will be better than Brady (but not that much better).
DeMarco Murray got saved by getting 2 TD's, otherwise he'd have been a big fat doughnut.
Abdullah is stuck, Bell will not go away easily.
Morris is also stuck, Jones is looking good.
Blount should be back this week and should be the guy.

I would've sat tight with that group. Jones/Antonio Brown will more than cover up for any deficiencies you might have at RB.

I would've checked the waiver wire for RB help. Johnson (not Chris) in Arizona, Woodhead in SD (people forget about his 2013 season where he finished in the top 12), Heck even if worst comes to worst get Dunbar in Dallas (he led the team in catches after Bryant went down and probably will on a weekly basis until he comes back).
2 if not all 3 of those guys should've been available.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 11:57 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: It's not a bad trade, just depends on what you need.

John Brown will be good, but not Julio Good.
Luck will be better than Brady (but not that much better).
DeMarco Murray got saved by getting 2 TD's, otherwise he'd have been a big fat doughnut.
Abdullah is stuck, Bell will not go away easily.
Morris is also stuck, Jones is looking good.
Blount should be back this week and should be the guy.

I would've sat tight with that group. Jones/Antonio Brown will more than cover up for any deficiencies you might have at RB.

I would've checked the waiver wire for RB help. Johnson (not Chris) in Arizona, Woodhead in SD (people forget about his 2013 season where he finished in the top 12), Heck even if worst comes to worst get Dunbar in Dallas (he led the team in catches after Bryant went down and probably will on a weekly basis until he comes back).
2 if not all 3 of those guys should've been available.

I agree with this 100%. I laid down in bed last night with the idea planted in my mind that I would stand pat. But I think I bought low on Murray, I think Kelly is going to realize that he is the best option he has. The primary reason I made the trade was to get Luck, I really believe he is going to take another step forward and be the top fantasy QB. I like Brady a lot, and he is very motivated, but I think in a couple of weeks this trade is going to look good because of Luck. I could be wrong, but I believe in Luck.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 12:21 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: I agree with this 100%.  I laid down in bed last night with the idea planted in my mind that I would stand pat. But I think I bought low on Murray, I think Kelly is going to realize that he is the best option he has. The primary reason I made the trade was to get Luck, I really believe he is going to take another step forward and be the top fantasy QB. I like Brady a lot, and he is very motivated, but I think in a couple of weeks this trade is going to look good because of Luck. I could be wrong, but I believe in Luck.

I think the issue is, even if you're right about Luck, the margin of points between QBs really isn't too crazy.

There isn't a huge gap between a good fantasy QB and a great fantasy QB, where there is a pretty wide margin between a good fantasy WR and a great fantasy WR.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 12:42 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I think the issue is, even if you're right about Luck, the margin of points between QBs really isn't too crazy.

There isn't a huge gap between a good fantasy QB and a great fantasy QB, where there is a pretty wide margin between a good fantasy WR and a great fantasy WR.

Well I just turned Ameer Abdullah, Isaiah Crowell, and Steve Smith Sr into Calvin Johnson, Khiry Robinson, and Chris Polk. 

Chris Polk I'm going to cut, but I think I did a good job considering I picked Crowell off waivers yesterday.
Reply/Quote
I would say that I would have kept Brady and Jones for sure. As for Murray, he was stifled on Monday night. Eagles need a better o-line.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 01:55 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I would say that I would have kept Brady and Jones for sure. As for Murray, he was stifled on Monday night. Eagles need a better o-line.

I think Murray will be better than Morris which I like. I also think what we saw against Atlanta was a bad game plan. I think he will be much better than that, but I could be wrong.

However I did turn Ameer Abdullah into Calvin Johnson, which I think is at least an adequate replacement for Julio Jones.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 02:44 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: I think Murray will be better than Morris which I like. I also think what we saw against Atlanta was a bad game plan. I think he will be much better than that, but I could be wrong.

However I did turn Ameer Abdullah into Calvin Johnson, which I think is at least an adequate replacement for Julio Jones.

So what do you guys think of my second trade of the day.

If you didn't see it in the earlier post:

I traded:

Ameer Abdullah
Steve Smith SR
Isaiah Crowell

I received:

Calvin Johnson
Khiry Robinson
Chris Polk ( I have cut Polk and picked up Lance Dunbar on waivers.)
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 09:34 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: I traded:

Tom Brady
Julio Jones
Alfred Morris
Legarette Blount

for

Andrew Luck
Demarco Murray
Amer Abdullah
John Brown

Wow. You got hosed.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 11:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wow. You got hosed.

So you guys really think I did bad when my roster ended up like this:

QB Andrew Luck
RB Carlos Hyde
RB Demarco Murray
WR Antonio Brown
WR Calvin Johnson
FLEX Emmanuel Sanders
TE Delanie Walker
DEF Eagles
K Dan Bailey

Bench
Charles Johnson
Julian Edelman
Khiry Robinson
Lance Dunbar
Jordan Reed
John Brown
Jets D
Reply/Quote
Is this a keeper or redraft? If it's a keeper you are okay, but if it is redraft you got worse. Julio Jones has #1 WR overall potential and Brady very well could be better than Luck this year. Morris and Blount are serviceable, but even still I don't think Murrary has that great of a year as he will lose touches to Matthews and Sproles.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 08:30 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: So you guys really think I did bad when my roster ended up like this:

QB Andrew Luck
RB Carlos Hyde
RB Demarco Murray
WR Antonio Brown
WR Calvin Johnson
FLEX Emmanuel Sanders
TE Delanie Walker
DEF Eagles
K Dan Bailey

Bench
Charles Johnson
Julian Edelman
Khiry Robinson
Lance Dunbar
Jordan Reed
John Brown
Jets D

You have a good roster but I still think you could have gotten more from Julio then Murray.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 03:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: Is this a keeper or redraft? If it's a keeper you are okay, but if it is redraft you got worse. Julio Jones has #1 WR overall potential and Brady very well could be better than Luck this year. Morris and Blount are serviceable, but even still I don't think Murrary has that great of a year as he will lose touches to Matthews and Sproles.

I agree with you that Julio is better, but grabbing Calvin Johnson while still holding on to Antonio Brown made me pretty happy. Honestly I think people are overrating how good Brady will be this year. He is 38 years old and has lost a lot of his ability to push the ball down field. Thats not to say that he won't have a very good season, in fact I all but guarantee he will. However, there is no way I am going to say that he will be better than Luck. Luck has rare talent and is ridiculously young, the only concern I have is if the talent around him can do the work they need to. I think we see Luck with 40+ TD's and 4500+ yards, plus the rushing yards he gives you. 

I am considering trading Murray with Edelman to try and get a more reliable back. I'm much less worried about Murray than you guys are. Sure the Dallas line was amazing last year, but Murray is still a very good player. I am most concerned about his health. Murray has a long injury history, and while we are on that matter, so does Julio Jones. Julio having hamstring issues does concern me. I played wing in rugby while in college and hamstring problems kept me sidelined for a lot of my career. There really is no way to heal your hamstring during the season. Even if starts as a minor injury, they get much worse as a season goes on. This was not a major factor in me getting rid of Julio, but I will say if you own him then you will want to keep an eye on him.
Reply/Quote
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here who offered their input on my trade, for better or worse. Good to have a community of Bengals fans to get advice from.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 07:14 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here who offered their input on my trade, for better or worse. Good to have a community of Bengals fans to get advice from.

I like the trade. It seems to make sense regarding your roster.

That's why I believe rating a trade by just mentioning the traded players doesn't really work. You just can compare pure isolated value and ignore the advantage to the trader's roster. But in a good trade, none of the participants is the loser. The loser of a good trade is the rest of the league.

Just 2 cents. Carry on.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 08:07 PM)hollodero Wrote: I like the trade. It seems to make sense regarding your roster.

That's why I believe rating a trade by just mentioning the traded players doesn't really work. You just can compare pure isolated value and ignore the advantage to the trader's roster. But in a good trade, none of the participants is the loser. The loser of a good trade is the rest of the league.

Just 2 cents. Carry on.

This was my thinking. I went with zero RB strategy through round 3 to load myself with the best talent available at WR, unless a dynamic RB fell my way. This gave me roster flexibility in that I had ridiculous talent at the WR position, and a few of my bench receivers were either WR3 or close WR2 talent. So the Calvin Johnson trade cost me my RB3 when I was mostly starting a WR in my flex. Thus giving me a WR1 in both WR slots, 2 potential RB1's in my RB slots(if Murray can be better utilize and perform), and IMO what will be the hands down best fantasy QB. I essentially got 5 first 3 round of the draft players. So whether you like the players or not, for week 2 I managed to gain a slew of early round players.

If I can turn Murray in a more reliable back then fantastic. 
Reply/Quote