Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does my trade look>
(09-18-2015, 06:38 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: I agree with you that Julio is better, but grabbing Calvin Johnson while still holding on to Antonio Brown made me pretty happy. Honestly I think people are overrating how good Brady will be this year. He is 38 years old and has lost a lot of his ability to push the ball down field. Thats not to say that he won't have a very good season, in fact I all but guarantee he will. However, there is no way I am going to say that he will be better than Luck. Luck has rare talent and is ridiculously young, the only concern I have is if the talent around him can do the work they need to. I think we see Luck with 40+ TD's and 4500+ yards, plus the rushing yards he gives you. 

I am considering trading Murray with Edelman to try and get a more reliable back. I'm much less worried about Murray than you guys are. Sure the Dallas line was amazing last year, but Murray is still a very good player. I am most concerned about his health. Murray has a long injury history, and while we are on that matter, so does Julio Jones. Julio having hamstring issues does concern me. I played wing in rugby while in college and hamstring problems kept me sidelined for a lot of my career. There really is no way to heal your hamstring during the season. Even if starts as a minor injury, they get much worse as a season goes on. This was not a major factor in me getting rid of Julio, but I will say if you own him then you will want to keep an eye on him.

-Brady has shown 0 regression at this point. Just saying because he is 38 he won't be the same guy he was last year is nuts.
- luck has a horrible line and a #1 wr who is injured and a hb who is washed up.
-Murray is constantly hurt and relies on downhill running. I don't foresee the east west running setup in philly to work for him.
- every major wr has a hamstring issue right now. ODB came back from it fine last year. You manage by giving rest during the week which they have.

I just don't think it was a good move. Based on what you have said you just like churning your roster (which is fine) but in this one you lost.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 09:02 PM)Au165 Wrote: -Brady has shown 0 regression at this point. Just saying because he is 38 he won't be the same guy he was last year is nuts.
- luck has a horrible line and a #1 wr who is injured and a hb who is washed up.
-Murray is constantly hurt and relies on downhill running. I don't foresee the east west running setup in philly to work for him.

- every major wr has a hamstring issue right now. ODB came back from it fine last year. You manage by giving rest during the week which they have.

I just don't think it was a good move. Based on what you have said you just like churning your roster (which is fine) but in this one you lost.

You are right about ODB, he came back but did miss time. I feel I misspoke when I said you can't heal during the season. But IMO the only way to heal a hamstring is to rest a lot. And they are easy to reaggravate. If memory serves ODB did miss a few games last year.

You may very well be right, and all the concerns you have are legit. But I do think my roster turn over has a good bit of upside.
Reply/Quote
I like how it ended so far lol.
I see you got dunbar as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Murray got 2 yards rushing this week. O-line for Philly is bad.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 10:37 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Murray got 2 yards rushing this week. O-line for Philly is bad.

See my comment from before. Murray is a downhill runner like AP, people severely under estimate the effect taking the hand off from shotgun has on downhill guys.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 09:44 AM)Au165 Wrote: See my comment from before. Murray is a downhill runner like AP, people severely under estimate the effect taking the hand off from shotgun has on downhill guys.

You are right on this point. Murray still added 50 something yards receiving. He is a better receiver than people give him credit for. No one seems to be able to run behind that line. Matthews got stuffed and so did Murray. Chip Kelly better get to tinkering, because his team is wrecked. 

Luckily I am on pace to still put up over 110 points in fantasy even with Murray and Hyde crapping the bed. I could of had Mark Ingram in this trade instead of Murray, hindsight being 20-20 I wish I had done so. Even tho Ingram didn't do much either, outside of a TD. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 06:38 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: I agree with you that Julio is better, but grabbing Calvin Johnson while still holding on to Antonio Brown made me pretty happy. Honestly I think people are overrating how good Brady will be this year. He is 38 years old and has lost a lot of his ability to push the ball down field. Thats not to say that he won't have a very good season, in fact I all but guarantee he will. However, there is no way I am going to say that he will be better than Luck. Luck has rare talent and is ridiculously young, the only concern I have is if the talent around him can do the work they need to. I think we see Luck with 40+ TD's and 4500+ yards, plus the rushing yards he gives you. 

I am considering trading Murray with Edelman to try and get a more reliable back. I'm much less worried about Murray than you guys are. Sure the Dallas line was amazing last year, but Murray is still a very good player. I am most concerned about his health. Murray has a long injury history, and while we are on that matter, so does Julio Jones. Julio having hamstring issues does concern me. I played wing in rugby while in college and hamstring problems kept me sidelined for a lot of my career. There really is no way to heal your hamstring during the season. Even if starts as a minor injury, they get much worse as a season goes on. This was not a major factor in me getting rid of Julio, but I will say if you own him then you will want to keep an eye on him.

big names do you little good if they arent producing points... Im benching luck

Murray was used and abused last year 400+ carrys and every back declines the next season behind a swiss cheese ol in philly and its gonna be a bad year.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 05:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: big names do you little good if they arent producing points... Im benching luck

Murray was used and abused last year 400+ carrys and every back declines the next season behind a swiss cheese ol in philly and its gonna be a bad year.

I wouldn't bench Luck.

Murray will be fine later in the season, the Eagles have been "resting" him Tongue
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 05:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: big names do you little good if they arent producing points... Im benching luck

Oh I know all about the curse of 370. But from what I remember a lot of backs were older when they hit that mark and fell off. Regardless I don't think the wear and tear is what's hurting Murray, but rather his idiot head coach who insist on running a north south runner out of the shotgun.

I think luck will be fine, but I may put cam Newton in for him. Even though both are lacking weapons, Cam Newton is more athletic and a better improviser so he might be able to put up points with his legs and creative playing style. Plus his defense his nasty so he won't have to play in desperation mode as much. Which is where QBs are most likely going to throw picks.

As
Reply/Quote